PDA

View Full Version : Last Fuel Rail Question

rocksteady_racer
12-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I bored the hole out on the one side and installed a M8 size bolt instead of stock. The rail fits fine and doesn't leak. However, the car will only run for a 30 seconds and shut off. There isn't much gas in the tank so that could be the problem. I thought maybe if the fuel lines were installed backwards or something that that might cause that or something. Anyway, I installed the line coming from the fuel filter into the fuel rail line and the line from the fpr is on the other line (the one right next to the firewall. I know the pump lines are on right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It takes a few turns to start up which I thought was odd since before it would start right up. Maybe a vacuum leak or something? Again thanks in advance.

If I disconnect the vacuum line from the fpr the car will run fine and doesn't seem to stall as easy. Anybody know why this would happen? The vacuum in the hose isn't strong enough or something? Thanks in advance

smelly240
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
take a picture - im confused

burnsauto
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
do you know the fuel pressure when the vacuum line is installed on the fpr?

rocksteady_racer
12-09-2007, 01:03 PM
It's all stock - sohc

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so I couldn't tell the pressure running off the rail.
http://www.projectrush.net/cars/img/misc/IMGP0227.JPG
Two fuel lines one runs straight one curves
I hooked the straight one to the FPR and the curvy one to the fuel rail

http://www.projectrush.net/cars/img/misc/IMGP0228.JPG
here is the fpr, I disconnected that vacuum hose right there. The big circular thing on top is hooked up right (EGR I think) so this is just baffling me unless one of the hoses aren't hooked up right? Maybe i should cut it and try because I think it has a small kink in it but that doesn't make sense why it would work better when it's unplugged.

rocksteady_racer
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I've judged it down to bad gas. I put some 93 in and it's running alot better than it was.