PDA

View Full Version : Starter Removal

Lee
01-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Any suggestions on removing the starter? Like order of steps and location of bolts?
Thanks.

sspikey
01-11-2002, 02:28 PM
get an fsm. factory service manual should explain it in there. your dealer can get you one for around 60$ i think

chickenmanq
01-11-2002, 08:17 PM
If you have a sohc KA, it's annoying as shit.  Go at if from underneath.  I ended up cutting inner fenderwell material to get to it.

soon2Bsilvia
01-11-2002, 08:24 PM
when i had to remove the starter from my 95 s14, All i did was unscrew two nuts that are hidden way inside under the car. they are really hard to get to. there right infront of your starter. Its a pain because the starter is actually locked into place. you have to pull it out a certain way after removing the nuts.

01-12-2002, 04:07 PM
you can do it from over head thats the easiest take your neg batt cable off unplug the clips that go to the starter and then there should be 2 bolts. pull those out and then tug the starter out there should be another power cable attached with a 10mm bolt loosen it and viola!

(i think i went from the top, then again this was when i changed my clutch which was bout 2-3 months ago.)