PDA

View Full Version : S14: what's the small harness by the pass. side marker/wiper tank?

alkemyst
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I was doing my side marker bulbs and fog's today and noticed the passenger side marker harness has a separate black plug on it that goes no where. It's right by the wiper reservoir as well.

Anyone know what this is for?

98s14inaz
12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I was doing my side marker bulbs and fog's today and noticed the passenger side marker harness has a separate black plug on it that goes no where. It's right by the wiper reservoir as well.

Anyone know what this is for?

iirc it is for the fog lights if you don't have an se. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

alkemyst
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I have an SE...as far as I can tell (it gets dark here by the time I get home though) that harness was only on the passenger side.

kouki_s14
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
wiper tank pump?

INeedNewTires
12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
post a pic it will help diagnose the problem far better than words can describe!

98koukile
12-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Where the hell is Russ? He probably doesn't even need a pic to tell you what it is

jdmspooge
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't think it's for the fogs. I have an SE and the fog harness doesn't hook up to it. It seems that that plug is like electric taped to the harness surrounding the windshield wipe reservoir. Yeah! Where is Mr. Russ. He knows the S14 like no other...

projectRDM
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Here I am.

Canadian models have a low washer fluid indicator in the cluster, that plug is for the light in the dash. It's prewired in the underhood harness, but not in the dash harness.

Can I go to sleep now?

alkemyst
12-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think it's for the fogs. I have an SE and the fog harness doesn't hook up to it. It seems that that plug is like electric taped to the harness surrounding the windshield wipe reservoir. Yeah! Where is Mr. Russ. He knows the S14 like no other...

Same here, mine looked like it may have been taped at one time...my fogs are connected and my wiper pump is working fine.

I couldn't find anything within the length of the wiring that it could plug into.

alkemyst
12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Here I am.

Canadian models have a low washer fluid indicator in the cluster, that plug is for the light in the dash. It's prewired in the underhood harness, but not in the dash harness.

Can I go to sleep now?

Ahh, that would make a lot of sense. It would be nice to have that option here.

I tried to look at my cluster to see if there is a wiper area...was this totally gone from US cars.

projectRDM
12-06-2007, 09:58 PM
The US cluster didn't have a place for it, but there is an extra spot for a bulb that's not marked. You could probably get the Canadian indicator cover with the icons and wire it in.

Honestly though, I don't know of any 240SX I've ever touched or even seen that still has the washer tank period. Intercoolers take up the space and CF hoods delete the sprayers.

alkemyst
12-07-2007, 09:56 PM
The US cluster didn't have a place for it, but there is an extra spot for a bulb that's not marked. You could probably get the Canadian indicator cover with the icons and wire it in.

Honestly though, I don't know of any 240SX I've ever touched or even seen that still has the washer tank period. Intercoolers take up the space and CF hoods delete the sprayers.

thanks...didn't know you never saw any stock 240's though...not that that is bad

projectRDM
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, I meant the ones I work on. Obviously wrecked or impound stuff still has it.