PDA

View Full Version : Redtop MAF sensor question

CSXTacy
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Ok every one i know as soon as i post this there will be 50 replys saying search, search, search! but i have searching for a while to no solid answer. so if you could save me the hassle of being harassed for not searching and just give me some good info that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Redtop SR and the MAF sensor that came with the motor sway has taken a dump on me so it is time to get a new one. now i searched the forums to see what kind of MAF sensor i could use to replace my old one. and it seems like the consensus was a 89 240sx SOHC MAF sensor will work. so i went down to my local autoparts store and purchased a MAF for a 89 240sx SOHC well when i recieved the item it only had a 3 prong plug in. i know that only three are used on the Sr motor swap but i am sure the connector has a fourth pin that is just empty. so i guess my question is did Orilies send me the wrong MAF or do i have to cut the plug off of a stock KA harness or is there another MAF sensor that will work that has a connector for 3 wires but is wide enuff for a 4 wire connector? i hope this is clear enuff for everyone. sometimes i get off track with my posts. Like i said i did search the forums but found too many post saying too many different things. anyones info would be greatly appreciated!!!

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
i think ka24de is a 4 pin and ka24e is a 3 pin. thats why you can use it with just repinning the harness plug. someone who has done this will chime in.

hope this link helps:
http://www.srswap.com/faq/faq_mafs.asp
and this:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=161260&highlight=ka24e+maf (which looks like a 3 prong)

-search. lol had to say it.

Sileighty_85
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Both SR and SOHC are 3 pins Sr has 4th but its blank. Just find a SOHC MAF Plug from a junked S13 and wire in the SOHC Pigtail into the SR Harness.

CSXTacy
12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I also heard a SR20DE MAF sensor off of a 93 nissan sentra SE-R will work as well?? is this true??

CSXTacy
12-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Any one????????

Sileighty_85
12-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I also heard a SR20DE MAF sensor off of a 93 nissan sentra SE-R will work as well?? is this true??

I dont think it is I saw a G20 in a Junk Yard awhile ago. I didnt take the Maf cuz I dont think it looked anything like the SR one