PDA

View Full Version : s15 headlight install schematic help

Bobafreak
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
No this is not the typical how do i find the clips install. I actually installed the lights using Yoshi wiring diagram but i have a few question regarding to anyone who has done this already. Well first off i wired my lights and notice they are not the same way how Yoshi has his. For one when i have the switch in the center i flip up the lights first click which would be the blinker lights my parking light comes on. 2nd flip which are the lights my high beam logo pops up and my high beams are on along with the parking.

So i figure strange i decide to turn the lights off and move the switch toward the dash i flipped the switch once again the parking light comes on like it should. 2nd flip my high beam light comes on but its like a regular light instead, my projector is on as well, and so is the parking light. but once i put the switch in the middle again my high beams come on and the parking light. Here is how i wired it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/wiresetup-1.jpg
Again i did try Yoshis wiring technique but he does not explain which wires he used from the headlights because the 2 positive wires both are different. One has a stronger wattage which i would assume would be for the high beams while the other is a very low watt. Any advice would help. thanks.

robiniscool
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
you wired it wrong,according to your diagram, try connecting red and blue to the negative high beams, the postive high beams and postive low beam to the green and negative low beam to the remaining wire.

i had the same problem so i just tried different combinations until it worked

tangch
12-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Just try one at a time, that was how i figure mine out.
It looks like the high beam positive and low beam positive are touching, that is why the high beam logo comes on either high beam or low beam.
With the stock wiring, you can only turn on either high or low beam.