PDA

View Full Version : trouble shootin video of SR ignitor

SOCAL240
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
okay so i felt i was getting a bad connection from the ignitor so i took the tape apart and found that the wires pretty f'd up both wires were soldered
idk if thats how u say it but yea so i took clipped it off and put it back together i thought that would fix the problem but the funny thing is that

THE ENGINE SHAKES AND MY SHIFT KNOB WOBBLES AND MY CAR SOUNDS LIKE A SUBI BUT when i play around with the ignitor ( i move it around) the annoying sound stops and the engine / shift knob stop shaking
i drive the car around and it feels like it runs like shit

any input on this greatly appreciated

heres the video ( you may not see the engine shaking but it was and if you play close attention theres a moment where i play around with the ignitor and it stops sounding like a subi)

heres the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhXwGcuutk

sorry i will try to get the video pasted onto here it just hasnt finished loading thanks guys

smelly240
12-04-2007, 04:47 PM
ur igniter wiring is probably crappy

SOCAL240
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
how can i get that fixed??
is there anywhere where i buy the wiring or can i just take it to a shop and have them do it for me?
thanks

smelly240
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
just check continuity for the igniter to ecu and igniter to the coil packs... while moving it around... also double check the grounding on the coil pack harness

jskateborders
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
just find where the conection is bad and solder it.... you have an sr. Time to become mechanically inclined.

SOCAL240
12-05-2007, 08:44 PM
turns out my wires are fine and i may have a bad igniter not sure though

how would i know if i have a bad ignitor??
in the mornings around 8am when i head out to school the car runs better but once ive been running the car it starts to run like shit again

may this be because of a faulty ignitor?

thanks

thedecapitator
12-15-2007, 01:27 AM
^^ bump i have this same prob.

cotbu
12-15-2007, 02:47 AM
clearly the wiring, the igniter has no moving parts. bolt it down, check ecu for codes then redo wiring. the ground can be run directly to the chassis.
your looking for code 21 - Ignition Signal.

I have mine grounded to the chassis, and broke the ground when removing the intake manifold. It would not start at all.

RedtopTech
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
who did your harness? Looks terrible. go to auto parts store and buy some wire and solder. Fix that ISH!