PDA

View Full Version : Trunk release cable?

yokotavia
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
i saw another thread on here, but it didnt deal with the same problem as mine.

my problem is, the trunk release lever wont open my trunk on my s13.

the key works fine to open it, but its a pain in the ass.

im thinking maybe the cable got stretched out or something.

not sure.

i was just wondering if someone else has had this same problem and could help a brotha out. =D

Def
12-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Happened to me, cable broke by the lever up at the driver's seat so the sheath would move back and forth and not the cable itself.

It could be stretched out, but that's the first place I'd look.

MomentumGT
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Mine does work but not properly as well. When I open the hatch with the in cabin lever it works but when I close the hatch it doesn't lock. I just get out and open the hatch with the key from now on. I would say mine is stretched as well.

-Jon

worangejuice
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
yea!let's start a club!haha, But I think the only way to get a cheap one is to junkyard it. Cause I think the dealer sells the whole assembly and it is probably ridiculoso!

projectRDM
12-03-2007, 08:52 PM
The cable is either stretched, broken, loose, or the cancel lever is flipped in the trunk.

SOCAL240
12-03-2007, 08:57 PM
wowsers same problem here! it is a pain in the ass having to bust out the key to open it
im used to remote controls, elevators and oh yea u get the point basiclly im a lazy ass mofo

onehundredoctane
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
if you slam your trunk too hard, you will knock the trunk lever down that is located in the trunk latch, I've done that before, it's annoying.

cronux
12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
mine did the same thing, and mine was because the rubber stoppers on the trunk were old and cracked. so i grabbed the ones off of my parts car, which where still good, and installed. its a tighter fit for the trunk, you have to shut it kind of hard, but it opens with the lever now.

yokotavia
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
hahaha.

thanks guys, ill look into it.

pretty sure i can find a used trunk cable around here...lol