12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I search and didnt come up with the answers that i was looking for

how much faster is the s15 turbo compared to the stock t25

im talkin about just stock vs stock

will u be able to feel that much push and boost with the s15 turbo

or will it be not that much noticable diference

SHIFT_*grind*
12-03-2007, 04:37 PM
The short version: It's a big difference.

If you want the long version, search harder.

azndoc
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh man....

Search here and google.

So much info out there.

And it's a big difference.

And also there's different variations of the S15 turbos also.

Each different ones came off different models and aren't all the same.

I'm tired. Search....

mikey0129
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
like i said i already tried searching and didnt come upt with and info on dis

JDS Performance
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I will put it like this - you will need bigger injectors (more fuel) plus more air = a new tune - so yeah big difference - and yeah a good bit more $$ than you were thinking I am sure.

and if you start talking in slang - nobody will help you on this forum ("info on dis")

Silvia_S13
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
the difference is big, and big is good. not 500hp big, but t25 is small.

chad_everson
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
You can run with s15 turbo, up the boost run the same injectors and will be fine still without a tune.. A tune yes will make some more power, but is not ness. to run the s15 turbo.

-Chad

mikey0129
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
im talking about stock .... not upgrading any injectors or anything

mikey0129
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
will i feel alot of diference just slapping the s15 turbo on?

chad_everson
12-03-2007, 05:07 PM
yes you will feel difference in spool time, your powerband, and the amount of power you get.. Especially when you up your boost levels..

-Chad

mikey0129
12-03-2007, 05:07 PM
ok kool thx for all your help

Def
12-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Do not run over 9-10 psi on a T28/S15 turbo without bigger injectors, MAF, and a tune or some sort - you WILL run lean much past that point. it was 11 psi towards redline when my stock MAF would max out.

chad_everson
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I ran 1 bar with my s15 turbo on my s13 blacktop with only a fuel pump. It ran slightly lean but nothing to take notice of.

Def
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Mine started going lean as soon as the MAF max'd out(obviously). I would NEVER recommend someone do that with their engine, as that's really playing with fire.

At 1 bar you were probably revving out for a good 2-3k RPM with the MAF max'd... I would take notice of that regardless of how well you think it drives. You take that thing out on the track or something and it will pop.

chad_everson
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The maf did not get maxed out with it. We had it on our dyno and was checking it to find out. My tuner knows what he is doing. I Managed Intec Racing/Silk Road USA ( our s13.5 is driven by Haraguchi in FD under falken) our mechanics and tuners build motors for the street and for race use. With running my setup you would not have to worry about anything..

-Chad

Hooorahh!
12-03-2007, 09:45 PM
its kinda like comparing a sr20de with a det .. big dif. i wouldnt go past 12psi if i were u w/o upgradeing fuel system .. 1 bar i seen it happen but u are pushing it a bit and it depends on how healthy ur motor is as well ...
i also hope u have a upgraded fuel pump regardless if ur gonna run a T25 or T28....

Size
12-03-2007, 10:18 PM
the stock maf and the stock 370cc are garbage for this set up,unless you only want to enjoy a tiny difference.

remember there is a reason why the stock s15 motors comes with 480cc injectors,..

s15 turbo, 370cc,stock sohc 240/sr maf no more than 8psi ( if you want to keep your healthy motor) and wait till you upgrade your injectors and maf or managment with a tune.

s15 turbo , 550cc, z32 maf with tune 10psi- 20psi no prob, daily beat the shit out of and enjoy seeing your rear tires burn with 94 octane gas, bkr7e v groove NGK plugs works well.

usdm180sx
12-04-2007, 12:30 AM
like i said i already tried searching and didnt come upt with and info on dis

You suck at searching

tymlesxrs
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Gas makes a big difference. California crap 91 is pretty bad. You may be able to get away with 1 bar in the Northwest, but it could be a problem here in socal. With an S14 turbo on my redtop, I maxed the stock injectors before 6 grand at 12 lbs. I wasn't knocking, but caution should still be taken. Now that I got my 550's in, car feels much better.

BTW how are you Mr. Everson? Can't wait to see that finished project of yours...

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
12-04-2007, 01:13 AM
ugrade fuel system or don;t buy one! you don;t wanna detonate!

Doluck
12-04-2007, 01:58 AM
how much faster is the s15 turbo compared to the stock t25

Good question! Its NOT!! I just put both turbos side by side on the street outside and watched for 15 min, neither one moved I guess they are both slow..... :-/

Size
12-04-2007, 03:20 AM
slow snails huh!

LOL

chad_everson
12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
So anyone on here that is saying that they maxed out their injectors on here actually put them on a dyno and find out or just thinking that they maxed out? With the stock fuel pump it maxed out. With aftermarket one the stock injectors are fine. I ran 370 injectors up to high high 200whp before getting maxed out on the duty cycle. With that setup the only problem I was running ito was the motor running a lil lean. The fuel system was handling it though. We did this just to find this question out. After we put a power FC on and tuned.

-Chad

mikey0129
12-04-2007, 10:40 AM
You suck at searching

if u aint ganna help den dont talk

harangatang
12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
if u aint ganna help den dont talk
LOL...
if We "AINT GANNA help DEN"... wtf??
ENGLISH, DO YOU SPEAK IT??
You could have easily found this answer on here or google. And You have already had your question answered, if you didnt notice..

Def
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
So anyone on here that is saying that they maxed out their injectors on here actually put them on a dyno and find out or just thinking that they maxed out? With the stock fuel pump it maxed out. With aftermarket one the stock injectors are fine. I ran 370 injectors up to high high 200whp before getting maxed out on the duty cycle. With that setup the only problem I was running ito was the motor running a lil lean. The fuel system was handling it though. We did this just to find this question out. After we put a power FC on and tuned.

-Chad

I had an AFC reading MAF voltage and a Consult readout - both said the MAF max'd out on 11 psi(this was at sea level on a 90 deg F day).

The stock injectors have a bit more headroom than the stock MAF does. Depending on your BSFC, the MAF is only good for ~250-270 rwhp.

chad_everson
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, for some reason my maf did not get maxed out when we did it.

((sr)) kelly
12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
2871r ftw.....................

burnsauto
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
2871r ftw.....................

kelly...shut up, lol.

+1 with most of the other guys on here..i wouldnt go past 9-10 lbs max on stock injectors and a maf.

if you're really serious about sourcing out an s15 t28...i'd go with the spec-r (IMO)

tymlesxrs
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I maxed out the stock injectors on the dyno, hooked up to a laptop through Power FC D-Jetro, so the MAF sensor is not my concern. I do have a Walbro 255 pump as well, but still wasn't enough. I'm not saying that stock injectors can't handle, but I'm just saying make sure it does, if not, upgrade.

mikey0129
12-05-2007, 10:42 AM
dam im loving it

mikey0129
12-05-2007, 10:43 AM
dam i just slaped that biatch on and it feels like a rocket compared to a t25

thanks for all your help

wzntha
12-08-2007, 11:03 PM

GSXRJJordan
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Whenever upgrading turbos, you should upgrade fuel system/MAF/management - that doesn't mean you have to. You can probably run a GT28RS at 10lbs or so. You'll be able to feel the power cut when you start detonating, but it'll be too late... you'll already be running lean.

motorsnail
12-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Whenever upgrading turbos, you should upgrade fuel system/MAF/management - that doesn't mean you have to. You can probably run a GT28RS at 10lbs or so. You'll be able to feel the power cut when you start detonating, but it'll be too late... you'll already be running lean.

Yeah people dont liscen, he will blow his shit just like the last dude that made a "s15 t28 turbo will it work" thread. I am wondering why he even made the thread if he was going to slap it on anyways? But eh people learn from their own mistakes and he just made one:hsdance:

Size
12-09-2007, 12:40 AM
x2^

chad.... your maf must have been on roids,:loco:

you can tap in a bit the center of the stock fuel pressure regualtor that will give a bit more pressure and a bit more for the 370's but

TOO LEAN IS NO GOOD< BOOM BOOM KABOOM!

bigger turbo, then get better management and more fuel. a simple as that

issac
12-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah people dont liscen, he will blow his shit just like the last dude that made a "s15 t28 turbo will it work" thread. I am wondering why he even made the thread if he was going to slap it on anyways? But eh people learn from their own mistakes and he just made one:hsdance:

A wise man learns from the mistakes of others......... A fool learns from his own.

240SX2high2aim
12-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Issac is right. Look, if you wanna push it sure it might work for a couple of days but your sacrificing the life of your engine. Your better running rich then lean. So I would get the 550cc injectors with the S15 turbo. And get some sort of a piggy-back fuel controller or if you have money then get an STAND ALONE ENGINE MANAGEMENT (so you can use the same thing to manage all your mods tell the very end), and a new MAF. It is a good investment because if you want more power you can slap on the GT2871r damn that shit is nice.

Flybert
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
S15 turbo up to 10psi is perfectly fine on stock s13 SR. I would personally stick to stock boost and put race gas in at the track because I'm paranoid but I have had a friend running this setup for a long ass time. For most of that time he was even using a stock sidemount intercooler and 91 octane cali pissgas. He tracks it more than any of you guys and his motor is still running strong. He's had the same SR for at least 5 years now.

wzntha
12-09-2007, 06:50 PM

DC5RACER
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Well um guessing they put 480s on the 15 for a reason...maybe its cause of the BB turbo...don't be a cheapass when it comes to forced induction or your car will run like crap

Def
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Just measure MAF voltage on a long 3rd gear pull at different boost levels on a cold day and that will tell you what your safe boost level is - it's not that hard people. Don't guess, make sure your setup runs fine for you.

That said, 10 psi will almost surely be safe, but definitely getting close to maxxing the MAF out on cold days at low altitude.

SHIFT_*grind*
12-10-2007, 08:01 AM
If you're going to run an upgraded turbo without a fuel and tuning upgrade, leave the boost stock. I don't have firsthand experience (not *yet*, I'm putting a GTiR T28 on my otherwise stock S13 SR), but you're begging for an explosion if you up the boost on an upgraded turbo and stock tune.

I was told that my GTiR T28 on stock S13 motor at 100% stock boost would be fine; I imagine that an S15 T28 would probably be fine as well?*

*this is just a guess, don't quote me :)

statik
12-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I ran my GT28RS on stock injectors/maf at 10psi for a few months, just don't take it over 6800, mine came close to maxing the maf higher than that. It made 253hp @ 6300 and was still climbing steadily

240SX2high2aim
12-11-2007, 12:07 AM
i plan on running it at 7 psi, so would that reduce the chance of running lean? i use it as a daily driver and im not trying to make huge amounts of power. the stock turbo doesn't seem like its in good condition, which is why i want to change it out. also, what size injectors would you recommend? 550? and if i change the maf, i would need something like an safc for it, right?

Lean means there is to much air. Rich is too much gas. PSI mean pounds per square inch. If you have less amount of air then you get less lean so yes if you run on lower boost you will kindof even it out BUT what is the point to that your just wasting the green for an S15 turbo and not using it. You could make the same power from the other with more boost. You get it its not worth it.

240SX2high2aim
12-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey sorry if this is out of the subject but i had my own questions and this is kind of in the same area. This is the mods I plan on doing when i do an SR20DET swap what do you think i should run PSI and how much you think i will make HP TQ.

STOCK injectors
STOCK TURBO
Z32 MAFS
ACT Street/Strip 372 ft/lbs clutch
Fadanza Aluminum Flywheel
B&M Short Shifter
Koyo Radiator
Oil Cooler (http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page07.html) (450hp)
Circuit Sports Coolant Tank

Greddy R-Spec FMIC (or should I get the SPEC M {wat is difference} Spec M is a lot more cheaper like 1/2 price)
Greddy Type RS BOV
Greddy Oil Pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Greddy Auto Turbo Timer

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (or Tanabe Concept G Blue Exhaust)

And then later on upgrade to a GT2871r, 740cc Injectors, Power FC

GabeS14
12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Hey sorry if this is out of the subject but i had my own questions and this is kind of in the same area. This is the mods I plan on doing when i do an SR20DET swap what do you think i should run PSI and how much you think i will make HP TQ.

STOCK injectors
STOCK TURBO
Z32 MAFS
ACT Street/Strip 372 ft/lbs clutch
Fadanza Aluminum Flywheel
B&M Short Shifter
Koyo Radiator
Oil Cooler (http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page07.html) (450hp)
Circuit Sports Coolant Tank

Greddy R-Spec FMIC (or should I get the SPEC M {wat is difference} Spec M is a lot more cheaper like 1/2 price)
Greddy Type RS BOV
Greddy Oil Pan
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
Greddy Auto Turbo Timer

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust (or Tanabe Concept G Blue Exhaust)

And then later on upgrade to a GT2871r, 740cc Injectors, Power FC

you didnt say which Sr you would be getting!
and you shouldnt budge into someone elses thread like this.
search

BTW:
THREADS OVER HE ALREADY PUT THE TURBO ON!

SHIFT_*grind*
12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Lean means there is to much air. Rich is too much gas. PSI mean pounds per square inch. If you have less amount of air then you get less lean so yes if you run on lower boost you will kindof even it out BUT what is the point to that your just wasting the green for an S15 turbo and not using it. You could make the same power from the other with more boost. You get it its not worth it.

No.

And don't ask vague questions on a topic that's been beaten to death in someone else's thread. Make your own vague thread for that, so at least it'll be your thread that gets locked and not someone else's.

:D

-rip it up s13-
12-11-2007, 08:23 AM
im running a s15 t28 spec-r, and walburro 255l,stock fuel rail,stock injectors. at 9 p.s.i and its awesome dyno's at 237 whp and 221 t.q .. i have some other mods that helped with the turbo tho like greddy intake manifold,tubular turbo manifold,divorced turbo elbow,

but its been running great for about a year of hard abuse now :)