PDA

View Full Version : windshield wiper motor

prodigys14
12-02-2007, 06:47 AM
seached and found nothing about it.... my car right now is just running one wiper blade from the middle because the driver side wiper assembly kinda rusted off and the hole for it got welded shut by previous owner... well im sick of seeing the wiper in the middle of the windsheild so im wondering how to make the motor reversed so it would wipe backwards? i seen this done b4

g6civcx
12-02-2007, 08:01 AM
seached and found nothing about it.... my car right now is just running one wiper blade from the middle because the driver side wiper assembly kinda rusted off and the hole for it got welded shut by previous owner... well im sick of seeing the wiper in the middle of the windsheild so im wondering how to make the motor reversed so it would wipe backwards? i seen this done b4

You can make a single wiper do a 180* full sweep, but you will have to modify the wiper motor. I don't even know if it's possible on the Nissan.

The easiest solution would be to undo what he did and return to stock.

projectRDM
12-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Battle Club sells a replacement pivot to make a full sweep, I bought one years ago from Heavy Throttle, they got a few in to test the interest, sold out quick. You can find them once in a while on Yahoo Japan auctions too.

prodigys14
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
you know if any US website would sell it?...anyone knows how to put the motor in reverse? i actually did try to go back to 2 wipers but previous ownwer welded it at a diffreent angle

burnsauto
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
you know if any US website would sell it?...anyone knows how to put the motor in reverse? i actually did try to go back to 2 wipers but previous ownwer welded it at a diffreent angle

you may want to call up jeff @ heavy throttle..see if he can still get them. and if he cant..if he knows anyone that can get them. (its a start..ya know..)