PDA

View Full Version : S14 sr20 wiring guru's i need your help

cgtdream
11-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Okay, this part of my swap has gotten the best of me....my deal is, i am trying to wire up a s14sr, into my 95 s14. So far, i have lights, wipers, power to the interior, and dash, all working, yet for some reason my car will not start...it is leading me to think that i must not have something connected in the engine bay to lead to my engine not starting..it wont even crank over, and i do not hear my fuel pump kicking on at all, or any other relays also.

Anywho, is there anyone with experiance with wiring up sr's.....im sorry, but suggestions like, "look at heavy throttles faq" and search, or even call wiring specialties, hasnt produced any answers...

I have the dash wiring (f4 plug) wired up, the connecters from my lower engine harness are all attatched to the engine, along with all the engine harness. There are 3 plugs running into my fuse box, all from my lower harness....right now they are the lower 3 plugs on the fuse box...

I am using a miata battery, and so far, it is giving out enough power to light up my dash, so can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong here?

I have heard of one thing, such as to connect my lower harness to the body (chassis) harness??? is there anything to that?

DoriftoPnoy
11-30-2007, 03:42 AM
double/triple check ALL your grounds. then check all your relays and see if they get any power coming from them. uh... that's all i can say for now. but i've missed one ground and it didnt start for shit either...

g6civcx
11-30-2007, 07:00 AM
S14 SR is considerably more difficult to wire than an S13 SR. You won't find many people with the S14 swap, much less those who can help you.

My advice? Part out your engine and get a blacktop S13 SR.

statik
11-30-2007, 07:28 AM
S14 SR is considerably more difficult to wire than an S13 SR. You won't find many people with the S14 swap, much less those who can help you.

thats your advice? wtf lol

Is the car cranking but not starting? Did you connect the start signal wire to the ecu?

g6civcx
11-30-2007, 07:34 AM
thats your advice? wtf lol

Is the car cranking but not starting? Did you connect the start signal wire to the ecu?

That is my advice.

unicoladron
11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
i'm not saying this is your problem, but batteries can have enough juice to power your interior lights and accessories, but not enough amperate to crank an engine, so don't overlook the fact that it could be your battery.

did you convert from automatic to manual tranny?

or was your car manual previous to the swap?

did you phuck with the lower engine harness?

which wiring guide did you use?

unicoladron
11-30-2007, 07:57 AM
here's a little info to get you started:

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/95_ecu_pinout.htm

this appears to be the KA24 ecu plug, but fuel pump and starter wiring is prob the same color.

ROIDMONKEY
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM

LOL u funny dude . great advice

Captain_Ron80
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
double/triple check ALL your grounds. then check all your relays and see if they get any power coming from them. uh... that's all i can say for now. but i've missed one ground and it didnt start for shit either...

+1 for Grounds. Check them first. One of the easiest things to forget/miss especially if this is your first time putting in an engine... Also if it isn't grounded properly you may have bigger problems because if you did get the engine started... the engine will find a place to ground... I've seen a car fire or two this way. Anyways... Negative battery terminal to chassis, block to chassis, tranny to chassis, and then there are a couple grounds on the harness that will go to either the chassis, head etc. You can never have too many grounds. A grounded engine... is a happy engine :)

Captain Ron

cgtdream
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks.....and no, im sorry but im not parting out my engine.....anywho, today ill go back and recheck all of my gorund wires, and make a few more of my own i guess but im not for sure if the car was previously automatic or not...when i purchased it, it had a manual tranny, but it looked as if someone did a maual transmissions swap, and i dont have any of the original harnesses that came with the car...only ones i had to buy, or get from friends....

Slidin240Wayz
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
it sounds like you did not rewire anything at all.

You can get connected with Carluch in California.

$250 for a turn skay wiring job.

Carlos

g6civcx
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
it sounds like you did not rewire anything at all.

You can get connected with Carluch in California.

$250 for a turn skay wiring job.

Carlos

Do you have their contact info or a link or something?

statik
11-30-2007, 09:48 AM
That is my advice.

I expect better from you, your advice is to part/sell the s14 motor because theres not as much help wiring it? There have been people on zilvia who have posted the complete wiring for s14->s14 and he could pay someone ~300 if he can't get it running himself

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/s14sr20det.html

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/phas2s14s14s.html

edit: ive attached the s14->s14 wiring guide, i did not make this, i know the text is small but its readable

g6civcx
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I expect better from you, your advice is to part/sell the s14 motor because theres not as much help wiring it? There have been people on zilvia who have posted the complete wiring for s14->s14 and he could pay someone ~300 if he can't get it running himself

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/s14sr20det.html

http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/phas2s14s14s.html

edit: ive attached the s14->s14 wiring guide, i did not make this, i know the text is small but its readable

Don't expect too much. I am just giving my opinion like everyone else does in this thread. After working with a lot of SRs, I prefer S13 over S14. My standing recommendation is to stay away from S14/15 SRs unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I don't want to turn this into a S13 vs. S14 debate. That's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. The zenki S14 SR FSM is available in English with complete wiring diagram. If you still can't figure it out then there's no hope.

statik
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I am just giving my opinion like everyone else does in this thread. After working with a lot of SRs, I prefer S13 over S14. My standing recommendation is to stay away from S14/15 SRs unless you know exactly what you're doing.

sure opinions blah blah blah, thats fine, but he was asking for help on wiring, and your help was "remove the engine and replace it with another one" he did not ask for opinions on his choice of engine, your advice was useless to the OP's problem, which as I said was a bit unexpected from you. Example "sell the car and buy something else" see how that was just as helpful as your response?

bloodangels13
11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
i had similar trouble with a s14 sr into a zenki s14 once it turned out i miss read some of the wiring and neglected to wire in the ignition relay by the ecu.... check all the wiring down there and check that the motor is gettin spark and fuel.... if no spark it might be that relay...

g6civcx
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
sure opinions blah blah blah, thats fine, but he was asking for help on wiring, and your help was "remove the engine and replace it with another one" he did not ask for opinions on his choice of engine, your advice was useless to the OP's problem, which as I said was a bit unexpected from you. Example "sell the car and buy something else" see how that was just as helpful as your response?

Give it a rest. The OP doesn't care so why should you? He already said he doesn't want to swap out and I left it at that. Don't like the free advice? You get what you pay for. Any and all advice, including selling the car, is appropriate and has been prescribed in the past by reputable members to inexperienced members.

I'll give you the last word.

cgtdream
12-01-2007, 02:05 PM
well, i appreciate the advice and all, but i wish i could just send my harness off...unfortunatly im leaving the country in a week, so finishing this up rest on my shoulders...

anywho, like i said, i will def recheck all of the grounds, as that seems like a probable cause.....and so far, the rest of the wiring has been easy...like i said in another thread, if i start the car, im posting up what exactly needs to be re-wired to get a 95-95sr swap working....thanks though evereone ^_^