PDA

View Full Version : Paint help

issac
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a two tone bluish silver/grey coupe pignose. Has anyone here ever tried to paint match their side skirts and front lip with a rattlecan? I am assuming that all the greys on the 89-94 240's are the same. If so can you provide info on what you used. I am on a short budget and would like to take the most inexpensive approach on how to color match or come somewhat close to the stock grey with a rattlecan.:-/

LloydXmas
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
even if the paint code to a car is the same there are several alternates per formula, and silvers are very difficult to match much less trying to get close with spray paint. It just won't happen best bet is to paint them or live with w/e you can get halfway close to matching on it.

issac
11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to match the metallic grey part. Or maybe I might have to repaint the whole bottom part of the car in order to pull this off?

LloydXmas
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
metallic grey is in the silver family, so it will suck to match. Plus if ever wish to really paint them then that stuff will have to be removed or it will lift when painted with real automotive paint.

koukimonster139
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
wtf
theres no such thing as metallic grey
metallic grey is silver

the ONLY thing to change shades of a silver color is to change the amount of metallic in it.

the best way to do this is going to be masking off the entire bottom portion and changing the entire color completely

issac
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks gentlemen looks like i will be repainting.

issac
11-28-2007, 07:17 PM
How can i get more red dots by my rep power? RED is cool. Red is the color of the red circle in the japanese flag. This must mean that the more I collect the more jdmie I am.