PDA

View Full Version : Origin Lab CF/FRP rear seat covers

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi, ive been thinking about buying these but would like to know a bit more about them first. I tried finding Origin Lab's website but didnt come up with much at all.

Anyways, i was just wondering if anybody here has purchased these or knows anybody with them in their car? If so post some pics of them installed, that would be great. Id like to see them in a car to see how the final product would look. Intense power seems to be the only place that sells them and only has one lame picture that doesnt show too much. So as i said, im looking for some feedback on these. Are they practical, worth the money, and can you even sit on them? Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks

Heres the link to them on Intense Power's website.
http://www.intensepower.com/orlabresecos.html

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff288/garettzimmer/originlabrearsetas.jpg

bigOdom1
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
1: people ride in the backseat of your 240?
2: would you chance someone sitting on carbon seat covers that are as expensive as these?
3: with a stripped interior why are you trying to dress up the backseat?

LongGrain
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
no, these are not meant to be sat on....

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
1. No people dont ride in the back of my 240 but it seems like a cool idea though instead of buying all the seats and trim.
2. Just asking, ya never know.....
3. It looks alot better when a cop pulls you over and see's that instead of your stripped rear end.

azndoc
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
those are a lot of money for just looks.

looks cool but seems like there's better shit to spend money on.

unless your baller then who cares.

firelizard
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Those are for ballers, they serve no purpose.

If you are a baller, get it. If you're not spend your money elsewhere.

That's pretty much that product in a nutshell

fromxtor
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
what? You couldn't find www.origin-lab.com ?

KiDyNomiTe
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Actually you can sit on them.... Well the way they are mounted you would just be sitting on metal, but it would be really uncomfortable.

I kinda like them though, if I could get them in my car I would buy them, it makes the rear look cleaner than just putting up a flat blockoff plate.

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Yea, i figured that much and i agree theres definatly alot better stuff to be bought for that price. The reason im curious is that i plan to enter my car in some shows this year. It seems easier to buy that then to fabricate something clean enough for shows. Ive put in some track time, id like to try the show scene also now. Dont worry, it wont be all show and no go though!

More or less i was looking for some pics from people that have it installed in their car or feedback from people with the covers. Although it seems not too many people have this in the car.

Either way, lets keep this thread going. Whats YOUR opinion?

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
what? You couldn't find www.origin-lab.com (http://www.origin-lab.com) ?

My bad!!!
I searched google for Origin Lab and must have overlooked it. I found Origin Labs blog, so i figured it was under a differint name or something, Idunno just got off a 10 hour shift, Im tired

Roc
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
1: people ride in the backseat of your 240?
2: would you chance someone sitting on carbon seat covers that are as expensive as these?
3: with a stripped interior why are you trying to dress up the backseat?
tooke the words right out of my mouth....

Creizai
11-27-2007, 06:42 PM
1. No people dont ride in the back of my 240 but it seems like a cool idea though instead of buying all the seats and trim.
2. Just asking, ya never know.....
3. It looks alot better when a cop pulls you over and see's that instead of your stripped rear end.
Its not real CF in the sense that it will hold you up if you sit on it. Its just the basic Import CF parts. Fiberglass with 1 layer of carbon to make it look pretty.

koukimonster139
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
those are gay

gay as hell

ricey gay

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Yea it would definatly be for the aesthetic value, i didnt plan on having people sit on them either way, i was just curious.

And thanks to the people that actually had some useful feedback about them.

G'z_Silvia
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
those are gay

gay as hell

ricey gay

Thanks for that great insight!

Oh BTW,

Your pirate avatar is Gay

Gay as hell

Piraty Gay

To each their Own - If you dont like the next guys car, modification, style dont look at it. Simple as that.

smokey240sx
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Piraty Gay

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................

zavala
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
can't say i really like them but i would like something to go over where the rear seat is in my S13. i hate the backseat cause it's useless but i hate having a stripped interior cause it just looks trashy.

ripnbst
11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................

HAHA, thank you, I just got my daily dose of laughter. +1 for you sir.

koukimonster139
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
To each their Own - If you dont like the next guys car, modification, style dont look at it. Simple as that.

If i dont like it I'm gonna go ahead and let you know.

try and stop me bwahahahaaa

bigOdom1
11-27-2007, 10:21 PM
oooh sick burn

Rayne
11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Those are for ballers, they serve no purpose.

If you are a baller, get it. If you're not spend your money elsewhere.

That's pretty much that product in a nutshell

Those would actually serve some purpose. The biggest would be noise reduction or helps keep the air circulation inside the passenger cabin.

GabeS14
11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I have seen them installed and they look good!
if you drive a completely stock 240 and has no paint, and is ugly as hell you shouldn't be talking shit in this thread!
cuz of course it wouldnt make sense to install in your POS!

(not directed to anyone specific, cuz i dont know what car you guys drive)

IIIXziuR
11-28-2007, 06:42 AM
They do look cool but as stated you could use that money on something else.
It would clean up the rear but then again you could just leave the rear seats in, its not like they weight 200lbs.

IMO if you have the paper, sure why not

h22speed
11-28-2007, 07:05 AM
these seats/covers look just like some ones ive seen before.... oh yeah now i remember!!! they look just like the ones that are in the back of F'ING POLICE CRUSERS AND THE ONLY TIME YOU SIT ON THEM IS WHEN YOUR GOING TO JAIL!

jail might be a good idea for you sir since you are trying to make a 240 look like a civic...

projectRDM
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks for that great insight!

Oh BTW,

Your pirate avatar is Gay

Gay as hell

Piraty Gay

You asked for our opinions, you got it. If you don't like the opinions you got, don't ask next time. And certainly don't come back and cry about it, you look like a fucking 8yr old girl who just got rejected for the spring dance.

ayuaddict
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
these seats/covers look just like some ones ive seen before.... oh yeah now i remember!!! they look just like the ones that are in the back of F'ING POLICE CRUSERS AND THE ONLY TIME YOU SIT ON THEM IS WHEN YOUR GOING TO JAIL!

jail might be a good idea for you sir since you are trying to make a 240 look like a civic...

haha my cressida had cop car back seats.

G'z_Silvia
11-28-2007, 04:09 PM
haha you guys suck.

specialk2003
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
If you want another site to look at, go to www.raceonusa.com

I've seen them there. Not sure if they have any more pictures or not.

gprb25
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Looks pretty dope IMO....

But it also looks like another piece to rattle or clunk in my car!HAHA

Siberian Husky
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have anymore information regarding this product or similar products? I stripped my interior, dont want rear seats, but want to keep it looking clean. Is this my only option?

anton1o
09-13-2010, 05:10 AM
I dont mind them, but i dont see the point in completely stripping an entior then adding more to it.. If your trying to hide the back from possible police wouldnt it be cheaper/easier to just get a sheet of black cloth or just spray it all black..

GabeS14
09-13-2010, 10:32 AM
I dont mind them, but i dont see the point in completely stripping an entior then adding more to it.. If your trying to hide the back from possible police wouldnt it be cheaper/easier to just get a sheet of black cloth or just spray it all black..
Well stripping an interior has nothing to do with looks, has to do with weight reduction, adig these sea covers is simply a looks thing!
Two totally separate things.
Going the cheap cloth way as you suggested would make sense if you were worried about saving money which the op obviously isn't.
By the way isn't this thread super
Old? I believe by now he probably already made up his mind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siberian Husky
09-13-2010, 12:58 PM
yeah sorry i bumped this myself from its 3 years of sleep. i was just curious to see if any similar products have come about since then. i guess not. i actually wanted to get this to put my dog back there. hes 60 lbs and is cramped with the rear seats, but this smooth surface is good for his feet and comfy to lay on. kinda smooths it out back there without taking up space.

MitchellBade
09-13-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah sorry i bumped this myself from its 3 years of sleep. i was just curious to see if any similar products have come about since then. i guess not. i actually wanted to get this to put my dog back there. hes 60 lbs and is cramped with the rear seats, but this smooth surface is good for his feet and comfy to lay on. kinda smooths it out back there without taking up space.

Really? I'm sure he'd prefer the rear seat instead of laying on this hard carbon fiber piece. That's like taking away your mattress and laying on a carbon fiber slab. You'd prefer that too? Plus, your dog would just scratch this piece up. How is that a good buy for you?

apex
09-14-2010, 01:27 AM
just buy an suv or bigger car why waste money on that and comfy
dogs really going to like layin on carbon fiber and sliding in to the
back of ur seat every time u gas and brake but who cares its carbon fiber and looks good right :-/

Siberian Husky
09-14-2010, 03:22 AM
tried with the rear seats, hes just too cramped and then gets all up in my face when i drive. i think what im going to do is fab the rear seats. keep the bottom piece only, shave off some foam, and reupholster with a very thick material, like a canvas.