PDA

View Full Version : more stupid HID questions even after searching!!!

twastheglow
11-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok...please go easy. I have actually searched a couple different forums and read through all the relevant posts and I'm confused on the information I'm getting.

My question is...I have S13 triple projector headlights and I'm looking to buy a4300K HID kit for the low beams only. My question is, what size bulbs do I need? On one post it says that the low beams are H1, high beams are H3 and fogs are H3C. I know the fogs are H3C because I just had to replace one and had a hard time finding one.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=125112 <----- On that thread it talkes about using H3 or using H4 wiring with H3 bulbs.

All I want to know (from someone who has the headlights I have) is what bulb kit they bought to make it work correctly.

Again, sorry this sounds like such a stupid question. It just seems the more I look, the more conflicting information I find. I also apologize for bringing this up yet again but I just can't find a simple concise answer. Thank you for your help.
*mike*

!Zar!
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=38783

twastheglow
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
^ I've read that post. That's my point. If the low beams are an H1 bulb type, then why are people in the thread I mentioned that I linked to only talk about H3's? This is where I find this confusing.
*mike*

twastheglow
11-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Someone must have read this who has HID's in their triple projector headlights.

One post says that the low beams are H1 and other posts say use an H3. Which is correct?
*mike*

95KA-Turbo
11-27-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't own the headlights so I can't say for sure, but you can go to any auto parts store and buy some cheap headlights, spend like 14 dollars on one H1 and one H3 and see which one works, if you get lucky and guess the right one first you can return the other one, then you know what bulb to use, AND you get to post a definitive answer on here.

slidingsky
11-27-2007, 06:59 AM
That chart is correct. That Year old thread you are refering to says to use "X" bulb size with H4 wiring so it plugs right into your existing harness.

slidingsky
11-27-2007, 07:00 AM
IMO H1's suck H3/3c's aren't that great either.

twastheglow
11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
^ What would you recommend then?
*mike*

twastheglow
11-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Also...I've bought bulbs for my low beams since I've owned the headlights. They are indeed H1's. I guess my question is why are people being told to buy H3 bulbs? I just wanted to know if there's a reason...ie...the fit better (if at all), they're brighter, etc.
*mike*

jackjack
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
^ I've read that post. That's my point. If the low beams are an H1 bulb type, then why are people in the thread I mentioned that I linked to only talk about H3's? This is where I find this confusing.
*mike*

you pretty much answered the question yourself. dont worry about the h3 talk. from what i remember (when we installed triple projectors on my friends car) what you wrote in your first post is correct. h1 should be what you're looking for.

koukimonster139
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
i thought it said what it was like right on the fucking housing?

spirit
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I have h1 hids in mine (even with rhd shields, i've checked, mine doesn't blind with my aiming)

I got 6k color temp, they are bright, but no brighter than a bran new car with halogens. My main reason for going hid was that my 85watt halogens kept burning out after one month. If you want real good headlights look into the TSX mod.