PDA

View Full Version : z32 ebrake problem - i searched

jsuh s14
11-21-2007, 10:52 AM
anyways, i recently did a complete z32 brake swap, including the ebrake as well. at first, there was a little play on the ebrake handle and when i yanked it hard, only the right side would lock up. also, i would have some wheel hop. i fixed the slack problem with putting a spacer onto the beginning of the ebrake cable at the bottom of the handle. so now, the handle is snug tight and feels awesome when you yank it, but now, still, only the right side locks up, and i still have the wheel hop problem

thanks for the help in advance.

UNISA JECS
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
anyways, i recently did a complete z32 brake swap, including the ebrake as well. at first, there was a little play on the ebrake handle and when i yanked it hard, only the right side would lock up. also, i would have some wheel hop. i fixed the slack problem with putting a spacer onto the beginning of the ebrake cable at the bottom of the handle. so now, the handle is snug tight and feels awesome when you yank it, but now, still, only the right side locks up, and i still have the wheel hop problem

thanks for the help in advance.

First get yourself a FSM or haynes and learn how to set the ebrake up initially your gonna have to do some adjustment to the ebrake assembly at the "adjuster thingy" to do this correctly, not at the ebrake handle, that part comes last.

jsuh s14
11-21-2007, 11:21 AM
i know, ive already addjusted the little knob on the ebrake assembly multiple times.

94_240sx
11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
You can fine tune it by turning this adjuster. You can use flat head screw driver through the hole on backing plate.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/sxj6151/NICO/adjuster.jpg

jsuh s14
11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
You can fine tune it by turning this adjuster.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/sxj6151/NICO/adjuster.jpg

yea i know, ive been using that adjuster, but its still not locking. are the r33 cables differnet lenghts?

94_240sx
11-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Both sides are same length IIRC.
Bracket mounting points are same?

unicoladron
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
i had a similar problem on a non-nissan car.

yank the e-brake, go under the car and see if the e-brake cable on the wheel that isn't locked up is taught. this troubleshooting procedure helped me determine my real problem.