PDA

View Full Version : ThunderDrift AM-AM COMP

ConePirate
11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
okay dudes, the moment you've all been waiting for.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/ConePirate/COMPFLYER800x615.jpg

This is how the competition course-layout willl look.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/ConePirate/DRIFTCOURSE.jpg

Here's the bloody details.

DECEMBER 21ST AND 22ND 2007

December 21st will be 2 events:

$100 entry = SKID-PAD DRIFT, North Paddock

$200 entry = FULL-TRACK DRIFT, No Grip! (if you drive straight, you die... hot lava)

December 22nd will also be 2 events:

$100 entry = SKID-PAD DRIFT, North Paddock

$130 entry = AMATEUR DRIFT-COMP TO END ALL AMATEUR DRIFT-COMPS

We'll have your favorite pro-drifters as judges... and all the sideways, tire-screeching, engine-revving, hardcore action you can possibly take in over 2 days.

The Deal:

Pre-Registration is a must. similarly to regular thunderdrift days, there will be a non-refundable 40% pre-reg fee for each event. This means for each skid-pad day the pre-reg price will be $40 ($41.60 paypal), Open Drift will be $80 (or $83.10 paypal), Comp will be $50 (or $51.90 paypal), and if you want to do open-drift on friday and compete on saturday the pre-reg will be $130 (or 134.07 paypal).

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS... Ask'em here, Email me at [email protected], or CALL ME! (530) 559-2554

-Geoff

Blackparade
11-16-2007, 12:05 AM
someone donate a trailer and ill go!

YUNG DRIF
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
So is there money involved if you win

ReLevent1
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
*bump* for all those in norcal

sijia10358
11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
i would definitely go to the amateur comp if i was in norcal!! =(

Irukandji
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
woo hoo. Finally something more fun in norcal. I'm there

ConePirate
11-20-2007, 04:06 PM
No! No money involved! hahaha. well maybe... still haven't gotten the prizes lined up. But I can tell you one thing for sure.

Winner will get a trophy that says "best drifter in the world"

probably free set of tires.

lots of other goodies... TBA!

ConePirate
11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
bbbbump? anyone on Zilvia drift? :P

ConePirate
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaa

ConePirate
12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey Everyone. Here's the nitty gritty on the event.

Car Requirements, Driver Requirements, and other stuff you’ll need.

- Licensed Drivers 16 years or older can attend (under 18 requires a minors release form)

- Vehicle must pass tech inspection (TECH SHEET -->http://www.thunderhillhpds.com/downloads/T..._Inspection.pdf (http://www.thunderhillhpds.com/downloads/Techical_Inspection.pdf))

- Helmet must be Snell SA or M certified (rentals available for $35 per-day)

- Drivers must not wear open toe'd shoes, shorts, or sleeveless shirts

- All open-top cars must be equipped with a "roll bar" that is above the drivers and passengers head.
Vehicles with factory rollover systems ARE allowed.

Insurance:

Damage of any kind to your car is not covered by any insurance here at the track.
It is between you and your insurance company.
Track Insurance is liability only, typical of racetrack and racing event insurance.

When you arrive:

- Complete the registration process.

- Complete the safety review of your car.

- Secure your gear in your pit area.

- Be at the 9:00 a.m. mandatory drivers meeting on time.

Important Information:

- The gas pumps will be open all day, You can serve yourself using credit or debit cards. Please do not run out of gas on the track! All profits from gas sales go to support the track.

- Rental helmets are available for $35.00 at the track.

- On most days, the Thunderhill Grill and Mini-Mart will be open to provide you with excellent food, sweet Thunderhill Merch, and drinks/ice-cream a-plenty.

Rules and Regulations Specific to the N.C.I.A.D.C.W

- Rule #1 Have fun and be safe.

- Rule #2 There are absolutely no refunds for ANYTHING. Under ANY circumstances.

- Rule #3 The event chairman reserves the right to interpret the rules and/or pass judgements at ANY time and for ANY reason he deems neccesary.

- Rule #4 Drivers and Spectators must follow all track rules, and treat the facility and it's representatives with respect and courtesy. Any person(s) behaving in an unsafe manner will be removed from the premises.

- Anyone who fails to have their car teched, or misses the drivers meeting will not be allowed to run.

- Paddock Speed limit is 10MPH NO EXCEPTIONS! Bicycles, Motorcycles, and scooters are allowed. Skateboards are not allowed.

- Drivers will be issued wristbands which identify them to their respective events (drift-comp/full-track/skid-pad). At all track entrances, wristbands will be checked by TD officials.

- While on-track drivers must obey all corner worker signals and directions.

- Under NO circumstances shall drivers leave their cars while on track, unless the vehicle is on fire.

- Only registered drivers are allowed to ride as passengers.

- Passengers must keep all extremeties inside the vehicle at all times.

- Handheld cameras are NOT allowed indside cars on track.

- Entry fee for full track event will be $200 (non refundable pre-registration of $80 + paypal fees required).

- Spectators (EVERYONE WHO ISN'T DRIVING) will be $15 at the gate. Spectators are NOT allowed on course.

- To enter the course infield on foot for photography, you must obtain a special pass from the Event Chairman.

Competition Rules:

- Competitors will be broken into 3 groups. Each group will get 6 practice runs, and 3 judged competition runs.

- Judged competition runs will be based on a 100 point scale

- In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker run will be completed by

- Participants are allowed to compete in any vehicles they choose to, as long as they have passed the tech inspection. If a competitors car breaks during the event, they are allowed to complete the event using a different vehicle.

- Drivers violating any event/facility rules (especially drifting anywhere but the designated surface) will be automatically disqualified.

- Cars must display a number and an official ThunderDrift windshield decal. Decals will be available at registration. (you will have to pay for these decals, but the cost will be nominal)

M4Rl0N
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
all i neeed to do is come up with the money and im down...

ConePirate
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM
get crackin! or... sell crack.

haha

SILEIGHTY_DET
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah , i was thinking of selling crack . you know the friendly kind of neighborhood crack dealer . not the mean , angry kind .

hey guys ... whats up . want some crack :)

Scott

mrbells
12-05-2007, 06:53 PM
so if i get my motor put in ill be there

but i got my license suspended, i can still drive right?

ConePirate
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
NOOOOO! gotta have a valid license to drive. sorry brosephine.

SCOTT! wtf man? haven't seen you in DAYYYS. come to the comp. rock it. drift drift

kamikazekid
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
haha! i made the poster, so i gotta do the comp.:2f2f:

Okinawandrifter87
12-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Im there! And so is John! And maybe some others! Darius you in?

black240sxhatch
12-06-2007, 01:17 PM
nawww...
i aint doin this event...
go drift.....fulll track is funnnn

-Darius

YUNG DRIF
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Darius you driving a black hatch now bro and moved to Oakland .. thats tight Lol

mestizo
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
woot I can't wait for the 21st! We'll see how my stock KA does on the track!

Irukandji
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
woot I can't wait for the 21st! We'll see how my stock KA does on the track!

It'll be fine, majority of the people there will have stock KA's

this is norcal

SILEIGHTY_DET
12-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Geoff ,

sorry for the extended absense . i waded up my beautiful car , and until i get back from jap land and get the new shell together , i cant afford to go to the track . hopefully by march i will be back , rockin it HARD . i will try to make it up for the comp on the 21st . if not , hit me up if your in town well get a beer or ten .

Scott

Okinawandrifter87
12-07-2007, 10:24 AM
nawww...
i aint doin this event...
go drift.....fulll track is funnnn

-Darius

Yeah, you drive a black hatch now? And you moved to oakland?? Whats up with this bro???? :confused:

Irukandji
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
for crying out loud, he's on someone else's name. I thought you guys were being sarcastic

Okinawandrifter87
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I am being sarcastic lol I already know his screen name lol idk about the other guy.. maybe he was? idk lol.. haha

ConePirate
12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
OKEY DOKEY! BIG NEWS FELLAS.

News Item #1:

The tire shop WILL be open on friday and saturday.

Pricing will go like this:

$10 dismount

$10 mount

$5 balance

$5 disposal

so for those of you who ain't too keen on the ol' addition, that's $30 for dismount/mount/balance/dispose. I know many of you won't need balance, so knock off $5. and if you take your scrap meats home with you, you can get away from the tire shop for only $20 per tire.

Who loves you? G-Hoff loves you.

Also, they're not planning to bring a stock of new tires to sell (the shop's pretty much full of racing slicks because it's a race-tire shop). I think they may bring some old used ones, but don't count on it. BRING YOUR OWN SNEAKERS, we'll mount them.

okay News item #2

REGISTRATION LEVELS ARE SEVERELY LOW! if we don't get more registrations, I'm going to have to start cutting things out. starting with the skidpad events. here's what I have now.

Friday Skidpad = 1/30

Friday Open Track = 4/60

Saturday skidpad = 0/30

Saturday Competition = 4/60

I HAVE 12 MORE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ASKED TO PRE-PAY, BUT HAVE NOT DONE SO YET. PEOPLE!!! PEOPLE!!! REGISTER NOW!!!

at this point, if I don't get more entries, I'll be ditching one of the skidpad days.

HIT ME UP FOLKS!

<3 mmmuah!

mrbells
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Can we camp there on friday night?

SILEIGHTY_DET
12-11-2007, 09:19 PM
ill bring my new shifter kart and drift that .hella fast , no angle though . im bummed that my car is destroyed , this would be such a fun event :-( .

mestizo
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Cmon people and pre reg for the event... I am pre reg'ed for Saturday open track. I can't wait!

uthemofo
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Can We Camp Out AT The Track???

edit: at the track*

khmerguy618
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
someone donate a trailer and ill go!

man and up and drive up here.

Can We Camp Out AT The Track???

edit: at the track*

lol u guys are aware that it was 40 degree's in san jose all through out the day today...

imagine what its gonna be like up there at night. I'm not spooning w/ any of you fckers if i go up.

:loco: :loco:

ConePirate
12-14-2007, 02:55 AM
To the 2 guys asking about camping

YES! gotta be on your best behavior though.

SCOTT! wtf happened to your car? you have a link to pics?

mrbells
12-15-2007, 10:14 PM
serei you know you want to cuddle with us there!!!

blackcoupe
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Event comin up real soon. SIGN UP SOON!!

ZOMG_S14
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
geoffy i sent you an email! i want in mang
oh email is skater4145

ConePirate
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
OKAY EVERYONE! HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

There's lots of room left, so just come up.

gates will open at 7:00AM each day

drivers meeting will be at 8:30AM EACH DAY!!! IF YOU MISS THE DRIVERS MEETING, YOU WILL NOT!!!!! BE ALLOWED ON TRACK! I MEAN IT!

looking forward to a great time... we've got good weather in the forecast... so be ready for awesomeness!!!!!

ripnbst
12-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Post pics when its over.

gripracer
12-19-2007, 11:35 PM
any idea of a schedule for next year?

Also would anyone be willing to rent a seat out for a skid pad type event.

As my name indicates i road race, with NASA in honda challenge. Check out www.westcoasthc.com

But drifting just looks like fun, a friend of mine from socal got me addicted, but i just want to try it out. If some one is interested in working something out with me, send me a pm. With you email address and i am sure we can work sometihng out.

thanks

Jimmy

Sideways~S14
12-22-2007, 08:21 PM
OKAY EVERYONE! HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

There's lots of room left, so just come up.

gates will open at 7:00AM each day

drivers meeting will be at 8:30AM EACH DAY!!! IF YOU MISS THE DRIVERS MEETING, YOU WILL NOT!!!!! BE ALLOWED ON TRACK! I MEAN IT!

looking forward to a great time... we've got good weather in the forecast... so be ready for awesomeness!!!!!And Awsomeness it was

Gumballf355
12-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Fucking Geoff... I hate you. I really need to get on my game and stop missing all this playtime.

mestizo
12-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Man this was a great time! I can't wait to full track it again, thaks Geoff! Except next time can it be on a saturday and not right before xmas

blackcoupe
12-22-2007, 11:18 PM
oh muh drifts. the event was sexy as hell.

ZOMG_S14
12-23-2007, 04:13 AM
full track was stupidly fun. geoff you need to throw another full track event.
soooooooooooo much seat time

CleanS14
12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Who won where are the pics and all that???

darius_tii
12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
jared with the s2000 won
idk about pics and all
but yea
awsome event and whatnot
im just glad i finally got my car to go around the track