PDA

View Full Version : Engine Flooded?? Im soo confused

Okinawandrifter87
11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
I tried searching under fuel flood, engine flood, fuel, etc and could not find anything at all!

Sooo last night me and some friends got my sr running in my hatchback. I made the stupid mistake of not driving it around for 15-20 mins before I took it back home. So I started to drive the car home with my friends following me and everything seemed to be going fine, ran perfect and strong. About 10 mins away from the house my car started to smell like something was burning. I wasnt sure what was burning just cause im not that mechanically inclined but Im learning. So at the light the car just dies. And there is smoke coming from the passenger side of the dash. So me and my friends push the car to the side and I pop the hood. I was surprised there was no smoke which only meant something with the ecu!:-/ My friend grabbed the ecu and it was burning hot he said. He looked closer and one of the wires to the ecu melted. I couldnt really see cause it was late last night, so who knows maybe a couple more melted. So I go to look in the engine bay to see if anything else is wrong when thru the corner of my eye I see something shooting out liquid from a tube. I look closer to see fuel coming out of a vacuum line! :confused: My friends towed it back to their place and I went home to sleep. They said last night they took off the intake tube off the throttle body and its completely full of fuel, and that the throttle plate is under water/ fuel? Its like the fuel built up in the intake manifold and overflowed into the vacuum line.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas or suggestions? This may be a simple problem that was made by a simple mistake or it may have just happened over time on its own, maybe it isnt at all.. I dont know, but please someone guide in the right direction if you know what to do or have experienced this. Thanks again everyone for your contribution and please no flaming here.

statik
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM
You shorted out the ECU, which is why it fried, your harness is probably fucked up, or it grounded out somewhere but since you had the car for 10 minutes ill guess the harness is fucked. Fuel in the vacuum lines? Fuel goes into the rail, into your injectors/motor and out the FPR back into the tank, there is no way to flood your intake manifold/vacuum lines with fuel unless they hooked something up wrong. Take lots of pictures of your engine bay, fuel lines/routing, vacuum lines and routing etc. I would also have the harness looked over by someone.

Edit: maybe a broken diaphragm in the FPR could leak fuel into the vacuum lines, i've never seen that happen, but its possible i suppose, check the vacuum line at the FPR for signs of fuel or something

hstylez
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
You shorted out the ECU, which is why it fried, your harness is probably fucked up, or it grounded out somewhere but since you had the car for 10 minutes ill guess the harness is fucked. Fuel in the vacuum lines? Fuel goes into the rail, into your injectors/motor and out the FPR back into the tank, there is no way to flood your intake manifold/vacuum lines with fuel unless they hooked something up wrong. Take lots of pictures of your engine bay, fuel lines/routing, vacuum lines and routing etc. I would also have the harness looked over by someone.

Edit: maybe a broken diaphragm in the FPR could leak fuel into the vacuum lines, i've never seen that happen, but its possible i suppose, check the vacuum line at the FPR for signs of fuel or something

+1 for wiring. Double check all your wiring and heat shrink soldered wires...

Okinawandrifter87
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Any idea about the fuel thing though? i mean was it possibly just lines hooked up wrong? Cause i mean I know that is possible but im trying to see all the other possibilities that could be possible besides lines hooked up wrong for the fuel problem. Thanks again! +1 for anyone who actually contributes useful information and not just post whoring!

DALAZ_68
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Any idea about the fuel thing though? i mean was it possibly just lines hooked up wrong? Cause i mean I know that is possible but im trying to see all the other possibilities that could be possible besides lines hooked up wrong for the fuel problem. Thanks again! +1 for anyone who actually contributes useful information and not just post whoring!

wow thats pretty odd...and u said ur car was running, no wierd shit like sputter or bad idle!??!

as far as the fuel thing, maybe the return line might be split to another line thats suppose to be vacumm...maybe...i mean hell ive seen fuel lines installed backwards

as far as wiring goes...seeing as u said wires melted ur deff gonna need another harness and ecu...why risk it happening again with exposed wiring GL man

Okinawandrifter87
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
wow thats pretty odd...and u said ur car was running, no wierd shit like sputter or bad idle!??!

as far as the fuel thing, maybe the return line might be split to another line thats suppose to be vacumm...maybe...i mean hell ive seen fuel lines installed backwards

as far as wiring goes...seeing as u said wires melted ur deff gonna need another harness and ecu...why risk it happening again with exposed wiring GL man

I know right??? Thats why I was soo pissed last night cause it was running strong and no problems. I didnt have bog or lag at all. My turbo was working just fine. No sputtering or bad idle at all.

I really dont get it after driving for a little with no problems at all then all of a sudden dead!! ugh :confused: thanks for the help guys and keep it coming!!

Sileighty_85
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Bad Fuel Injector O-Rings

Okinawandrifter87
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Bad Fuel Injector O-Rings

care to explain to me please? like how you came up with this or what not? thank you!

DALAZ_68
11-15-2007, 05:02 PM
care to explain to me please? like how you came up with this or what not? thank you!

probly like a trickle situation...

in other words bad O-rings = fuel leak = trickling down to TB and causing flood...

my off the wall guess would be this...

when ur ecu fried, it kept telling ur fuel pump to keep pumping and kept ur injectors spraying... till the point that A it wet the plugs with enough fuel to cause no spark...no spark , fuel build up...over flow to ur TB...

off the wall aguess but could happen i think...

what would u say was the point that u smelled burning and to the point the car actually died...