PDA

View Full Version : annoying squeaky steering wheel syndrome?

S13Leprechaun
11-13-2007, 12:37 AM
okay, i have the most annoying steering wheel squeak going on lately.... so about 2 months ago, i swapped my stock steering wheel with a s13 silvia steering wheel... then about 2 weeks ago, its starts squeaking and shit outta nowhere... like annoying... i find myself punching the wheels sometimes it buggs!!! so the other day i tried to just lube it with a wd-40 pen and that didnt work.. but i didnt take the wheel off to do so i just did when i get pissed at it and pulled over... can i lube this? where if so? or am i missing a piece from the stock one or something? thanks.

cdlong
11-13-2007, 01:16 AM
i think you should work on the anger issues first, but anyways...

i put an S15 wheel on my S14 and had a similar problem. it was plastic rubbing on plastic. take the wheel off again and check the spiral cable and the alignment pins and make sure nothing is tweaked out of position. you may have to dremel some plastic out of the way to get everything to line up right.

if you can't fix it, just lather some petroleum jelly or some thick grease in there to stop the squeaking.

S13Leprechaun
11-13-2007, 01:18 AM
ok cool.... and the anger was kinda a joke... lol.. but it would be irritating sometimes.. thanks man.. +1 for u!