PDA

View Full Version : Saggy bumper? 180sx bumper retainer is what you need!

crazyikimasho
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Q: Ever wonder why you see OEM kouki 180sx front bumpers sagging?

A: The bumper retainer on late model kouki 180sx are actually different than previous models. If you look closely the kouki front bumper is actually a little longer on the front.

Also many aftermarket front bumpers are modeled after the kouki front bumper and designed to fit the similarly. This is part of the reason why people have fitment issues with aftermarket bumper. It's definitely not the only reason, but its part of the reason.

Will this fix all your fitment issues? No. There are variations in bumpers, aftermarket fenders, and previous fender benders that can create fitment problems. This should help make things easier and reduce the need for custom bracketry.

http://photos.thenismoshop.com/180sxbumperretainer

$60.00 + tax/shipping (whichever applies)
Click here to order! (http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=1222&product_id=12698)

King 240
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
You wouldn't by chance have a picture of this as to where it goes from the FSM do you?

tacotacotaco
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Is the sagging part the part up near the top of the radiator core support?

crazyikimasho
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
You wouldn't by chance have a picture of this as to where it goes from the FSM do you?

http://photos.thenismoshop.com/bumperdiagram

Is the sagging part the part up near the top of the radiator core support?

yes. exactly, the pic should help some I hope.

dorkidori_s13
11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
lol...oh hell...wish i woulda known about that a while ago...i just used my chuki bumper skeleton on my kouki bumper...took a little cutting here and there to make it fit

but this woulda been GREAT had i known about it =(

you cant by chance get the inserts that go between the fender skirts and front bumper can you??? the chuki ones dont work and ive never seen any websites offering those peices

JeremyR
11-12-2007, 09:50 PM
whattttt if i dont have a front bumper support?? does this bolt onto the radiator support?? my bumper is attached to my fenders with zipties, and its bolted onto the stop with those 4 bolt holes. it looks like this jsut may bolt onto those stock brackets that the bumper attaches to, is this correct??

crazyikimasho
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
lol...oh hell...wish i woulda known about that a while ago...i just used my chuki bumper skeleton on my kouki bumper...took a little cutting here and there to make it fit

but this woulda been GREAT had i known about it =(

you cant by chance get the inserts that go between the fender skirts and front bumper can you??? the chuki ones dont work and ive never seen any websites offering those peices

The kouki 180sx bumper extensions?
in stock ready to ship (http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=1222&product_id=362)

whattttt if i dont have a front bumper support?? does this bolt onto the radiator support?? my bumper is attached to my fenders with zipties, and its bolted onto the stop with those 4 bolt holes. it looks like this jsut may bolt onto those stock brackets that the bumper attaches to, is this correct??

If you look at where your original retainer bolted up, there are 4 bolts there on top of the headlight supports. Thats where it goes.

dorkidori_s13
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
i just need the bumper extension brackets that go on the insides to link the bumper to the extensions...right now ive just got em held to the bumper itself on the inside with zipties in the holes

edit: just to confirm (i just popped on by your site)...the brackets i need are the BUMPER EXTENSION BRACKETS: $35 for left and right?

crazyikimasho
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
i just need the bumper extension brackets that go on the insides to link the bumper to the extensions...right now ive just got em held to the bumper itself on the inside with zipties in the holes

edit: just to confirm (i just popped on by your site)...the brackets i need are the BUMPER EXTENSION BRACKETS: $35 for left and right?

Thats it. They are sold individually though not in pairs.

turbocarslut
11-22-2007, 11:27 PM
http://photos.thenismoshop.com/bumperdiagram

yes. exactly, the pic should help some I hope.

Hey are these parts interchangeable with the ones from my 89 USDM pignose bumper?

62244M
62244N
and

If not how much can you get these for?

crazyikimasho
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
If you need parts for your pignose bumpers they are different parts, but I can get what you need

turbocarslut
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
If you need parts for your pignose bumpers they are different parts, but I can get what you need

No i need:

62244N
and

for my type x bumper...I have a pignose now which is why I was asking if they are interchangeable. I guess they are not so please quote me.

crazyikimasho
12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
No i need:

62244N
and

for my type x bumper...I have a pignose now which is why I was asking if they are interchangeable. I guess they are not so please quote me.

Oh those parts should be interchangable and if not just easily modified to work for the JDM bumper.

tani160
12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey Justin, are you sure that bumper retainer is actually different? I didn't pay attention when I pulled it from my chuki bumper and stuffed it into my kouki bumper. So I assumed that there would be a difference between the kouki retainer and the chuki one, but when I took off the front bumper and compared the two, they seemed identical (length, width, etc) except for two extra bolt spots (4 total) that would require drilling into 62242 in order to get 62242 to fit over 62050J (which accomodates the 2 current bolt spots from my stock retainer). Oh and there's a strip of foam on the newer one I purchased over my stock chuki one. So I got the right part? Well, it just seems the same so I decided to use the stock chuki one since it seems to fit.

crazyikimasho
12-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Justin, are you sure that bumper retainer is actually different? I didn't pay attention when I pulled it from my chuki bumper and stuffed it into my kouki bumper. So I assumed that there would be a difference between the kouki retainer and the chuki one, but when I took off the front bumper and compared the two, they seemed identical (length, width, etc) except for two extra bolt spots (4 total) that would require drilling into 62242 in order to get 62242 to fit over 62050J (which accomodates the 2 current bolt spots from my stock retainer). Oh and there's a strip of foam on the newer one I purchased over my stock chuki one. So I got the right part? Well, it just seems the same so I decided to use the stock chuki one since it seems to fit.

It should be thinner and longer. Ill have to take pics for comparison when I get my car back