PDA

View Full Version : SR will not got in to boost or rev past 3000

bso.tommyboy
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I installed my SR and I have gone through and hooked my air compressor up to check for vac/boost leaks. I'm 99% sure I have everything tight. But it still won't go into boost.

This engine sat on a stand for about 3 years or so before I got to put it in. I've installed a SR for a friend and we got his running... so I fell good about my wiring ect. but I'm up for any suggestions.

Also it is running really rich. would the FPR cause this?

please help there is a drift event in 2 weeks from today.

thanks.

LimitedEdition
11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Maf?

Length Owns.

bso.tommyboy
11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
is there a way to test the maf?

I swaped out the SR maf with a KAE and still ran the same so I swaped them back.

LimitedEdition
11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Trying cleaning it out. Canned air should be fine.

k's_silvia2.0
11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Make sure all couplings on the hot side and cold side are tighten down properly.

jskateborders
11-10-2007, 05:20 PM
conection to the maf. See if you hav any power or ground to the plug

bso.tommyboy
11-10-2007, 05:23 PM
conection to the maf. See if you hav any power or ground to the plug

how much voltage should there be?

godfather2112
11-11-2007, 12:22 AM
check ic pipes? I had this same issue before.

Luvs2slide
11-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Definately check the maf. Especially the wires, if you had to lengthen them during the re-wire. How is your idle? If you idle is rough and your MAF is good, you could have a IC pipe unconnected. Search and you should be able to find voltage checks for the MAF. What I would also do is to check continuity of the wires to your MAF as well.

frosti108
11-11-2007, 02:23 AM
look around the engine bay while u open the throttle all the way. i had a similar problem and turned out one of my ghetto couplings was sucking together under vaccum LOL

cotbu
11-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Check the ecu for codes. 12 is mafs but you'll probably have 34 an 43 also not being an ass

bso.tommyboy
11-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the help here are some up dates;

--The idle is great, nice and smooth it has only varied one time for about a 45 seconds, then it smoothed out and hasn't done it since.

--There have not been any engine lights.

--I looked for vacume leaks all day yesterday. My couplings are all pretty good quality. What I've been doing to chek for vacume leaks is; I pulled the vac line from the BOV and hooked it up to the tank on my air compresor. Took off the intake filter and saeled it shut with plastic bags. Run a boost gauge into the engine bay to watch boost and shoot air in to the system. I found two laeks where the hose clamps were not tight enough.

anymore feed back would help sooo much.

I'm going to check for vacume leaks again after breakfast...

HHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!1 Walffles.....

bso.tommyboy
11-11-2007, 11:53 AM
o.k. the hose that would normally go up to the carcoal canister, above the exaust manafold. I ran a hose straight up to the "T" on the side of the valve cover romoving the canaster and going to a little red filter on the other side of the "T"

and boost is coming out of the "T". is that supposed to happen? or is there some thing wrong with my turbo????

bso.tommyboy
11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
update

I blocked off the open end of the "T" and it is still doin gthe same thing.

cotbu
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
STOP!!
unbolt the ecu, turn it so you can see the light and diagnostic screw.
turn key on, engine off, turn screw clockwise for 3secs then turn back. read the slow blinks and the fast blinks(*-*-*-*-*, *****)aka 55, come back here post what you have...

sillyvia13
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
mafs wired wrong.
rewire it correctly and your good!
only thig that would do that is mafs!!!!
sounds like a rev limiter at 3k right!

MAFS! ALL DAY! REWIRE IT!!!
good luck, theres a diagram somewhere!
I am to lazy to SEARCH so I just make post so people can flame me til someone gives me answer...lol...

tunerzimage
11-11-2007, 02:24 PM
What about the fuel pump. After my SR swap everything started fine until the turbo started to spool. It would just lose power. I switched to a Walboro 255lph and it was all good then.

sillyvia13
11-11-2007, 02:32 PM
What about the fuel pump. After my SR swap everything started fine until the turbo started to spool. It would just lose power. I switched to a Walboro 255lph and it was all good then.
you probly had a clogged pump!
I have seen it before!
I would most likely bet my testies ion mafs!!!
I don't need em so who cares If i lose!

bso.tommyboy
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM

YEP!!!!

so I cut in to my beautifully tapped wiring harness and tested the conitnuity (i suk a speelling and I'm in a hurry) everything read o.k. so I pluged he back in a and started her up and like POOF! she ran...:fruit:

so I guess there was some signal jumping or something.

anyway

NEW PROBLEM!!!!!

The idle is now a bit iradic. (SP again) and I've been trying to check the timming and I don't know if I'm doing it right.

hooked a plug wire between the coil pack and #1 plug, hooked timming light to said wire. and shot it at the pully while the car is running.

correct?!?!?:bash:

please help

and THANKS FOR EVERYTHING SO FAR!!!

johngriff
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
sounds about right.

with the engine running, disconnect the TPS plug, set the timing to 15.

marks in order (from left to right) : -5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20

bso.tommyboy
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
sounds about right.

with the engine running, disconnect the TPS plug, set the timing to 15.

marks in order (from left to right) : -5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20

Oh so you do unplug the TPS? I thought that was only on the KA.

I'll give her another shot tomorrow.

sillyvia13
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM

YEP!!!!

so I cut in to my beautifully tapped wiring harness and tested the conitnuity (i suk a speelling and I'm in a hurry) everything read o.k. so I pluged he back in a and started her up and like POOF! she ran...:fruit:

so I guess there was some signal jumping or something.

anyway

NEW PROBLEM!!!!!

The idle is now a bit iradic. (SP again) and I've been trying to check the timming and I don't know if I'm doing it right.

hooked a plug wire between the coil pack and #1 plug, hooked timming light to said wire. and shot it at the pully while the car is running.

correct?!?!?:bash:

please help

and THANKS FOR EVERYTHING SO FAR!!!

timing?
probly not...unless you removed it...it will not change change unless unbolted and moved....

idle I would say its a vacuum line, something like that, maybe intercooler pipe clamp is loose?
Is it running rich...
good luck bro@
your wires may have been loose on mafs too...and look to see if your mafs connectors are clean and have no dirt, or anything it it to hinder connection!

hope to see a post where you say THANKS GUYS!!!
and then see a picture of you spinning tires!