PDA

View Full Version : Howto: Install Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge

AznDrftr.
11-09-2007, 03:56 AM
I've searched, but the current thread, the pics didnt work. Pics speak a lot so, if anybody can help me on this.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=57050&highlight=install+oil+pressure+gauge

hstylez
12-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Bump. I'm curious too...

importdude
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Tunertoys.com

Get the Oil Fitting

its correctly setup all in 1 so

the part that screws into the motor is bpst

and the side ports are 1/8npt so u dont have to get conversion fittings

punxva
12-04-2007, 03:50 PM
i used the autometer fitting, and then used a grease gun line, which holds 3000 psi and like 500 degrees and ran that to a remote mounted sending unit. aka on a bolt near the strut tower bar

chibich
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
will this work for a ka and an sr motor, or are they different sizes on the motors?

Tunertoys.com

Get the Oil Fitting

its correctly setup all in 1 so

the part that screws into the motor is bpst

and the side ports are 1/8npt so u dont have to get conversion fittings

projectRDM
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Do it just like listed, but without a T fitting. Throw the OE pressure switch in the trash. Keeping it in place is just asking for more trouble.

g6civcx
12-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I second ditching the stock oil warning light. It's inaccurate.

I personally have broken those T-fittings so I don't recommend them. They are very flimsy.

I recommend a digital sensor. If you want an oil warning light get a gauge with a warning light feature.

unicoladron
12-05-2007, 08:51 AM
There are two types of oil pressure gauges/senders. there are electronic and mechanical. mechanical requires running an oil line into your cabin, which i would never do.

i'm going to assume you're using an electronic version. i've done this installation on a v-dub. there was a plug that was 1/8 npt right by the oil filter so all i had to do was remove that plug and screw the sending unit in and viola.

the electronic oil pressure gague if you get it from autometer comes with the gague and the sending unit.

just like r240na said, remove the OE sending unit, and install the autometer sending unit, i'm not 100% if the threads are the same, but you can find out for yourself by comparing the OE sending unit and the autometer sending unit, there should be plenty of clearance (the autometer sending unit is actually pretty big)

EDIT: i jsut realized the the op linked to a mechanical gague how to. i would never install these with fear of the line breaking and spewing hot oil in my eyes.

punxva
12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
i'll post a picture of my setup when i get out of class. the reason i remote mounted the sending unit, is so there wouldnt be anything really heavy hanging from the adaptor, plus it makes running oil feed lines a snap.

s13pignose
12-05-2007, 10:48 AM
There was some site that specialized in 240's that sold gauge accessories that had various fittings and an adaptor for water temp gauges, I can't think of the name of it right now though...if I find I'll post
------edit-----
http://www.nissport.com/

I think that was it cause I had it in my favs, but the site isn't working

blue rexsti
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
i'll post a picture of my setup when i get out of class. the reason i remote mounted the sending unit, is so there wouldnt be anything really heavy hanging from the adaptor, plus it makes running oil feed lines a snap.

you never posted pictures:eek:

projectRDM
09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
you never posted pictures:eek:

Three years ago. I doubt he cares to now.