PDA

View Full Version : t25 wastegate flow potential

RedtopTech
11-04-2007, 04:33 PM
how much nitrous can be used before overboost becomes an issue?
i have run 3 bottles through using a 75 shot with spikes of 16 psi with the BC set at 13. Im not concerned with the hot air coming out of the turbo since the nitrous is drastically cooling the intake charge. My main concerns are overspinning the turbo and backpressure in the manifold. My redtop blew a few months back due to a bad FPR (MR) and have since rebuilt it with forged internals. i was running consistant 7.70's with this set up and plan for a 2871 in the spring but i only have about a month left before the strip closes for the season and would like to set a new personal best.
Anyone here with experience running a larger shot on a t25 is welcome to supply feedback.

holybushoffire
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I wanna see a time slip for that 7.70.
And a break down of your set up to do said time.

EricDET
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I wanna see a time slip for that 7.70.
And a break down of your set up to do said time.

Yeah... Isn't that a high 11 or so 1/4 mile run???

Even with that much spray that's hard to believe. Unless that thing is leaving the box like a pro stock car..LOL

RedtopTech
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
7.76 e.t. @ 89 mph, 1.7 60ft 58 degree day near sea level (Summerduck VA)
CHASSIS 90' base model full interior with 10 inch sub in a truck box. 2620 pounds with me in it.

ENGINE stock internals, T25 w/ MBC, 3 inch turbo back, MR FPR, Side mount w purge, 40 nitrous jet and 25 fuel jet NX, Fidanza flywheel w/ exedy stage 2, 12.8:1 according to AEM wideband (to lean), 12 degrees base timing. NGK iridium plugs heat range 7, walboro pump, no A/C or P/S, stock fan w/ shroud.

SUSPENSION all rear parts replaced with SPC adjustable units, all other bushing replaced with Energy Suspension master kit, all new ball joints, strut bars front and rear, removed front sway bar at the track, kyb struts with tein springs front and rear, VLSD from S14, 16 inch SPEC V wheels up front with 195 50 dunlops, 15 inch GLE sentra wheels in the back with 225 BFG drag radials in the rear @ 15 psi cold,
without nitrous runs consitant 8.50's @84 mph with 1.85 60 ft.
I dont have a scanner at home but will be happy to post the timeslip at work tommarow

RedtopTech
11-04-2007, 05:45 PM
anyway neither of you gave me any input accept for calling me a liar so please, no more useless posts.

02BRB20
11-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Megan Racing FPR....bunk

couldnt shell the extra 30 bux for a Nismo, but can rebuild his SR; I must be living in backwards land

O NOESSS another useless post in your thread, suck it.

gotta240
11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Don't worry about the haters... half the people here drive stock cars that are spraypainted...with 99c spraypaint, stock motors w/ painted valvecover, and 18" wheels with a 44 offset.

anyways. I don't think you'll have much luck with people on these boards using n20. Not many(if any) do on here.

RedtopTech
11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
i have since replaced the FPR with a nismo thank you. I wasnt aware that there were issues with these when i bought it. live and learn. Im a master technician and VA state inspector, I own my own house and bring home 80 thousand dollars a year. My wife is a school teacher and makes good money as well. The money isnt an issue if your trying to call me cheap. A FPR is a simple diaphram used to restrict fuel flow in order to raise pressure. Not many things can go wrong. I dont assume that a more expensive product is better just because of the price. I chose the meagan unit because it came with a gauge installed (which ended up not being very accurate) and had to buy the nismo adapter anyway, so i didnt buy it to save a couple bucks. I dont understand why you are being so negative.

RedtopTech
11-04-2007, 06:19 PM
thank you for your reply gotta240, i just dont understand why someone would go out of there way to try and make someone look dumb, cheap, or less educated than themselves without knowing that persons background. If i came one here asking if i could TOSS a 300 shot to my stock SR that may warrent a little flaming.

gotta240
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Like i said, don't trip on it. I'm not trying to flame this board(too much) but the fact is half of the members are 18 or under. Naturally maturity lacks around here. Plan on getting similar replies everywhere on this forum.

Although there are many douche bags on here, there are a few guys (r240na, steveshadows, johngriff, etc) that have fairly good technical knowledge regarding the 240 and make this place a lil more tolerable.

statik
11-04-2007, 07:08 PM
I have no experience with nitrous on the SR, but anywhere over 15psi is really over-revving the turbo, you could try porting the stock wastegate maybe? id say don't bother and just pick up a larger turbo

holybushoffire
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
thank you for your reply gotta240, i just dont understand why someone would go out of there way to try and make someone look dumb, cheap, or less educated than themselves without knowing that persons background. If i came one here asking if i could TOSS a 300 shot to my stock SR that may warrent a little flaming.

Without the information that you provided AFTER my initial post, your "7.70" just isn't believable.

I had no intentions of flaming, but if that's the way you took it, then so be it.:mrmeph:

EricDET
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
anyway neither of you gave me any input accept for calling me a liar so please, no more useless posts.

Didn't call you a liar per say... Those are some impressive numbers and a 1.7 60ft more than explains that good of a time, which is what I said in my post.
But if you want an opinion on the boost... I wouldn't crank it more than 15 spray or not and expect it to last very long. The stock turbo should be one of the first things changed out especially when drag is your goal. Good fucking launch/driving btw....:2f2f:

EricDET
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Without the information that you provided AFTER my initial post, your "7.70" is taken as your quarter mile time.

LOL... Are you serious?

holybushoffire
11-04-2007, 10:35 PM
LOL... Are you serious?

That sir, was my mistake.
If you would, notice the edited version.:duh:

McRussellPants
11-05-2007, 12:17 AM
just port it and find out.

if you're drag racing on a built motor and nitrous and ect. why would you get a 2871?

Sileighty_85
11-05-2007, 05:49 AM
If your worried about it weld it closed and use an External Wastgate

Goldeneye9mm
11-05-2007, 06:10 AM
you're running 8th mile right? i think that would help stop the flaming if thats the case. there is no car in existance that can break 7.70 @ 89mph in a quarter. just thought i'd try to lend a hand. but anyway. a t25 is prolly gonna crap out after a 300 shot. those turbos are usually rated to last up 280hp at best. after that you really in hot water. now i bet your motor off n2o is about 250. i'de get something more in the t3-t4 range and deffanitly invest in a fmic. good luck

RedtopTech
11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
thanks for the input. This vehicle is not by any means built for drag. My boss has a 69 camaro and it was my goal since i started working for him to beat his best time of 7.87 with as little modification as possible. This car has been daily driven for 4 years, 3 of which were on the internally stock SR. I have been building it in stages in order to keep it on the road as much as possible. I intended to install the 2871 sooner but the motor build obsorbed those funds, however that time will come and i will continue to go faster in every venue which i compete.

Mtndrifter14
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
i boosted 18lbs on a t25, and it held up fine i know after 14lbs its just pushing hot air, but i felt an increase.

fliprayzin240sx
11-06-2007, 06:59 AM
If you get a 2871, get the bigger trim. If youre more into drag, the extra power up top will suit you more.

But yah like already stated, after 14 psi, the T-25 just turns into a hair dryer...