PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 feels sluggish

RedricesilviaS14
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
ok so i dont know if its just me or what but my black top feels like a turd
ive checked all i could and still cant see what it feels sluggish
what i got is the basic swap nothing special, i have about 1200 miles of me driving it, i hooked up the data logger and the only thing i noticed was my timing would drop to 0 when i let off the gas most the time....problem?
my friends rb20 didnt do that so....someone please shed some light on that for me
another thing is i noticed my aac value was jumping around alot and keeping my idle high, also made the car surge while driving and made the timing jump alot, all in all this car just doesnt feel quick to me is it possible to get used to it in only 1200miles? i didnt the whole forum search and well i just came up with dumb shit

k's_silvia2.0
11-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Do a compresion test first.

RedricesilviaS14
11-03-2007, 10:23 PM
did that before i put in the motor
cant remember the numbers
ill ask my friend
doing another wouldnt hurt though

rps13drift
11-03-2007, 10:27 PM
boost leak

mssgelength

RedricesilviaS14
11-03-2007, 10:27 PM
this entire swap was strange when i bought it, i somehow ended up with a typex motor i know this because we had to repin the harness to match the wrong ecu that the place gave us, then i took of the oil pans and valve cover and was kinda affraid of how the motor had no oil stain on any of its parts so who knows nothing would surprise me at this point

RedricesilviaS14
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
ya ill check all the piping again tomarrow
it just has the stock t25 but this thing screams so loud, only other car ive driven that the turbo was so loud was a 20g 4g63, maybe the t25 is beat? still spools up .5bar.....

2Slow40
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
did that before i put in the motor
cant remember the numbers
ill ask my friend
doing another wouldnt hurt though

Arent you supposed to do a compression test once the car is warmed up?

Gjohnson7
11-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Have you checked your timing?

Z U L8R
11-03-2007, 11:39 PM
which ecu do you have? 63? 62?

i agree with gjohnson7 on check the timing, and since you said your idle is real high, you just got it driveable, your "aac value" is jumping, and the car feels like it's surging, i DEFINATELY second the check for boost leak rps13drift mentioned.

once you've done that , get back to us and let us know your test results, and fyi t25 < 20G lol , if you still got your 20g put that sucker on the sr ^_^

later,
Dave =]

RedricesilviaS14
11-04-2007, 07:19 AM
they gave me an E5 ecu instead of the J4 what would have matched the harness, base timing is at 15 as shown by the datalogger, this stuff just happend recently, after the swap someone hit the car and i had to go through all kinds of shit to get it back to legal but i did get a kouki front out of it and a new paint job, at this point i had only put like 800 miles on it then it sat for a few months as soon as it warms up in goin to check all the ic piping and ill get back to you guys, btw the 20g was on a friends gst 2.3l stroker running 20psi it was all fun till torque steer came into play