PDA

View Full Version : installing 4 point harness (s13 fastback)

bejota180sx
11-01-2007, 12:06 PM
i read the how to i found on the site on installing them but i didnt understang something... searched all around and ill i found was bout dont use them withought roll cage... and nothing else...

the waist straps i think i understanded they go to the back bolts that hold the seat down? or did i get it wrong and they go to bold that hold the STOCK belts down?

now the shoulders go tru the seat crossed all that stuff but where do you hold them down? to the seatbealt bolts it said... what seatbelt bolts? not the one from the seat right? i was thinking the rear seat belt bolts? arent they to far away? im confused at that point... asked around but all i get is dont use harness withought a cage (yeah i KNOW its not safe but jumping around with stock seatbelts while on the track and all that great) and all that but not the answer to where the hell do i bolt the shoulders?

brokeAs240sx
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
There is a reason ppl post don't put on a harness w/o a cage... & 4-pt harnesses aren't that safe either.

Go to the Simpson racing site (Sparco may have it too) and look at their install/user guide for the harness. It goes over all the different angles, etc.

If it's just autox, you'll be "okay"... until something happens.

If it's a straight up track, I seriously would not recommend it. There's other tools like CG lock (you can search on google) which makes your factory belt tight for track a lot of guys use.

As for mounting... If I HAD to do it, I'd rather install the shoulder portion on the rear upper seat belt than lower portion.

But seriously, this has been covered to death... I know because I've answered this question a lot of times before.

nwmrkt
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=222420
I myself would NOT install a harness without some type of rollbar/cage