PDA

View Full Version : Stance coilovers, bad cust service, bad coilovers

homegaragespl
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Bought a set of Stance GR +, brand new.

installed it on the S13, took it to maybe 3 or 4 drift events. Didnt even daily drive the car. Didnt crash or get into any accidents.

Rear passenger shock/strut/ damper wouldnt go down anymore. Took it to a reputable local performance shop to confirm this. *edit* forget about the stupid sleeves, its not even worth talkin about. Its not even the major problem.

called Stance regarding the issue.
First time, called them, and explained the situation, they asked me to get the invoice number from the distributor i got it from. So I got that.
2nd time, called them, they didnt answer their phone for the longest time. Had to call tougefactory, someone from there answered, cuz they are the same company you know? The lady there said the R&D department was in a meeting, so I left a number. Never got a call back.

3rd and 4th time, called and left number and msg. Never got a call back.

This happen in a 3 month span. Its not like I didnt give them time.
Stance is junk, customer service sucks so bad.

So all you people who dont run stance coilovers, and yet think so highly about them. Well, Dont. Cuz I used to read threads about how good stance coilovers were, and was curious. So bought a set. Tried it out, and they were not as good as it was hyped up to be.

What am i running now? I was thinking of running the megan tracks. Many 240 owners I know in the area uses megan, and seems to be reliable. (yes, i know it might ride pretty rough) And since they are local, they cant hide behind the phone. Hahahhaha

Edgar
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I am very very surprised that this would ever happened. How long have you had your coilovers for? I think you need to contact the distributer directly and deal with them. Yes, Tougefactory is STANCE,VS,ORIGIN, and god knows what else.
But I mean, you need to see the private policy of where you got them from and see what they can do for you. I highly doubt you will get your money back. Can you proof that it was a manufacture defect?

Xracer
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Ive had my GR+ for about 2 years. besides them rusting and seizing around the treaded body and dampening adjustment, they still work quite well. Just cant change my ride height anymore. But i know the guys over at touge factory and im suprised to hear this as well.

i need tires
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
surprised to hear this also.. i have called Stance.. the one in IL and i have gotten in contact with them every time.. and i also love my coilovers.. i just took a hammer and flat headed screw driver to the couler and they dont move on bit... sorry to hear man but i love my coilovers.

Nachtmensch
10-31-2007, 11:15 AM
i agree with "i need tires" and "xracer." i know the guys over at TF and they are usually very willing to help me out with things. when i had stance GR+ on my s13 (car was sold) they worked no problem mechanically. the collars did lock up after winter, but i was told some anti-seize could fix this.

i also used a flathead screwdriver to lock the collars together. the spanner wrenches are not enough to tighten them. i believe even brands like Apexi reccommend using a screwdriver to lock the collars together.

when i did buy my stance in may of 06, i went there and bought them directly. rob was happy to assist me and explain how everything works because they were my first coilovers. i was VERY happy with them and the performance they geve my s13. i dont see why many people are having issues with them.

i need tires
10-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Ive had my GR+ for about 2 years. besides them rusting and seizing around the treaded body and dampening adjustment, they still work quite well. Just cant change my ride height anymore. But i know the guys over at touge factory and im suprised to hear this as well.

sorry to hear about the rust man! the joy of living in Arizona :keke:

homegaragespl:
also... are these your first coilovers?!?! because u going from Stance to Megans is defiantly a down grade?! of were you just hard up on money at the time..

homegaragespl
10-31-2007, 11:38 AM
sorry to hear about the rust man! the joy of living in Arizona :keke:

homegaragespl:
also... are these your first coilovers?!?! because u going from Stance to Megans is defiantly a down grade?! of were you just hard up on money at the time..

went from megan street to stance to megan track.
honestly. Didnt feel any difference from the megan street to the stance GR+
The GR+ felt softer when it was still working. But thats about it.

i need tires
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
ah ok main reason i got my stance is because they go low! *sorry im a ricer* haha and i also got a deal on them thru a friend so i defiantly couldnt pass it up.. but slap them back on a try some of the things we told ya do to and see if it helps

FusionR240sx
10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
i never had a problem with my old gr+ pro's...
and ya ur spossed to use a flathead to tighten em all the way

INeedNewTires
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
damn this sucks i was about to order a set of GR+ pro's..... maby re-thinking but i've heard KTS arent very good quality either.....

oh and "i need tires" you suck for trying to name jack me...... glad i had mine years before you....

i need tires
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
damn this sucks i was about to order a set of GR+ pro's..... maby re-thinking but i've heard KTS arent very good quality either.....

oh and "i need tires" you suck for trying to name jack me...... glad i had mine years before you....

haha! we have been using the similar names for about the same time..

im assuming you know Ameen and Amir?!?

and get Stance man i just dont think this guy took the right precautions when he was installing them and had problems..

qt_240
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
guys at Touge are always very helpful in everything.... And i LOve my Stance GR+3's =) .. And i've always gotten through when i called them.. they're also always on AIM during business hours.... Stance > Megan (but then again thats just my opinion)

Flybert
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
My Apexi N1 PRO collars used to come loose as well until I used a hammer and a punch to really tighten them down. It's common for most coilovers to do this.

i need tires
10-31-2007, 04:39 PM
seems like this guy doesnt have much experience with coilovers, sooo pretty much u wasted money by buying new coilovers..

xamraci
10-31-2007, 05:32 PM
I havent heard anything bad about Stance Really...I am rocking F2AUTOLIFE coilovers and ABSOLUTELY love them...and my buddy is running STANCE on his S14 and I havent heard anything bad...

If they didnt get back with you in time about the issue...thats just CRAP...and I can feel your pain on that for other instances I have delt with...If anything I would keep attemptingto get some answers...but I am not one to speak...I freak out if my friends get screwed around...

GL and check out www.F2autolife.com (http://www.F2autolife.com) preston offers some good products and the customer service is awesome

veilside180sx
10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Do the Stance have a torrington bearing?

homegaragespl
10-31-2007, 10:26 PM
haha! we have been using the similar names for about the same time..

im assuming you know Ameen and Amir?!?

and get Stance man i just dont think this guy took the right precautions when he was installing them and had problems..

stfu you stupid ricer, wtf do you know about right precaution.
YOU SWEAR fucking coilovers are hard to put on.

As for the sleeves, i didnt want to hammer it, spent like a thousand bux on the dam things, you know?

EDacIouSX
10-31-2007, 10:44 PM
seems like this guy doesnt have much experience with coilovers, sooo pretty much u wasted money by buying new coilovers..

um yea ok he has plenty of experience with coilovers.

I've only owned two sets of coilovers. Megan street (8/6) and stance gr+ pro (9/7). IMO the stances dampen better than the megans but the megans are not bad coilovers. They are under rated. Before you even think of flaming me, tell me that some other coilover out there is 2 times better in quality of megans. I say this because you have to pay twice the amount that you do for a megan coilover. And, if there is a quality that costs twice as much as a megan and performs twice the better, tell me that double the price is more affordable than something half the price.

drift freaq
10-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I havent heard anything bad about Stance Really...I am rocking F2AUTOLIFE coilovers and ABSOLUTELY love them...and my buddy is running STANCE on his S14 and I havent heard anything bad...

If they didnt get back with you in time about the issue...thats just CRAP...and I can feel your pain on that for other instances I have delt with...If anything I would keep attemptingto get some answers...but I am not one to speak...I freak out if my friends get screwed around...

GL and check out www.F2autolife.com (http://www.F2autolife.com) preston offers some good products and the customer service is awesome
Those function forms look exactly like Ksports. lol
I have several friends having problems with Stance. Its not uncommon. In fact I have since decided I will not run them because of all this.

C. Senor
10-31-2007, 10:45 PM
^damn that sucks.....put mine on, used the spanner wrenches. i daily my car, had them on for about 5-6 months maybe like 3-4 thousand miles on them. i havnt had any problems with them. granted they are my first set of coilovers, but i love them. maybe you just got unlucky. there is always going to be a few defects in a such a large quanity of things. for instance sony is quite the reputable brand. their products 98 percent of the time work great and last for ever, but there is always bound to be those few products that just dont work and break real fast. can't expect everything to be perfect. but just from the research i did before i bought the stances, you're the first person that i heard anything negative about them, and the couple other guys that voiced out they had a problem, but that's not alot of people relative to the number of coilover sets stance probably sells.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, it's cool that you need to get out some frustration, but you shouldnt go bashing a company for one bad item. it sucks that they as a company treated that way, and that is completely cool to bash on them for because after all without people like you and me buying their products they wouldnt be around. but i wouldn't go around telling people not to buy stance based of one personal experience.

but that's just my opinion.

veilside180sx
10-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Tell me you did not just compare Stance to Sony...wow

drift freaq
10-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Tell me you did not just compare Stance to Sony...wow

He did, lol.

I should add what I am saying is not bashing Stance. I have heard reports from several friends of problems. I have made a decision I would not run them because of that. That is not bashing its a choice and a opinion. Its also called common since. You don't buy food that makes several people sick if you know it made several people sick. Stance has a problem, there is a whole thread about on Zilvia. They are having problems, when they sort them out, then they indeed might be a worthy product to purchase. Until then it would be wiser not to be a product that is having known problems. Thats called common sense, not bashing.

C. Senor
10-31-2007, 11:23 PM
^yes i just did. it's not that hard to figure out the correlation i was trying to make

drift freaq
10-31-2007, 11:33 PM
^yes i just did. it's not that hard to figure out the correlation i was trying to make

no the correlation is downright hysterical. The shear number of a particular product Sony manufactures versus the defects puts the percentage of defects at close to 1% maybe less. The Number of Coilovers Touge Factory has manufactured as the Stance product vs the number of defects is probably closeer to 10-15% maybe higher. They do not produce enough coilovers vs the number of complaints that are starting to show up to draw a correlation between them and Sony.

FusionR240sx
11-01-2007, 12:23 AM

As for the sleeves, i didnt want to hammer it, spent like a thousand bux on the dam things, you know?

i feel you
but that's how u tighten them

some coilovers have a pic showing to do that...

C. Senor
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
no the correlation is downright hysterical. The shear number of a particular product Sony manufactures versus the defects puts the percentage of defects at close to 1% maybe less. The Number of Coilovers Touge Factory has manufactured as the Stance product vs the number of defects is probably closeer to 10-15% maybe higher. They do not produce enough coilovers vs the number of complaints that are starting to show up to draw a correlation between them and Sony.

i understand the numbers part of it, which is why i took no offense when criticized initially about my reference. it is the fact that both stance(touge factory) and sony are companies that in particular areas of expertise, are both known to be best bang for the buck quality. rarely do either of those companies, have dramatic defects. but what ever, make of my correlation what you will. i stated my opinion. and that's that. anyone can say what ever they like, but as for this specific thread i am done. hope every one has a great weekend.

FaLKoN240
11-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Way to argue in a complete circle, what do we as buyers have, but to go on but our own experience when buying stuff?

I'm about to make a thread about some bullshit I bought recently, but that's only if the situation isn't handled nicely by the company I bought from, and the company itself.

We as the buyers of parts that are "For off-road use only" really get the shaft when a part of ours fails mechanically and we get stuck with the cost of shitty sellers hiding behind that saying.

Great companies handle their business and practice good customer service to maintain a good image and an even better business moral for itself and the employees of the company. SPLparts is a GREAT example of this.

drift freaq
11-01-2007, 01:46 AM
i understand the numbers part of it, which is why i took no offense when criticized initially about my reference. it is the fact that both stance(touge factory) and sony are companies that in particular areas of expertise, are both known to be best bang for the buck quality. rarely do either of those companies, have dramatic defects. but what ever, make of my correlation what you will. i stated my opinion. and that's that. anyone can say what ever they like, but as for this specific thread i am done. hope every one has a great weekend.

Ok I was not going to respond to this but, well here we go.
Sony is not always known for bang for the buck. In fact they were always more expensive and still are than a lot of the other Japanese brands. Quality ya but you paid for it.

Now Touge Factory? You cannot even put that Store in the same catagory as Sony. Sony manufacturers their own stuff. Touge Factory is a retail store that has stepped into the wholesale side of the auto parts business. They actually do not manfacture the stuff they sell. They either resell already manufactured products or have a third party manufacture stuff for them. In sense you could say Touge Factory makes Stance because its their line but they don't actually made the product its made for them, and not in the U.S.

There is no possible way they would be able to market them for the price they do if they did. Touge Factory has done a great job of keeping that under wraps.
Yes, Touge Factory has worked with the manafucturing plant contracted to make the product and put input into the design. Though the problems people are reporting are a quality control issue and Touge Factories falling down on the customer support side because of it.
Now if you had not made such blatantly blind statements, I might not have brought this to light but well you did, so here it is.

StaticX27
11-01-2007, 02:50 AM
In his defense, sony does outsource alot of their products to third party companies (not in the US or Japan :P). I see the point he was trying to make though, in that any manufacturer; big or small, will have defects in their product, same as JIC who was getting a reputation for collapsing shock towers, etc. Which is a valid point to make, but the lack of customer service sounds to me like they know their product is failing, but don't have the budget to warranty their product.

Nachtmensch
11-01-2007, 02:50 AM
i feel you
but that's how u tighten them

some coilovers have a pic showing to do that...
true statement.

D2 actually told me to put electrical tape over my collars after tightening with a screwdriver to eliminate an 'unusual noise' :loco:

http://www.d2racingsport.co.uk/images/technical4.jpg

(sorry for being a bit off topic of stance, just showing that it is in the instructions of some manufactures)

firelizard
11-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah, who wants to read the instructions for something that expensive?

Too bad about the customer service though, that's one thing you can't blame on the customer, usually.

i need tires
11-01-2007, 07:37 AM

wow man didnt think u would get THAT but hurt about me saying u didnt take the right precautions.. and obviously you didnt :keke: so dont get all pissy with me because u didnt tighten them the RIGHT way

and NO coilovers arent hard to install.. but if you havent installed enough of them you dont know a lot of the small stuff to do (not saying you dont know how to install them)

and for the record yes i am a ricer that is actually the reason why i have Stance coilovers is so i can lower my car to the ground! :mrmeph:

and yes i know u spent 1k on the coilvers and didnt want to take a hammer to them.. then you should have gotten kyb struts and rsr springs my buddy drifts on them and hold up just as good as coilovers

i need tires
11-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, who wants to read the instructions for something that expensive?

good point.. why spend soooo much money and dont read instructions... well let alone do more than hand tighten something that gets A LOT of movement... vibration.. and road abuse..

homegaragespl
11-01-2007, 09:29 AM
FYI everyone...on the megans, I just palmed wrench to tighten the sleeves.

never gave me any problems. But who cares...my main concern was...the shock was broken, called multiple times, didnt get the support i thought a reputable company would give.

Heres good example of good customer service.
So i bought a dell computer brand new, it was running kinda slow, and had problems shutting down. Talked to the tech support. They said it might be defective ram. So the next day, i got 2 slabs of replacement rams for my dell. TALK ABOUT FAST and awesome customer service. And the ram did fix the problem right away.

But, thats just an example of a Fortune 500 company. I know tougefactory isnt as good as dell, but if you wanna become a successful company, you gotta take care of your customers! Am i right?

drift freaq
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
In his defense, sony does outsource alot of their products to third party companies (not in the US or Japan :P). I see the point he was trying to make though, in that any manufacturer; big or small, will have defects in their product, same as JIC who was getting a reputation for collapsing shock towers, etc. Which is a valid point to make, but the lack of customer service sounds to me like they know their product is failing, but don't have the budget to warranty their product.

Yes, but when Sony was really huge and not losing money like they are now, they manufactured themselves. Its not that I don't see his point. Its that is a flimsy analogy at best for several reasons that I point out.
Now your point about the customer service which is an elaboration on my statement about the customer service is very valid. Its obvious they are aware of the issue and its obvious they are trying to get on top of it buts its catching them off guard.

Facts are....
Yes, the OP has a valid complaint and is having problems
Yes, Touge Factory/Stance is lagging
Yes, other people are having the same problems and this is not an isolated incident.
Yes, Touge Factory midwestern fans jocking them, have jumped in here to defend. Which smells like a cover job.
In the end the OP review is fair and valid and holds weight.
Fact is until Touge Factory/Stance officially announces they have had a problem and are correcting it our have corrected it, it looks like they are just not holding up to their end of bargain as a Product producer.
Yes I know they said the had a badge batch of pillowbals but it was pretty much on the down low. Their customer support, or lack there of, is showing they are having a hard time keeping it under control.
I know you supporters don't like hearing this, though this is not a slam its facts. YOu cannot call facts a slam.

P.S. What they need to do know is called in the business, damage control. I.E. get public about the problem,acknowledging it and announcing a fix. It also includes taking care of customers with problems rapidly and courteously. If they fail in this department they damage their reputation. It seems in the end my previous sentence is exactly whats happening

i need tires
11-01-2007, 10:52 AM
ok ppl let not assume they were slacking.. not saying i dont trust this guy and his words but he kinda got on my bad side hehe

who is to ever say he has actually been trying to call them for the past 3 months?!?!

i can tell you for a FACT! i called Stance 5 times in one day.. and they answer 3 out of the 5 times.. i think thats pretty damn good considering ppl could have been in the back and working on cars etc etc

xamraci
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Side note in terms of tightening the collar...I have ALWAYS tightened mine with a screwdriver and a mallet or hammer

And This is my...6th set of coilovers I have owned or installed
Cuscu, Omni, GC, TEIN and the F2autolifes(which yes, certainly do resemble KSPORTS, though the dampening levels are different as well as the available springs such as the SPRINT option for the new TYPE2)

As previously stated..Stance certainly has some explaining to do...thats with out a doubt...If A company doesnt have the customer service to back up a product...they shouldnt be distributing or producing the product considering this seems to be a production level problem as well as distibution level...

Hope that you find some resolve in this situation...

C. Senor
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Ok I was not going to respond to this but, well here we go.
Sony is not always known for bang for the buck. In fact they were always more expensive and still are than a lot of the other Japanese brands. Quality ya but you paid for it.

Now Touge Factory? You cannot even put that Store in the same catagory as Sony. Sony manufacturers their own stuff. Touge Factory is a retail store that has stepped into the wholesale side of the auto parts business. They actually do not manfacture the stuff they sell. They either resell already manufactured products or have a third party manufacture stuff for them. In sense you could say Touge Factory makes Stance because its their line but they don't actually made the product its made for them, and not in the U.S.

There is no possible way they would be able to market them for the price they do if they did. Touge Factory has done a great job of keeping that under wraps.
Yes, Touge Factory has worked with the manafucturing plant contracted to make the product and put input into the design. Though the problems people are reporting are a quality control issue and Touge Factories falling down on the customer support side because of it.
Now if you had not made such blatantly blind statements, I might not have brought this to light but well you did, so here it is.

dave seriously, i said i was done. but, i had to come back to read to see if it was let alone and of course, as usual, it wasn't. and you can see by other other quote i have from you down more that i read the whole thing through again. it was a very simple analogy comparing only the customer service part. nothing else. well that and the fact that both companies have good quality products. sony has been a little more expensive than other products of the same nature, but they are still in the middle, kind of like stance. not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive, but like you said you get what you pay for. that was part 2 i believe of my original analogy. but part one was about customer service, and that's what i was comparing, not how much volume one puts out. the main focus of a company is to provide products (hopefully good quality) and expand to gain a bigger margin of profit. and you should know this quite well. my analogy was not to be taken into every single aspect of the business. the main concern i had was about the customer servie and bashing a company for, in his case, one bad product. if he got a replacement from them and it happened again, then i would reconsider. so as "fimlsy", as you say, my analogy is; it was only for one main reason which it looks like, by your post and the other guy's post, that it came across. then my analogy served it's only purpose. alrighty then. now my head hurts, so i'm going to take a nap.

Yes, but when Sony was really huge and not losing money like they are now, they manufactured themselves. Its not that I don't see his point. Its that is a flimsy analogy at best for several reasons that I point out.
Now your point about the customer service which is an elaboration on my statement about the customer service is very valid. Its obvious they are aware of the issue and its obvious they are trying to get on top of it buts its catching them off guard.

Facts are....
Yes, the OP has a valid complaint and is having problems
Yes, Touge Factory/Stance is lagging
Yes, other people are having the same problems and this is not an isolated incident.
Yes, Touge Factory midwestern fans jocking them, have jumped in here to defend. Which smells like a cover job.
In the end the OP review is fair and valid and holds weight.
Fact is until Touge Factory/Stance officially announces they have had a problem and are correcting it our have corrected it, it looks like they are just not holding up to their end of bargain as a Product producer.
Yes I know they said the had a badge batch of pillowbals but it was pretty much on the down low. Their customer support, or lack there of, is showing they are having a hard time keeping it under control.
I know you supporters don't like hearing this, though this is not a slam its facts. YOu cannot call facts a slam.

P.S. What they need to do know is called in the business, damage control. I.E. get public about the problem,acknowledging it and announcing a fix. It also includes taking care of customers with problems rapidly and courteously. If they fail in this department they damage their reputation. It seems in the end my previous sentence is exactly whats happening

water
11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I've had Tein HA's, Tein RA's, Ground Controls, and KTS Beta 2's. I've never had to use anything more than the supplied tools to keep the collars locked. FWIW, I've tracked, drifted, and daily driven each of those setups.

REGARDLESS, the guy's shock is completely locked up and Stance seems to be ignoring the problem. Quality control issues aside, it is simply bad business to treat customers this way.

Someone else on here mentioned SPL's customer service - plus one on that topic. One of the best companies I've had the pleasure doing business with.

water
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Oh and homegaragespl, good luck getting everything sorted out.

!Zar!
11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
In reality, no company has to do anything about their product failing being as how everything is offroad use only. Now whether or not they follow through with that has more to do with ethics. So that's on them.

But most coilover collars loosen. So stop bitching. This is a hobby.

You can stop the problem a numerous amount of ways.

1. Hammer/flathead.
2. Blue thread lock.
3. Slightly scratch a line down the shockbody to create some friction.
4. Don't be a weak bitch.

KTS also loosened, so don't even give me that.

Funny as how s-chassis owners are the only ones having problems. I haven't heard anything from fc/evo owners yet.
Am I doubting that some of you are having problems, no. But I do think people are expecting WAY too much.

Now when/if you people do call to express your problems, blaming people/a product, sure won't help you get your car back on the road. If you express yourself in a business like manner it will help loads when you talk to a rep.

Dousan_PG
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Bought a set of Stance GR +, brand new.

installed it on the S13, took it to maybe 3 or 4 drift events. Didnt even daily drive the car. Didnt crash or get into any accidents.

Rear passenger shock/strut/ damper wouldnt go down anymore. Took it to a reputable local performance shop to confirm this. Also, the front coilover sleeves wont always lock. I tight them as much as I can, keeps getting loose. Dont take my words for it, I know for a FACT, Dousan PG has this problem too. Saw him having trouble at a Just Drift event.

called Stance regarding the issue.
First time, called them, and explained the situation, they asked me to get the invoice number from the distributor i got it from. So I got that.
2nd time, called them, they didnt answer their phone for the longest time. Had to call tougefactory, someone from there answered, cuz they are the same company you know? The lady there said the R&D department was in a meeting, so I left a number. Never got a call back.

3rd and 4th time, called and left number and msg. Never got a call back.

This happen in a 3 month span. Its not like I didnt give them time.
Stance is junk, customer service sucks so bad.

So all you people who dont run stance coilovers, and yet think so highly about them. Well, Dont. Cuz I used to read threads about how good stance coilovers were, and was curious. So bought a set. Tried it out, and they were not as good as it was hyped up to be.

What am i running now? I was thinking of running the megan tracks. Many 240 owners I know in the area uses megan, and seems to be reliable. (yes, i know it might ride pretty rough) And since they are local, they cant hide behind the phone. Hahahhaha

what the fuck
you dropping my name?
who the hell are you?
i HAD that problem
then i tightened them up as they should be and they are PERFECT
why the droopped? because i didnt tighten them enough when i first put them on.
i did it at the track that one time and now...5 6 8 events later...no problems no sagging no dropping. no problems.

its obvious you dont know much about coilovers.
save your breath on a reply

stance has done nothing but good stuff for me and people i knwo who run them
you sound just like a whiney baby.

i need tires
11-02-2007, 02:29 PM
what the fuck
you dropping my name?
who the hell are you?
i HAD that problem
i did it at the track that one time and now...5 6 8 events later...no problems no sagging no dropping. no problems.

omg! i love this comment!

thank you for gettin the point i saw to why this guy made this thread!
also the OFF ROAD use comment is PERFECT once you take these coilovers and drive them on the street/drift on them.. you take away their reliablitly.. thats why only broke ppl or ppl with deep pockets drift because they understand that things can break when u take them out of their elements!

NOW STFU! and drive on those shitty Megans! :bigok:

Nachtmensch
11-02-2007, 05:32 PM
what the fuck
you dropping my name?
who the hell are you?
i HAD that problem

:bowrofl:

well said. hahaha +rep

homegaragespl
11-03-2007, 08:30 PM
who cares about the sleeves, you guys are sooooo.. missing the point.

The main topic, got a defective coilover. Try to get replacement. Didnt get any customer service.

homegaragespl
11-03-2007, 08:42 PM
what the fuck
you dropping my name?
who the hell are you?
i HAD that problem

well, since you are so well known on zilvia, there are many people who knows who you are. Just using it as an example. And you have HAD the problem. If you dont like ppl dropping your name its fine, ive deleted.

If you say I dont know much about coilovers, ITS OK, im not going to argue. But the fact of the matter is, the coilover IS defective. I know I didnt break it.

Its good to hear that stance has done good stuff for you and your friend. I hope they will do something good for me too. As of now, nothing yet.

If you think im like a whiney baby, sure, why not..
Im out a thousand and some odd bux, i think i have the right to complain and bitch like a baby...unless someone wanna buy my defective coilovers for like 1g or so...I wont complain. I start a thread about the wonderful person who heard my "cry" and helped me out.

Dousan_PG
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
show pics of this 'broken' part
ive tracked these puppies for so many events and they are rock solid

if u already posted it, i msut have missed it
please show me again.

i need tires
11-03-2007, 08:51 PM
who cares about the sleeves, you guys are sooooo.. missing the point.

The main topic, got a defective coilover. Try to get replacement. Didnt get any customer service.

still hard for me to believe about this customer service thing.. i called Stance the other day to ask them about the changes they made with their GR+3 coilovers and they were there to answer the questions...

i need tires
11-03-2007, 08:52 PM
and dude wtf is up with you giving me bad rep and calling me a ricer lol i told you i am a ricer no reason to give me bad rep because of it! haha get over your fucking self!

homegaragespl
11-03-2007, 09:01 PM
dousan PG:

so you want me to show you a pic of the shock/strut?

Its stuck. It wont go down anymore. I dunno how it can show you anything.
On the outside, it still looks new. take off the top mount, and spring. and try to compress the damper, its hard as a rock.

Took off the other side, to double check, looks exactly the same, but that one DOES compress.

want me to make a video? So you would bring it to the attention of Stance, and have them send me a replacement? Im surprised that this hasnt got their attention yet. If they would just call me back, I wouldnt even be here wasting my time, ranting about stance. Instead I would be a happy camper like yourself.

to i need tires:
you admit that you are a ricer in one of your first posts.
Also, you keep insulting me, and thats quite annoying.
I felt that its unnecessary you make such posts.

EDacIouSX
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
and dude wtf is up with you giving me bad rep and calling me a ricer lol i told you i am a ricer no reason to give me bad rep because of it! haha get over your fucking self!

why is it hard for you to believe? Do you naturally not trust people?

i need tires
11-03-2007, 09:17 PM
homegaragespl:
yes i admitted i am.. sweet no reason to give me bad rep because of it like i said.

EdaciousX:
no its not hard for me to trust people.. but just doesnt seem like something Stance would do, or has done.

im not sure when he refers to Stance if he is actually all the Stance wearhouse in Illinois.. or is he referring to the place he got his coilovers and they are being shady.

Dousan_PG
11-03-2007, 09:19 PM
does it not go down more because u are maxed out on the lowness?
or does it not go down because its cross threaded?
have u done the usual pb blaster and such?
have u sent STANCE/Touge Factory pics vids etc etc etc

or negotiated sending it back so they can try and fix it?
or u dealing w/ thepoeple u bought it thru?

i need tires
11-03-2007, 09:24 PM
does it not go down more because u are maxed out on the lowness?
or does it not go down because its cross threaded?
have u done the usual pb blaster and such?
have u sent STANCE/Touge Factory pics vids etc etc etc

or negotiated sending it back so they can try and fix it?
or u dealing w/ thepoeple u bought it thru?

these are some good things to try.

Dousan_PG
11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
i just re=read
u were dealing w/ them directly
you email them often?
email can work good because phoneskinda suck sometimes
but get names and shit
always document
u might tyr and hit up some of the TF employees on various boards
thats usually a good way too.

to get stuff replaced with naerly ANY company is hard. its like getting refunds when u over pay for shit. takes 2 seconds to cash it and 4 months to get the $$ back

welcome to the real world
any company is like this
haha
life sucks.
never live paycheck to paycheck

anyawys enough 'dad' talk
just keep calling and emailing them.
posting here probably wont do much
most people dont have this problem so u wont get much love or sympathy from most.
bad mouthing a comapny never really helps anyone.

Flybert
11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
So you're saying the damper is messed up? Try bolting it all back up and lower the spring perches really low so that the spring is free to droop. Then put a jack under the LCA or wheel and jack it up. See if it moves up.

homegaragespl
11-03-2007, 11:39 PM
The car wasnt that low. Didnt max out.
I dont have names, its been such a long time.
First time i talked to the cust rep, they switched me to the R&D department.
The guy told me to get the order number for the purchase, they said they would replace it. Didnt have it at the time. AFter i got the number, called back time and time again. Either didnt pick up, or had to leave a msg/call back #. Like I said, never got a call back, nor got to speak that R&D rep ever again.

Im not really bad mouthing Stance coilovers, I mean, they have the good parts, like when you order the GR+, they gave you 2 sets of springs, I was like wow. thats awesome. The ride was better than megans.

I know all companies have defects. I have tried, for quite sometime about 1 month-2 calling them directly to get the problem fix. I mean, if they fixed the problem, and replace the bad coilover, I wouldnt be here ranting about stance and their company.

Since, this is the review forum, and everyone totally overrate stance being the best stuff in the world, next to silk road and what not, like how I USED TO believe. Im just a disappointed consumer, who is telling it like how it is.

If you had a good experience with stance or TF, well good for you. Your good experience with them isnt really helping me in this case. Because I read endless good things about stance, and bought a set. I know things dont ALWAYS turn out the way you want it. Ok, i accept that. This thread is to inform people that "i got stances, and it wasnt as good for me"

HOWEVER....
ty all for the advise. Will try to bother TF to get problem fix.

I dont wanna start anymore crap with anyone for any reason. It is how it is. If you have a problem about any of my posts. Let me know through PM, maybe we can work something out.

Edgar
11-04-2007, 10:31 AM
never live paycheck to paycheck

best quote EVER :rofl:

tougemaster
11-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Never got problem with HKS.... used mine for about year now 5 events also daily for about 6000 still in good condition i was pretty suprise.

The Riot Hero
11-04-2007, 12:16 PM
call the crap out of them. im sure youll get a response. maybe ask for dave directly?

stance > megan x932865

LoanShark
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
my personal exp w/ TF, I called them to ask about an item ordered and Scott picked up right away. maybe rang 2-3 times but, still got a hold of somebody and was helpful with my inquiry. The one other time, they called to tell me an item was out of stock etc. So...I don't know...whatever

This isn't calling you a liar or anything. Just MY experience w/ TF. They're 2hrs ahead of you so...you know...timezone thing.

KiDyNomiTe
11-05-2007, 05:15 AM
I am too lazy to look fully into this but there is no girl at STANCE or TF, someone from the other company may have picked up the phone. There is no answering machine. If you left a message with someone it was not a worker of TF or STANCE.

Edgar
11-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Simba, do you not work there anymore?

Fusion726
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140603

edit this is simba and no i dont work there anymore.

KiDyNomiTe
11-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey, Homogarage> Do you work for Megan or getting paid to do this or something? If it is....shame on you and megan.

On your first post on Oct,31,10am You said you went from Megan Street to Stance and was thinking of going to Megan Track. Then on post #7 Less than 2 hrs, you went from megan to Stance to megan track??

Wow...if you're going to blatantly bad mouth something, get your story straight. Now you look like a dumbass.

Having worked at Stance, we never say to our customers to hold for "R&D department", and we definitely don't say, someone is in a meeting. And you can't leave a message, because they don't have an answering machine!.

Knowing the owner of Stance, he's not going to hide away or tries to play down low or pretend nothing is going on. If there is a problem, call and explain the problem and see what can be done. Its that simple.

As far as performance of megan...don't even start. Dyno that sh*t out of the box and dyno it again a month later. See the damping force poop to the floor, shows how good their tolerance and seals are...
Ok, I'm done.

s13Dr1ft
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
This kid fails. TF kick ass guys.

Edgar
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Simba For President 2008 nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

homegaragespl
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey, Homogarage> Do you work for Megan or getting paid to do this or something? If it is....shame on you and megan.

On your first post on Oct,31,10am You said you went from Megan Street to Stance and was thinking of going to Megan Track. Then on post #7 Less than 2 hrs, you went from megan to Stance to megan track??

Wow...if you're going to blatantly bad mouth something, get your story straight. Now you look like a dumbass.

Having worked at Stance, we never say to our customers to hold for "R&D department", and we definitely don't say, someone is in a meeting. And you can't leave a message, because they don't have an answering machine!.

Knowing the owner of Stance, he's not going to hide away or tries to play down low or pretend nothing is going on. If there is a problem, call and explain the problem and see what can be done. Its that simple.

As far as performance of megan...don't even start. Dyno that sh*t out of the box and dyno it again a month later. See the damping force poop to the floor, shows how good their tolerance and seals are...
Ok, I'm done.

i dont work for megan
i dont think megans are that good of a coilovers. they ride like shit. But its affortable. And works for drifting. And lets leave it there.

Check it out, heres what happen EXACTLY.

At the track, WSIR, balcony, went for a run. car felt funny, heard some noise int he rear... pit, checked out the car, took of the wheel, nothing was bent, nothing was wrong. Continued to drift, still made the noise. Went back home, Next day...checked out the suspension parts again, nothing was wrong. Didnt change anything except coilovers, at that time, coilovers were barely 1 month old. So tried the bounce test, right side was hella stiff in the rear...took the coilover out, tried to compress it, didnt happen. Took of the other side, did the same thing, it was completely different.

Took it to R1 Motors in Alhambra, brother shop to JPR Motorsport.
They confirmed that shock was the problem.

Next day...called STANCE...a GUY picked up, told him what happend, they switched me to the R&D department. Some guy, picked up, someone mentioned a DAVE in a previous post, i think thats who it was. Sounds hella familiar. He said get the invoice number, and call him back.

2 days later, got the invoice number. Tried calling STANCE, NO ONE PICKED UP. I KNOW THERES NO FREAKIN ANSWERING MACHINE.

Didnt want to wait, so called up TOUGE FACTORY, a GIRL picked up, I asked if STANCE and TOUGE FACTORY was the same company, she said YES. So I explained to her that I needed to get a warranty issue taken care of, she said, the guys that can help me ARE IN A MEETING. I LEFT A MSG with HER.

Never got a call back. Called back a couple of times leaving phone number with a rep who couldnt help me.

And here we are.

KiDyNomiTe, you know what? One of the main reason why I though stance was so great was partly because you always said stance was awesome. And how good it was. So I took your word for it. Instead of being a little nicer and offer some help, since you know them and support them...you start being a dick and throw out false accusations. All I can say is, I am very disappointed in you.

Someone has kind enough to help me out on this forum. Im not going to "name drop" anyone unless they want me to.

I hope the problem gets fix soon.

good0177
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
what ever happened to this? I ask because I am considering purchasing the GR+ Pro coils and am trying to get as much info. about them, the company, cust. svc., etc. Did everything work out in the end?

!Zar!
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I never had trouble with Stance/TF They were cool with me and always made sure to help.

4bangers
01-15-2008, 01:51 AM
so did stance fix their camber plate/pillow ball problem yet? I'm debating between KTS and Stance GR+

Edgar
01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
so did stance fix their camber plate/pillow ball problem yet? I'm debating between KTS and Stance GR+

I think Simba said no in a post, I would contact them to see.

trust hks
01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
They fixed the issue a while back.

They were quick to fix that