PDA

View Full Version : MAF Problem?

Turtle
10-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey well I did a swap from auto to manual, well I ran it hard and, it wouldn't pass 4k RPM. So I swapped over my bro's MAF and it ran like a dream. I then switched my MAF back and it passed the 4k easily. Now, when I run my car it like pulls nasty, like if it suddenly wants to stop on hard accelaration. Making my neck hurt because makes our heads go front and back while it does that. Could it be the MAF or is the clutch slipping and I need to adjust the pedal?

Z U L8R
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
not the clutch slipping. clutch slipping your motor revs fine , your car just doesn't accelerate with the reving.

does it jerk as soon as soon as you hit 1lb of boost?, if so then you probably forgot to tighten up an intercooler clamp. if you get in boost and it pulls hard then suddenly everything just quits, then you definately need to turn your boost down, and i'd recommend you check your timing that it's not too far advanced cause if you keep on doing that, you'll be putting pistons in it in no time. gl, hopefully it's just an intercooler clamp. maybe without changing anything you can try your bro's maf again then go for a longer test drive just to see.
Dave =]