PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems

lovely240
10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
:confused: Ok, so I have a 1989 Hatch.
its a salvaged title so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Lately its been idling really funky, when i first star it its fine, but then it starts idling past 7 rpm and goes as far down as 3 rpm. When i drive it, it has a hard time getting into first gear. I push on the gas to go but it just feels like it gets flooded with gas and the rpms goes down below 3. it does that eveytime im letting off first gear. Im thinking that it could be the injectors, injector plugs or the throdle sensor. I honestly dont know and Im stumped. If you have any ideas, let me know.
If I can't resolve this problem then Im thinking that I need to buy another engine, so if anyone knows anyone selling one let me know. :wtf:

fwuffy squirrel
10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
lol okay im a little confused. It idles past 7rpm uhh....you cant mean 7 because my car idles at 1000 and you cant mean 7000 because that is where the car redlines. Please be more descriptive.

And when you say "it just feels like it gets flooded with gas" do you mean it struggles? If so then you could possibly have a vacuum leak. I did and every time I would press the gas the car would struggle and go even lower rpm.

lovely240
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
it idles funky, it doesnt stay at the norm, it just goes up and down and feels like its gonna die on me while its just sitting there.
it struggles alot to get first gear.
i try to pump the gas but that only makes it worse, i have to just press down on the gas and let go of the clutch a little bit until it gets it. :zzz:

lol okay im a little confused. It idles past 7rpm uhh....you cant mean 7 because my car idles at 1000 and you cant mean 7000 because that is where the car redlines. Please be more descriptive.

And when you say "it just feels like it gets flooded with gas" do you mean it struggles? If so then you could possibly have a vacuum leak. I did and every time I would press the gas the car would struggle and go even lower rpm.

lovely240
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
also feels like its running rich, the leak sounds like it might be the problem, ill have to check that out

Skullavera
11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
So was this fixed? I'm thinking it's a vacuum leak as well.

69datsun510
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm guessing a rich condition too. Check injectors and fuel pressure regulator. May want to check O2 sensor. Check for vacuum leaks first, then the fuel pressure regulator, then the injectors. For more ideas search rich condition.