PDA

View Full Version : when removing intake mani..

clutch kick drifter
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
on a blacktop when im taking off the intake mani is there anything underneath i need to take off? Ive got fuel lines.. injectors... and all the other shit taken off up top but someone told me theres a bracket and i couldent find it underneat?

MURPHY
10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
under the intake mani there should be a big black bracket... and the other pain in the ass is theres 2 hidden 12mm bolts holding it on

thats for a ka but pretty sure bracket is the same

clutch kick drifter
10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
so how or where should i look

fliprayzin240sx
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Look directly on the side of the intake manifold, there should be a bracket supporting the manifold to the block right by the oil filter. If you dont see it, its already gone. To take the manifold off, disconnect the fuel lines to the injectors, water lines and hose to the AICV, vacuum lines, PCV line, and brake booster line.

statik
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Make sure you have all the coolant lines off, 2 to the TB, 2 to the IACV, disconnect the IACV plug, the IACV hose to the cold pipe.

Theres 2 brackets the hold on the intake plenum, one large black bracket around the motor mount/starter, 3 14mm bolts, then theres another smaller bracket thats under the TB near the alternator.

clutch kick drifter
10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
thank god!! The bracket and all the other bullshit was already taken off... guess who ever rebuilt the motor prior to me getting it took it off!!! WOO HOO ahaha
Is there anything under there i can remove to clean up the wiring mess? What about those two big ass plugs that go from the middle of the mani to the block?

Neejay
11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Man...

How the hell do you take off/loosen the front rod-like bracket? I already took off the bracket by the motor mount, and the front one doesn't have any bolts on there. I see/feel a spot for only 2 bolts on it, which are gone. Am I missing a bolt on the rod-like bracket?