PDA

View Full Version : Gas Wierd!!!

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 02:30 AM
my car is a 89hatch with 5spd tranny and 96motor...

i have 2 ecu's a 91'5spd and a 91'automatic so i had my 91'ecu installed in my car and filled my tank up 2 days ago and im almost on empty and juss driving around the city a lil speeding here and there but should it waste that much that fast???

so two weeks ago i had the 91'automatic ecu installed juss to test it out cause it has top speed limiter removed and suppose to save more gas lol and it actually does i went a whole week driving my car around the city and speeding here and there and i was almost empty but the gas lasted a whole week...

so why is it that the 91' 5spd ecu waste almost a full tank in 2days and a 91' automatic ecu saved me gas for almost 7days???

kandyflip445
10-23-2007, 02:56 AM
Learn to use capitalization and sentence structure and I'll come back and maybe try to help.

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 03:11 AM
wth? are u a english teacher or what??? im juss tryin to ask a question im not asking to correct my grammar or sentences or anything im not tryin to make an essay or anything its juss watever Mr. Perfect English Teacher.. HAHAHA

kandyflip445
10-23-2007, 03:38 AM
It's cause you're stupid ass doesn't post a readable topic that we don't answer. Fucking moron. I hope you act like a dumbass and drift in to a wall and die.

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 03:58 AM
same to u bro i hope it happens 10x worse to u hope u flip on the highway or something and burn alive!!!... if u dont like my grammar then dont repost to threads u lame!

LigouriRd
10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Welcome to zilvia...something sumthing sumpin bout heat and stay of the kitchen.

Anyhow. Try the auto ecu again and verify gain in mpg. Might be that your o2 sensor is going bad just when you switched ecu's. I caint imagine that the auto ecu would be shooting for different closed loop air/fuel ratios than the manual. Unless since you were speeding around a lot, the open loop condition is a lot richer with the manual. Stock ecu's are tuned conservatively for na, gains can be made by leaning out a little bit.

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
i have the auto ecu installed now.. and i see that it saves me alot more gas then the manual ecu but a friend of mine had tuned the auto ecu to save more gas and remove top speed limiter before he gave it to me iono how he did it... but i do save more gas and i dont stop at 115mph anymore i go past that now..

so having the auto ecu in my car is that bad for it since its originally a 5spd?

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
thanks for the good reply 'LigouriRD'

UNISA JECS
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Are you running the correct TPS with the correct ECU??? You know there are difference with the both of them

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 04:08 PM
wth? are u a english teacher or what??? im juss tryin to ask a question im not asking to correct my grammar or sentences or anything im not tryin to make an essay or anything its juss watever Mr. Perfect English Teacher.. HAHAHA

HAHAHAH I can only laugh no im put sorry.

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Really the TPS? which is the the sensor on the side of the throttle body??
i needed an s13 one when i was doin the swap so i juss went and got one off i think it was a 93 coupe convertable...

but im running a 91harness and a 91ecu so do i have to get the s14 96'TPS?
or the s13 91'TPS?
help me out so what do i need to do?

JRwerks
10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
so right now im runnig a Automatic ECU with an Automatic TPS sensor...
do i need a Manual TPS sensor to run a Manual ECU???