PDA

View Full Version : stockish sr20det...how hard does it pull?

unicoladron
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
hey guys,

I've been waiting forever for my driveshaft, and since i still havn't gotten a chance to test drive my swap..i must ask:

how hard did/does your s13 SR20 pull with the following:

3" stainless exhaust (tubular mani if it really makes a difference with divorced dump pipe and cat delete)
stock smic
hks airfilter
stock turbo (boost at about 12psi with mbc)
walbro
timing at 15 degrees
no ac, no ps
toda flywheel (if you have any other aftermarket flywheel, feel free to post)
stage 2 clutch (i have an exedy installed)
93 octane

so again, i'm not asking you guys pushing 300+ rwhp with big injectors, turbos, tunes, etc. basically how's the power with the basic bolt ons.

yeah i tried searching but this isn't too taxing on the brain, so let me know guys.

your setup doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same either.

thanks!

!Zar!
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
How exactly is one to answer this? I mean really...

It feels great compared to a stock ka.

Glad to see you're excited about getting the swap done. Just don't think about it too much. Over think it and you won't get what you expect.

tiresmokes13
10-22-2007, 06:44 PM
you should be happy if its all done correctly and the motor is healthy.

nissanguy13
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Why are you pushing 12lbs on stock injector, mafs, etc?

!Zar!
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
The same reason why he wants to heatsoak the smic?

s13Eper
10-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Stock boost IS 11-12psi via the STOCK electronic boost control solenoid. And yes, stockish sr's are quick if in good running condition. I've been happy with my stock power output for a couple years now. It's not the fastest thing in town but it's very fun to drive!

statik
10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Why are you pushing 12lbs on stock injector, mafs, etc?

uh, whats wrong with 12psi with stock injectors/maf?

ho1ywars
10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
its going to pull hard enough that your going to feel like a little kid again seeing his first set of boobies. get a driveshaft dude!

daryl337
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
stock boost is 7 psi. stock boost WITHOUT the boost control solenoid CAN creep up to 11 psi.. but that is all besides the point.

The stock SR with those mods should help you "pull" your way into a low 14/high 13 quarter... which is about the same as swapping a GSR into your old civic coupe.

Notice I turned numbers into hondarian... since I rarely hear people talk about how a car "pulls" anymore. Haha. Hondarian is my way of speaking "idiot". :P

... jk jk!!

...not.

mrmephistopheles
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Stock boost IS 11-12psi via the STOCK electronic boost control solenoid. And yes, stockish sr's are quick if in good running condition. I've been happy with my stock power output for a couple years now. It's not the fastest thing in town but it's very fun to drive!

It's 10psi. If you don't know, don't spread misinformation.
.7 bar.

Actually now that I think about it, it might even be .65 bar. I can't remember.

((sr)) kelly
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
itll spool quick with the t25 and smic! your power band is going to fall off early tho...

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
dude its gonna be super fast ill give u da def. in a lil bit
i have somewhat the same set up as u
exedy stg 2 clutch +exedy flywheel+nismo cams+ apexi power intake+ megan turbo back exhaust + megan downpipe+ stock boost (LOL)

and idk how much horsepower that is
but i ran an sti with intake , exhaust , and downpipe
and i kept up with it the whole way
i lost by 1 freaken car

so that gives u an idea man

k's_silvia2.0
10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
dude its gonna be super fast ill give u da def. in a lil bit
i have somewhat the same set up as u
exedy stg 2 clutch +exedy flywheel+nismo cams+ apexi power intake+ megan turbo back exhaust + megan downpipe+ stock boost (LOL)

and idk how much horsepower that is
but i ran an sti with intake , exhaust , and downpipe
and i kept up with it the whole way
i lost by 1 freaken car

so that gives u an idea man

:squint: Hmm that seems unlikely cause my roomate has an STI stock with Hks hi-power, and suspension and I have a s13 coupe with the following.Redtop sr stock boost,Hks DD intake,hks BOV,Greddy vspl,blitz down pipe,blitz test pipe,blitz exhaust,ACT stage 2 clutch,B&N short shifter, And when we race he just pulls away?Im not a n00b at drinving so thats not the case.I also doubt that cams alone would give you powew to keep with an STi WRX I would belive cause I pull on those.

((sr)) kelly
10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
my old sr20 was sorta quick... could get to 90 before my friends type s could get to 75

s13Eper
10-22-2007, 08:35 PM
.7 bar.

Please forgive me if I was incorrect. MY complete stock redtop front clip swap runs 11-12psi (autometer boost gauge =/) depending on outside temp. Back to the OP's question...

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
well k's silvia 2.0
idk man really i am being completely honest that is my set up and that was the sti's set up
and even my rpm's dont work :p
i guesss ima good driver for age 18?
hMMM..?
i doubt it lol but may be
u know
from 2nd gear i go all the way up to like 55mph before i shift to 3rd
straight out hanging on his ass the whole time
well the sti i ran has more mods than the one u ran
and u seem 2 have just the front mount intercooler more than me which is a big + more horsepower
i think it may be the driving diferences it also depends a lot on that
and my sr pulls nice no lie. i was told i got it with 43,400 sumthing on the motor and thats how it feels like it ever since ive been going with those numbers maybe its a newer motor?? pshh i dont know Lol
thats very odd though ..HMMM
any input u guys???

drifter_for_life06
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
1989 rps13 your full of it.....sorry to burst your bubble.....or your sti friend was toying with you

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
lmao @ drifter for life06
not even i know what happened

you prob. dont even know how it feels to have an SR
:]

dont be jealous man

why would i lie??
i wouldnt i stated i lost and not ashamed
im proud
u can say what u want to say
it frankly got me mad
but its all good cause i know my shit is fast!!

Tops*
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
well k's silvia 2.0
idk man really i am being completely honest that is my set up and that was the sti's set up
hMMM..?
u know
and u seem 2 have just the front mount intercooler more than me which is a big + more horsepower
and my sr pulls nice no lie. i was told i got it with 43,400 sumthing on the motor and thats how it feels like it ever since ive been going with those numbers maybe its a newer motor?? pshh i dont know Lol
any input u guys???

I don't know man. STi's are quick. Since it's from a roll, there's no disadvantage, you being RWD, but still...

That reminds me, I'm going to roll race against my friend's WRX this weekend (he's too pussy to launch :hahano: better for me anyway). I'm guessing I'll take him by a car or two.

I'm happy with my 'stockish' SR. I'm going to up my boost to 10-12 pretty soon (just bought a Profec E-01 from Shawn).

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah sti's are quick man but theyre only fast on the low gears once they get to higher gears they tend to slow down ...no lie
my friend said it himself that he would straight out rip a new hole on my ass from a roll if we were both in 2nd gear and he was right the whole time i was playing catch up by being 1 car behind him

me too im happy with my stockish sr
will do for a couple of yearss hopefully :]
it starts and idles smoothly although i think i need to replace my timing chain cause i hear strange noises
but other than that mofo pulls hard :p

AutoKA24DE
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
you're gonna pull 30 cars on other cars (with no reference to time or distance of course) compared to your KA.

i'm just kidding.

you should know that there is more to your car than its straight line abilities and peak power numbers. drivability, power delivery, and response are huge factors that always get overlooked when drag racing etc.

that being said, i'm sure it'll feel great.

k's_silvia2.0
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
well k's silvia 2.0
hMMM..?
u know
any input u guys???

Hmm your 18 right?Well ive have been driving since I was 17 and im 21 now so I Can say that my drving is good.Also if your a good driver RPM's dont even matter.Also how can anyone tell how many miles a motor has without the original cluster or having it imported themselves.I could also claim that my motor had X amount of miles but I dont know.Also my roommates's STI has full suspension which will impact performance better than and axhasut,intake yadayada.Also STI will govern at 155-160 and im sure you govern at like 130-135.You cant compare an STI to your sr C'mon dude.

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
of course u cant compare an sti for an sr
but if you compare an sti for 30k +
and a total spent of 5,700 w/ da car = being able to keep up with it

it makes me smile :]
eh?
i didnt have to shift to 5th gear till like 100-110 cant remember
and i was able to do 130+ in the freeway and i still didnt hear it redline

dont matter how long uve been driving actually
some are just gifted in driving ( im not saying i am)
i am just saying that theyre may be a person who is able just to dominate driving and is great at it
i agree with the mileage on the motor i wouldnt be certain either thats what sucks bout having a swapped engine :/
makes me wanna save up cash and get a descent car that will get me around + get me some more chicks + an alright quick ride........
most girls dont know what a 240 is
really they be like oh i like ur car what kind is it!??
and im like oh 240sx and they be like ohh yeah??
i like the mitsubishi evo
gah damn
and they be some hot mamaas
anywho im writing to much
but to tell the guy who postd this thread
u'll love driving an SR over the KA anyday!!! :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]!!!!!!!!!

k's_silvia2.0
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
of course u cant compare an sti for an sr
but if you compare an sti for 30k +
and a total spent of 5,700 w/ da car = being able to keep up with it

it makes me smile :]
eh?
i didnt have to shift to 5th gear till like 100-110 cant remember
and i was able to do 130+ in the freeway and i still didnt hear it redline

dont matter how long uve been driving actually
some are just gifted in driving ( im not saying i am)
i am just saying that theyre may be a person who is able just to dominate driving and is great at it
i agree with the mileage on the motor i wouldnt be certain either thats what sucks bout having a swapped engine :/
makes me wanna save up cash and get a descent car that will get me around + get me some more chicks + an alright quick ride........
most girls dont know what a 240 is
really they be like oh i like ur car what kind is it!??
and im like oh 240sx and they be like ohh yeah??
i like the mitsubishi evo
gah damn
and they be some hot mamaas
anywho im writing to much
but to tell the guy who postd this thread
u'll love driving an SR over the KA anyday!!! :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!Your sr is no different from other sr's so check your ego and in a couple years youll be a decent driver.Having your license for a year cant teach you much.Look into track events there is where the skills are.

blu808
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Stockish Sr pulls like the song chocolate rain sounds.

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
to : k'sivla

damn man well i guess my SR came different then yours then :p
wow theres a big age difference from 18-21
besides the fucken drinking age limit
but fuck it
dont mean that u can drive better cuz ur 21
shitt.
maybe u need 2 look into track events
i know... i am not saying that i am the greatest driver or anything like that
but damn seriously with those mods for ur sr
and u couldnt hang?
idk...really..
idk
:)

blu808
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM

but fuck it
shitt.
and u couldnt hang?
idk...really..
idk

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/emo.jpg
http://www.ceiling-cat.com/ceilingcat.jpg
http://catmas.com/images/2006/12/monorail-cat-has-left-the-station.gif

burnsauto
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
my sr is in pretty good running order...pretty stockish right now, a few mods, but nothing i'd write home to about.

it'll be alot of fun, even at stock boost, especially if you're just used to your ka. it wont have that initial kick that the ka has, just because of the displacement difference, but the midrange is tons of fun.

its like a big boys go-kart.

DirtyS14
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I've got approx the same setup as described in the first post.

I will be making some videos of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls. I'll PM you when I do.

Its not that quick. but still nippy enough to have plenty of fun. Like someone said the power falls off with the little t25g.

Gutted S14, redtop det w/ supporting mods.:2f2f:

1989rps13
10-22-2007, 10:15 PM
ur soo funny blu808 i like how u spend ur time saving pics from the computer to post em up at comments
very mature
ehhehehe
you are soo cool
i wanna be liike you when i grow up

blu808
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
ur soo funny blu808 i like how u spend ur time saving pics from the computer to post em up at comments
very mature
ehhehehe
you are soo cool
i wanna be liike you when i grow up

I didnt save any of these pics. I just googled them.

lol. Kids these days.

superduner
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
haha Daaaang This is one funny arguement :P STI vs the SR .... no offence.. but im pretty damn shure the AWD TURBO on the subaru sti is more than enough, let alone the torque and HP difference between your two cars , far more than enough to leave you a good two cars from 0-90. That being said... i have a 91 hatchback LE.. with.. hmm lets see... NOTHING aftermarket other than eiback springs, 16'' super advan rims, rear camber adjusters, and some stabilizer bars. so all in all... im running STOCKNESS KA24DE .... and my car has been hitting 110 at 5.7 5.9K rpm in FOURTH ( 4th) gear ..... before the governor kicks in or whatever it is that causes the car to die out or bring the rev down.... so... i wounder if i took the governor off... and shifted to 5th... im getting the idea.. that my car... beign fulll out STOCK.. could almost, if not KEEP up with an SRDET... Wow.. if that were the case.. that is pretty pitifull of the SR's
MY CAR......
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/superduner/HTCH3.jpg

THE BAY
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/superduner/P1010026-1.jpg

MUCH CLOSER
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/superduner/P1010028.jpg

jskateborders
10-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Matching vc and wires make up for lack of turbo, so of course youd keep up with an sr

GabeS14
10-23-2007, 12:24 AM
and my car has been hitting 110 at 5.7 5.9K rpm in FOURTH ( 4th) gear ..... before the governor kicks in or whatever it is that causes the car to die out or bring the rev down.... so... i wounder if i took the governor off... and shifted to 5th... im getting the idea.. that my car... beign fulll out STOCK.. could almost, if not KEEP up with an SRDET... Wow..

hmmm, just because you hit 110 in fourth gear doesnt mean you can hit the 110mph mark as quick as an sr would, lol....:keke:
a Yaris could probably make it to 110 mph if you gave it enough time

blu808
10-23-2007, 01:42 AM
matching intake piping, radiator hoses, vacume lines, wiring, brake vacume booster make up for a sr. Right?

unicoladron
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
guys guys guys, i didn't want to start a forum fight! lol

thanks for posting, and i'll be sure to listen to chocolate rain in in the mean time hahaha

but yeah, you prob kept up with the sti with your SR at WOT but he was most likely driving like a grandma :boink:

but everyone's opinions are interesting, keep em coming

statik
10-23-2007, 07:05 AM
I didnt save any of these pics. I just googled them.

lol. Kids these days.

what is this google? will it fit my s14? i have teh sr if that helps

http://dynamicize.org/lolcat.jpg

usdm180sx
10-23-2007, 08:20 AM
I guess I'll chime in. This is my setup I just got for my s13:

Greddy Turbo Elbow
Greddy RAS
Blitz SS Downpipe
Blitz LM FMIC
Blitz Radiator cap
Blitz turbo timer
NISMO Motor and Transmission Mounts
NISMO Power Brace
Tomei Fuel Pump
HKS SSQV bov hotpipe kit for S13 SR20DET
HKS DD intake
HKS actuator
Defi Blue Racer Boost Gauge
Koyo Radiator
Samco radiator hoses

The actuator is set to 10 lbs. but with the supporting mods (fully open exhaust) it's boosting 11 lbs. I used to have an s13 that put out 341whp and 294 ft/lbs. It was really fast.

At 11lbs. my s13 feels pretty quick but of course nowhere near my s14. My guess is 200whp +/-10whp. The s13 will pull like mad in 5th gear on the freeway though. The car has no problems pegging the speedometer at the base past 110mph. The car feels light and the motor feels healthy.

Koopa Troopa
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
My 180 had a blacktop in it.. t25 with .9kg of boost, 256 cams, Buddy Club Spec II exhaust and a FMIC and it was slow as fuck. My friend's 182 whp Eg6 with a Toda stroked B16 would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

!Zar!
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
haha Daaaang This is one funny arguement :P STI vs the SR .... no offence.. but im pretty damn shure the AWD TURBO on the subaru sti is more than enough, let alone the torque and HP difference between your two cars , far more than enough to leave you a good two cars from 0-90. That being said... i have a 91 hatchback LE.. with.. hmm lets see... NOTHING aftermarket other than eiback springs, 16'' super advan rims, rear camber adjusters, and some stabilizer bars. so all in all... im running STOCKNESS KA24DE .... and my car has been hitting 110 at 5.7 5.9K rpm in FOURTH ( 4th) gear ..... before the governor kicks in or whatever it is that causes the car to die out or bring the rev down.... so... i wounder if i took the governor off... and shifted to 5th... im getting the idea.. that my car... beign fulll out STOCK.. could almost, if not KEEP up with an SRDET... Wow.. if that were the case.. that is pretty pitifull of the SR's
MY CAR......
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/superduner/HTCH3.jpg
5th isn't a power gear Mr. Wangan Master.

Wtf do you have overfenders and not cut out the inner fender, let alone get wheels that fit?

Er wait. I just re read your post. You think a ka24de could keep up with a sr20det? LOL. You're trippin balls.
Even more so, WTF are you even posting your car in a thread talking about how does an sr pull?

This isn't the, "Holla if you got a shitty car" thread. Shouldn't you go and prep your car for tonights meet or whatever you do?

Don't even think about getting butt hurt. Because you should've thought about the consequences of posting your car up and speaking blasphemy.

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
.7 bar.

Actually now that I think about it, it might even be .65 bar. I can't remember.
yeah your right its between .5 bar and .6 bar around 7 to 8 psi for all stock sr's

Tearlessj
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
My 180 had a blacktop in it.. t25 with .9kg of boost, 256 cams, Buddy Club Spec II exhaust and a FMIC and it was slow as fuck. My friend's 182 whp Eg6 with a Toda stroked B16 would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Your friend sir, is baller. 182 whp is some serious business in a Eg. I bet he wishes he would have went k-series now huh?

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
yeah your right its between .5 bar and .6 bar around 7 to 8 psi for all stock sr's

Geez... Completely stock JDM sr20det's run higher than 7-8psi. Yes, the WG is set to open at 7-8psi but the STOCK electronic boost controller raises that a few pounds.

usdm180sx
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Geez... Completely stock JDM sr20det's run higher than 7-8psi. Yes, the WG is set to open at 7-8psi but the STOCK electronic boost controller raises that a few pounds.

Sorry but that would be incorrect. Stock boost is 7lbs.

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry but that would be incorrect. Stock boost is 7lbs.

Wanna bet some $$$$ on that?

usdm180sx
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I just swapped in an sr20det on my s13. I bought an HKS actuator which is set at 10lbs. The FMIC, turbo elbow and full exhaust added another lb or so of boost. I also installed a boost gauge and it reads 11lbs at full boost. How much do you wanna bet?

McRussellPants
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Ugh, Junior is snapping the suspenders because he knows about the stock boost control solinoid.

It doesn't matter, 7lbs 11lbs its gonna be slow as fuck.

/thread

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Ugh, Junior is snapping the suspenders because he knows about the stock boost control solinoid.

It doesn't matter, 7lbs 11lbs its gonna be slow as fuck.

/thread

Junior? No, I wish. Probably the oldest person in this thread.

I'm not "snapping my suspenders". Just trying to do a favor by educating people when they are wrong or just misinformed. No disrespect intended.

Speed is relative. What's slow as f*** to you might be just right for someone else.

SHIFT_*grind*
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
How did this thread get reduced to high schoolers bench racing and bitching about their 3-4 psi difference in opinion of stock boost pressure?

Oh, that's right, it was headed there from post #1. My bad. As you were.

edit: How about someone posts a link to a source that states, definitely, what stock boost pressure is so the bickering can cease? =P

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Wanna bet some $$$$ on that?

I do!!!!
Just paypal me when you find out.:keke:

blu808
10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
what is this google? will it fit my s14? i have teh sr if that helps

http://dynamicize.org/lolcat.jpg

A google can take the place of a turbo. :ugh:

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM

but fuck it
shitt.
and u couldnt hang?
idk...really..
idk

To:1989rps13 :ghey:
Alright dude pay attention when I started driving I was 17 you were only 14ive had 5 different cars from a AT ford explorer to an.:loco: Still in middle school.I also didnt say I "couldn't hang" I just know how powerful STI's are.Like everyone said the STI was just humoring you.So till you gain some knowledge STFU!!! JEEEEZZZZ!!!!I mean you started a thread cause you coulnd't find a junkyard in Socal.:keke:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=161599

((sr)) kelly
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
i dont see why the STI claim is sooooo unbeleivable....

theres something called rotational mass .... the awd has a much higher rotational mass... so at high speeds, the awd puts down much less whp then at low speeds.... from a roll, sr20det with boltons and raised boost should be a good race...

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
^Its dude with sig's like your's that have that attitude.

JaeTea
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Everyone knows the SR is the greatest engine EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should actually come in every car ever made.

((sr)) kelly
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
^Its dude with sig's like your's that have that attitude.

CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPP

i keep forgetting to change it....

its a inside joke... i use that on my local forums...

i just wanted a sig fast

!Zar!
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Mmm. Yet to have a car beat my sti.

But then it isn't stock.

sr's suck.

haha.

13bt for life!

((sr)) kelly
10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
^ i like torque at decent rpms

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Everyone knows the SR is the greatest engine EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should actually come in every car ever made.
^You got a great sig.HAHAHA
CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPP

i keep forgetting to change it....

its a inside joke... i use that on my local forums...

i just wanted a sig fast

Oh cool I guess nice coupe.

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Mmm. Yet to have a car beat my sti.

But then it isn't stock.

sr's suck.

haha.

13bt for life!

13bt for only 70,000 miles then boom!!!:rofl: :rofl:
13bt's suck.

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 12:31 PM
How did this thread get reduced to high schoolers bench racing and bitching about their 3-4 psi difference in opinion of stock boost pressure?

Oh, that's right, it was headed there from post #1. My bad. As you were.

edit: How about someone posts a link to a source that states, definitely, what stock boost pressure is so the bickering can cease? =P

Post #3...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=62607 :bigok:

((sr)) kelly
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
13bt for only 70,000 miles then boom!!!:rofl: :rofl:
13bt's suck.

true story!!!

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I do!!!!
Just paypal me when you find out.:keke:

Ready to pay up? :)

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
^Are you?
Cause it says 7lbs w/o solenoid.
Which most motorsets dont come with.;)

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
^Are you?
Cause it says 7lbs w/o solenoid.
Which most motorsets dont come with.;)

The solenoid is part of the stock Nissan system. Therefore a stock sr20det runs ~11psi when it rolls off the factory line in Japan. Bone stock. How else do you define 'stock'? :loco:

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 12:54 PM
The solenoid is part of the stock Nissan system. Therefore a stock sr20det runs ~11psi when it rolls off the factory line in Japan. Bone stock. How else do you define 'stock'? :loco:

Well do you live in Japan?
I dont.Plus I got a motor swap not a silvia.
So it isn't "stock".

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Well do you live in Japan?
I dont.Plus I got a motor swap not a silvia.
So it isn't "stock".

So I guess if your motor swap didn't come with an ecu you'd assume that sr20's don't run at all when stock?

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 01:05 PM
^WTF?Im done playing with you.Your retarded.
*SIGH*People these day's.

dvdevo
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
isnt a stockish sr20 still a stockish motor. I assume it wont pull very hard. How are you measuring the hardness of this 'pull' you speak off also?

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
^WTF?Im done playing with you.
*SIGH*People these day's.

Sorry if I upset you. :cry:

SHIFT_*grind*
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Post #3...

Quoting some other random mook on this forum who said "stock boost is 11 lbs." doesn't count.

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Post #3...

^This dude is a clown

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
^This dude is a clown

Honestly I appologize if I came accross as a jerk. Wasn't my intention. It was just a friendly debate about a common sr misconception. Name calling is not needed.

k's_silvia2.0
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Honestly I appologize if I came accross as a jerk. Wasn't my intention. It was just a friendly debate about a common sr misconception. Name calling is not needed.

Sorry if I upset you.:cry:

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Quoting some other random mook on this forum who said "stock boost is 11 lbs." doesn't count.

Read the rest of the thread please. There is more about this issue than just post #3.

s13Eper
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry if I upset you.:cry:

You didn't upset me. I just hate to see an adult act like a 2yr old and resort to name calling when someone disagrees with him.

Seriously though, this thread has gotten wayyyyy off topic.

Z U L8R
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
STI's are slow.......^^....plus they sound like they're misfiring rofl, i wouldn't mind owning an sti though heh.

your car will pull like a mfing beast wewt! on a serious note, since you're getting started and you'll probably start modding your car.

first thing i'd recommend is some greddy or hks rocker arm stoppers ($60). i've seen a couple stock motors recently lose shims, float valves etc etc, $60 more for head insurance is well worth it

next thing is the package injectors, turbo, maf + tune upgrade. 550's, 28/71 or 30/71 , z32 maf and, safc2 will put you at an easy 350-400rwhp range. safc2 is fine for that (but you'll get a better powerband a little more power and better torque throughout with a standalone since you can adjust other things like timing as well as a/f ratios).

beyond 350-400 you'll start to break sr20 trannies just rolling into full boost, not even beating on em so that doesn't count abuse from drifting or autox or whatever you do. you can always run a z32 tranny and fabricate the flange for it to bolt up. then that sucker's good to 1000hp lol. my tuner does that pretty often for the faster sr20 guys if you ever need to go that route. Turbo Dave @ Mainstream Performance for teh win +1

that should be it. stock cams'll be fine for that hp range. if you want more, it'd be a good idea to beef up internals, but i'd start with improving air flow ie GReddy intake manifold, etc etc etc

basically stock maf is good to 270ish hp, i wouldn't recommend going passed that without upgrading to a z32. for the stock 370cc injectors don't go passed 14psi. right now your biggest restriction is your intercooler which i wouldn't take passed 12psi. you could get a fmic and a boost controller and turn it up to 14psi (93octane) with a fmic and make 240rwhp on the stock setup t25.

anywho good luck, and never ever ever ever get a manual boost controller if you're gonna push your motor to the border of "i know i should really get XYZ since i'm doing ABC but so far it hasn't given me a problem" i'll hurt you lol

ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER FOR TEH WIN!!!
cough* internal wastegate sux *cough rofl

good luck with your car man. i'm bored at work so i'm generous with the free advice :P

take it ez,
Dave =]

rms13_DRIFT
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
hey guys,

I've been waiting forever for my driveshaft, and since i still havn't gotten a chance to test drive my swap..i must ask:

how hard did/does your s13 SR20 pull

I like the way my car pulls and its not heavily modded at all, I have a Blacktop SR, mitsu EVO IV fmic, 255 walbro fuel pump, aluminum radiator (koyo knock off), 3" jic downpipe, 2.5" resonator, 3" cat back exhaust. We dyno'd my car with 91 octane and it did 200 whp 198 ft/lbs. I dont know at what psi because i dont have a boost gauge, i always thought it was 7psi stock, and you can take it up to 12psi with a boost controller.
IDK, just get your driveshaft already and drive it!

ThatGuy
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
This thread is completely off topic and useless at this point.

:lockd: