PDA

View Full Version : Two Brake Questions

rocksteady_racer
10-21-2007, 08:16 PM
1. 90 240sx with 300zx Brakes
I have a 1990 240sx with a 300zx front brake conversion. It drives and stops fine. The problem only occurs when I fully stop. Say I hold the brake down as I'm stopping then all of a sudden the steering wheel will yank to the right side all the way. I thought this was really weird since it only does it when fully stopped. Any help would be appreciated.

2. 91 240sx with stock brakes
I also have a 1991 with stock brakes. It drives fine also but when you start applying the brakes there is a noticeble shutter in the pedal. The guy I bought it off said he just replaced the pads. So I thought they weren't seated all the way or something so I pressed them down when it was off and no luck. It occurs at all speeds. My Sentra only does it above 60mph which I think is also odd. Well anyone help would b greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

OptionZero
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
#2 = warped rotor possibly, or just pads/rotors not properly broken in

5t341tH
10-21-2007, 10:40 PM
^^ i second that.

PhilthyS13
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
1. Your lca bushings might be shot. My car did the exact same thing until I replaced the driver front after hitting a curb. It would turn to the left just before I came to a complete stop. I actually didn't know until I went to get an alignment.

2. Something could be loose or not put back together right per:
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

racepar1
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
The second question is definitely warped rotors. When the fronts are warped the steering wheel shakes under braking, when the rears are warped the pedal shakes under braking. On the first question does it only happen occasionaslly? My car will do that every once in a while when there are grooves in the pavement right in front of the light and I am not lined up with them.

rocksteady_racer
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
It does it all the time not just occasionally. So I guess it is warped rotors then. Thanks for all your help guys.
The second question is definitely warped rotors. When the fronts are warped the steering wheel shakes under braking, when the rears are warped the pedal shakes under braking. On the first question does it only happen occasionaslly? My car will do that every once in a while when there are grooves in the pavement right in front of the light and I am not lined up with them.