PDA

View Full Version : Cometic CA18DET 85mm .065 headgasket

gotta240
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Anything wrong with using this on a stock ca18det?

I need to replace the headgasket anyways, so is it cool to use this one? Was going to use a factory hg, but this cometic is like 65 bucks which is cheaper or same as oem anyhow..

Not sure about the .065 thickness. Also, is this a pure metal headgasket that will require a ABSOLUTE PERFECT serface on head and block?(meaning deck the block)

thanks in advance for any answers/opinions

240trainee
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Anything wrong with using this on a stock ca18det?

I need to replace the headgasket anyways, so is it cool to use this one? Was going to use a factory hg, but this cometic is like 65 bucks which is cheaper or same as oem anyhow..

Not sure about the .065 thickness. Also, is this a pure metal headgasket that will require a ABSOLUTE PERFECT serface on head and block?(meaning deck the block)

thanks in advance for any answers/opinions

The cometic HG tends to be very tempermental if there is not a fresh surface on the head or the block. You can try it with Copper Spray, but unless you have both head and block surfaces fresh, it might not seal.

vipi0
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
wow where did you find that deal ? i payed about 135.00

gotta240
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Its actually on this site. Thats why i'm leaning away from the factory....

However, it seems like having the block/head surfaced properly may cost me mUCH MORE than just getting an oem...

Opinions?

Also, its cool to use factory head bolts on a cometic...right? (dont see why it wouldn't be, but had to ask.)