PDA

View Full Version : Very OT:  about printer inks

silvia S13
09-21-2002, 01:11 PM
As some of you know, ink cartridges are very expensive, but on Ebay, you see them for a couple dollars, what could be the difference between the expensive ones and cheap ones?  By the way, I am talking about the black inks.

Potatoskins02
09-21-2002, 09:46 PM
is the ink cartridge a name brand item? normally buying cheaper ones as substitutes won't really matter with quality. However, on ebay and if they're cheap you never know if they might refill an old cartridge, reseal it and then sell it. If you're not sure i would just buy one and see how it is especially if it is cheap.

Tricky1980
09-21-2002, 09:55 PM
most of the time if it isnt from the same manufacturer as your printer it is a refilled cartridge with recycled ink in it... and if you have a newer printer not sure when it started but they have a "chip" system that knows if a cartridge is from the oringinal manufacturer or not and it wont work and such...
jay

silvia S13
09-22-2002, 09:19 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tricky1980 @ Sep. 21 2002,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">most of the time if it isnt from the same manufacturer as your printer it is a refilled cartridge with recycled ink in it... and if you have a newer printer not sure when it started but they have a "chip" system that knows if a cartridge is from the oringinal manufacturer or not and it wont work and such...
jay</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
damn, thanks a lot, lucky I didn't buy them yet.