PDA

View Full Version : so many noises, HUMMM....

240meowth
01-15-2002, 10:53 PM
well, usually when i slow down into my parking spot or when i drive slowly just crusing around the neghborhood, i hear a humming sound that comes and goes, WHAT CAN IT BE!!! sometimes, it even humms when i just turned off the engine.  any idea?  differential just chillin? or power antanna hitting the car angels?  or yo mama is sleeping in my trunk? anything! just tell me all the possibilities

Silviaboy
01-15-2002, 11:46 PM
The only thing I can think of is that you are hearing your fuel pump. To test this go to the rear of the car. Have someone turn the key to on but not start. Listen for the fuel pump to prime. If this doesn't work start the car and go back and listen. This is the only thing I can think of other than the ones you mentioned. If you get a new fuel pump the hum should be reduced if not terminated.

gh6o6
01-16-2002, 06:51 AM
you have a power antena? do you mabe hear this noise when you switch from radio to cd?  you should hear a humming from the motor when the antena goes up and down.  turn your radio down low so in not easy to hear, and then turn off the radio.  you should hear the antena retract and if this is the sound, you at least know where its comming from