PDA

View Full Version : S14 ES Master Bushing Kit??

BLiTz
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyway had installed this on S14 and thought the benefit was worth the money??
I really just want to replace the Front Lower Control Arm bushing and the rear Control Arm Bushings and knuckle bushing that dont get changed with aftermarket multi-link suspension.
I am kinda confused at what all comes in the ES kit and was wondering if it comes with everything I need or not.

HYPER-FLEX SYSTEM Complete Master Bushing Set- w/ 27mm front & 16mm rear sway bar bushings. Includes: Front control arm bushings (2), rear control arm bushings, front strut rod bushings, front and rear sway bar bushings, tie rod end boots.

It says 2 front control arm bushings but it doesn't say about the rear and i thought there was like 4 bushings in the rear going from memory?? I just dont want to order the kit if it doesn't come with what i want to replace.
I am about the install my tension, toe, traction, and camber rods and dont want to leave any slop in my suspension from 10 year old bushings.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.

LigouriRd
10-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I installed the master kit last winter. It includes all that you are going to need. For the rear there are two bushings in each lower control arm, one in each upper control arm, one in each toe control arm, and three in each knuckle for a total of 14 bushings. The only thing that it does not contain are differential support bushings...they lied to me about that.

Definitely work the money and effort, at the cost of some ride comfort.

jdmspooge
10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Agreed, definately worth every penny. Think about it, you won't have to replace these for a long long time.

MAGILLA
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey i was wondering if anyway had installed this on S14 and thought the benefit was worth the money??
I really just want to replace the Front Lower Control Arm bushing and the rear Control Arm Bushings and knuckle bushing that dont get changed with aftermarket multi-link suspension.
I am kinda confused at what all comes in the ES kit and was wondering if it comes with everything I need or not.

HYPER-FLEX SYSTEM Complete Master Bushing Set- w/ 27mm front & 16mm rear sway bar bushings. Includes: Front control arm bushings (2), rear control arm bushings, front strut rod bushings, front and rear sway bar bushings, tie rod end boots.

It says 2 front control arm bushings but it doesn't say about the rear and i thought there was like 4 bushings in the rear going from memory?? I just dont want to order the kit if it doesn't come with what i want to replace.
I am about the install my tension, toe, traction, and camber rods and dont want to leave any slop in my suspension from 10 year old bushings.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.

The main thing you need to know is that if you plan to do any after market suspension pieces be aware that most of them come with their own bushings or eliminate it. I have white line sways, footwerks tension, traction, ruca, and toes.
**** The only bushings that I could use from the master kit were the tie rod end boots ($3.50) and the lower front control arm bushings ($13.50). The s14 master kit DOES NOT come with the rear multi link bushings. That is a separate kit($60) for the s14. I sold my kit and bought the two bushings I just mentioned and the steering rack bushings ($7) and save myself $100 bucks. I plan to do the rear kit next.

If you just want Stock stuff then it is definitely worth it. Makes a world of difference.

Oh and the Kit takes forever to get, or be prepare to pay 20% more to get it in less than 2 months. Jegs has the master kit for $80.

LigouriRd
10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
The s14 master kit DOES NOT come with the rear multi link bushings. Oh and the Kit takes forever to get, or be prepare to pay 20% more to get it in less than 2 months. Jegs has the master kit for $80.
I don't know what to tell you, the master kit that I ordered from Summit ( ENS-7-18106G)came with the rear multi-link bushings...it cost a bit more than $80 though more like a buck thirty...it did take quite a while to get it.

BLiTz
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
**** The only bushings that I could use from the master kit were the tie rod end boots ($3.50) and the lower front control arm bushings ($13.50). The s14 master kit DOES NOT come with the rear multi link bushings. That is a separate kit($60) for the s14. I sold my kit and bought the two bushings I just mentioned and the steering rack bushings ($7) and save myself $100 bucks. I plan to do the rear kit next.

If you just want Stock stuff then it is definitely worth it. Makes a world of difference.

Oh and the Kit takes forever to get, or be prepare to pay 20% more to get it in less than 2 months. Jegs has the master kit for $80.

Where did you get the lower front control arm bushings and rear link bushings for so cheap? I need these soon.

This is why I am confused about what all comes in the kit because the more i read about them there seems to be different kits for different prices or something, but now I am second guessing buying the kit I really dont want to wait a few weeks for these for sure.
http://www.splparts.com/Parts/S14/Suspension/Multilink/RearSuspension.jpg
From this diagram courtesy of splparts it looks to me like all i need is the upright upper bushings, lower arm bushings, and the front lower control arm bushings. I need these as soon as possible because there the only things keeping me from installing my peak tension, toe, camber, traction rods and Z32 brakes.
Also when installing bushings on rear lower arms and knuckle I was wondering what I can do to replace that ball-joint that well be toast im sure. Ive seen different things for S13 like Sentra B13 ball-joints for the rear but for S14 is seems like the fronts fit the rears also??? Does anyone have some insight because I will needs these and the bushings ordered soon.
Thanks for the help!

MAGILLA
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Where did you get the lower front control arm bushings and rear link bushings for so cheap? I need these soon.

This is why I am confused about what all comes in the kit because the more i read about them there seems to be different kits for different prices or something, but now I am second guessing buying the kit I really dont want to wait a few weeks for these for sure.

From this diagram courtesy of splparts it looks to me like all i need is the upright upper bushings, lower arm bushings, and the front lower control arm bushings. I need these as soon as possible because there the only things keeping me from installing my peak tension, toe, camber, traction rods and Z32 brakes.
Also when installing bushings on rear lower arms and knuckle I was wondering what I can do to replace that ball-joint that well be toast im sure. Ive seen different things for S13 like Sentra B13 ball-joints for the rear but for S14 is seems like the fronts fit the rears also??? Does anyone have some insight because I will needs these and the bushings ordered soon.
Thanks for the help!

I have and am ordering the bushings from www.ultrarev.com, . And the bushings you need sound about right, but what about your rack and pinion(really cheap $6-8 and worth it), and sway bar bushings( are you going after market or stock?).

As for the ball joint go to the autozone or advance website and you can look up if they match there.

BLiTz
10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I have and am ordering the bushings from www.ultrarev.com, . And the bushings you need sound about right, but what about your rack and pinion(really cheap $6-8 and worth it), and sway bar bushings( are you going after market or stock?).

As for the ball joint go to the autozone or advance website and you can look up if they match there.

I checked out the website and i saw the front and rear control arm bushings, sucks that you have to reuse the outer metal sleeves on the front bushings because ive seen from what everyone has said that you cut those to get them out destroying them.
Also where are those "upright upper bushings" from the diagram listed on that ultrarev website? I cant seem to find them, what else are they known as??
Thanks for the help, I just dont want to order the wrong bushings and im trying to get everything together.

Matman03
06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Includes:

Front Control Arm Bushings
Rear Control Arm Bushings
Front Strut Rod Bushings
Front 27mm Sway Bar Bushings
Rear 16mm Sway Bar Bushings
Tie-rod end boots