PDA

View Full Version : Tein HE DAmper Adjust????

rckymtnkouki
10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Can anybody help with this? I Have tein HE all the way around how do i make the ride smooth???? i heard adjust the damper but hell how do i do that i cant find a site that has that info. thanks

jdmspooge
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Are you sure you have HE's. If you really have them, there should be a knob that resembles a screw which utilizes a hex tool to adjust them. Were they bought new or something? They usually come with an adjustment hand tool. The rears should have an rubberized cap that you remove and that will expose the adjustment screw. Pics would help you out alot on here, so we know exactly what you're having difficulty with.

As far as comfort on the HE's. Hahaha, IMO they're not meant for daily driving. It is a beginner competition coilover system that is valved and developed for beginner to semi mild road sports (drifting/depending).

Good luck, but with these you'll just be hearing more interior panels shaking in no time!

Skullavera
10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I daily drove on my HE's for a little over a year but I loved it. Sure the ride isn't that comfortable but hey, my car isn't built for comfort. As far as adjusting the dampening, all four coils have the adjustment screws up on the very top to be adjusted with a hex key but they can be turned by hand. Full stiff would be turning them clock-wise until it stops and full soft would obviously be counter clock-wise. Try it, it's fairly easy!

jdmspooge
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
There you go rck... I think we've answered your question.

Good luck!

rckymtnkouki
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys for the help. See i bought this car snd it came with them on so not to sure on those coilovers my buddy just bought another s13 convertible and it has cusco and they ride smooth. thanks all:bowrofl:

axiomatik
10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I would expect that the cusco's will ride smoother than entry-level teins. don't expect miracles.

whereda40at
10-16-2007, 01:19 AM
i think i have these same coilovers that came with my car and it was set up for drifting. but i converted it for drag. can i make my coilovers softer so that when i launch it squates?

axiomatik
10-16-2007, 07:41 AM
swap out the springs with a lower spring rate and drop the damping as low as it will go. dedicated drag suspension usually has different damping rates for compression and rebound. the rear will have really low compression damping rates and high rebound rates, while the front will have the opposite, to encourage weight transfer to the rear. with most jdm coilovers, you can't adjust compression and rebound individually.

whereda40at
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
ok i will have to do that when i get the whip back. thanks