PDA

View Full Version : Odd sr20 problem... wont run.

BoostinGST
10-12-2007, 04:20 AM
i searched but its too broad of a search... i just finished all my swap, but it doesnt run. I went through and after a while of it not starting i ended up finding 2 wires that were cut in the coil pack harness... i fixed those wires and it still wouldnt work. so i put the motor at TDC and took the CAS off and put it back in, when i put it in the first time i just eyeballed it, took the broke one off and replaced it. the car still wont start. i pulled the plugs out and made sure they'd spark against the strut tower and they did. the fuel pump turns on but it seems like it cuts out when i try to crank the car, normal??? i dont know where to go from here. it doesnt make any nasty sounds or anything so im pretty sure its good. when starting the car i also noticed the light on the ecu cuts out a little bit. i have a 95 240 with a s13 blacktop. i used the wiring from here, http://www.skylineking.com/fsm/S13SRInstallationIntoS14.pdf
double checked it tonight and it was good i tried jump starting the car since the battery died from all the starting. the only idea i have is i might've fouled out the plugs, any ideas???

nassin31spr
10-12-2007, 05:22 AM
First check for spark. If you have spark then your cas is probably off. Try pulling it and putting it back in moving it a tooth at a time. Its a bitch to get the timing right on some times. The fuel pump primes when you turn the key on. It comes on fills the lines then shuts off. This is normal. I actually find it easier to set the timing this way. Either your on or your not. Make sure your battery is fully charged also.

BoostinGST
10-12-2007, 06:55 AM
someone told me to turn the motor to TDC, take out the CAS, turn the motor over 360, then put the CAS back in at the 2nd mark from the right because the CAS might be 180° wrong... tomorrow i will try that, its definately getting power to the plugs, im not sure if the plugs are sparking inside the head though of course, i did get a nice jolt when i was testing them lol.

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
10-12-2007, 07:20 AM
someone told me to turn the motor to TDC, take out the CAS, turn the motor over 360, then put the CAS back in at the 2nd mark from the right because the CAS might be 180° wrong... tomorrow i will try that, its definately getting power to the plugs, im not sure if the plugs are sparking inside the head though of course, i did get a nice jolt when i was testing them lol.
you also could have wired the cas part of the ecu up i'd do what nissan31spr said first and if that don't work i'd check your wiring

BoostinGST
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
you also could have wired the cas part of the ecu up i'd do what nissan31spr said first and if that don't work i'd check your wiring
wiring is good.

Giorgakis02
10-12-2007, 02:06 PM
i know for distributors that it must be cyl 1 on its compression stroke at tdc try cheaking that. im not sure how it works on the sr motors tho.

BoostinGST
10-20-2007, 01:22 AM
ok, i set it to TDC, swapped it to 180 out... BAM!!! damn car finally ran lol...