PDA

View Full Version : Clogged Radiator Help?

twofortyrida1388
10-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Dude wtf, my ride christine decided to start over heating on the first day under 60*. My top radiator hose is hot and the bottom cold as ice. The radiator from right to left on the top was hot;2-3" down. The rest of the radiator was cold. Can I just take the hoses off and use a pressure washer or hose and force whatevers stuck out? I knew something was wrong when I was going 40-45mph with heat on 4 and all the way hot with it less than 60* outside and the needle started going up. Oh and there is ZERO rust in my system.

Tearlessj
10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Hmmm never knew a Radiator could clog up. Let us know what was up in there if you ever get it cleared out.

davirene
10-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Just a quick note when you checked the top hose that was hot did it feel like it had alot of pressure??

If not make sure your thermostate is opening up once your car warms up...if not disconnect both radiator hoses and poor some LIME A WAY or something of that nature...let it sit for a couple of hours then get your garden hose with a rag and stuff it in the top and try to flush it???

Goodluck
David

twofortyrida1388
10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
No pressure. I could squeeze the bottom and hear the coolant flow.

supreme_1
10-12-2007, 03:02 AM
take it to any local radiator shop and have them route it. i know my radiator wasnt plugged that much so i was able to blast it with the garden hose and it cleaned up nice after about 10 chunks came out.

twofortyrida1388
10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I replaced both hoses, water pump, thermo, and flushed the block. Before it was an annoyance but now its starting to fuckin make me mad. I'm going to take hoses off and shove a water hose down it.

240trainee
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Yea, my first 240 had a clogged radiator.

If you have replaced everything else, thats probably what it is.

OEM radiators aren't that cheap, call one of those national 1-800 numbers or something, you can get a replacement for ~$120 iirc.

Or just ebay an aluminum one, or get one from one of the vendors on here, Mashimoto or whatever the fuck the koyo knockoff is called.

twofortyrida1388
10-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I think its mishimoto idk. I thought about getting one of those. Heard the honduh boyz been using them for a minute.