PDA

View Full Version : SR20det (red top) won't rev past 3k RPM. Help!

TOMKAIRA93
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys,
After a year of having my car stored in the garage, my father and brother in law have helped me tie loosed ends with my project. We finally got it to where is driveable, menaing everything is in place...or at least it seemed like it. Well, I took it for a test drive about 2 hours ago and the car won't go past 3k rpm. The car idles steady at 0.9 RPM and doesn't leak any air, otherwise it wouldn't be smooth at idling. It also spools fine when revved up in the garage. I've tried searching for similar problems but haven't had any luck.
Again, I've had this project for a year now and I think is close to being done, I just need this little problem to be taken care of. I would really appreciate if anyone that has had this problem before help a fellow zilvian in need. :)

Thanks!:bigok:

S13Leprechaun
10-10-2007, 10:02 PM
when you rev in it still wont go past 3k or is it just when youre driving?

TOMKAIRA93
10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
when you're driving it only. In the garage, it rev's up like a champ. weird!!!

jspek
10-11-2007, 12:54 AM
did you check the ecu for any codes?

cotbu
10-11-2007, 05:15 AM
The car idles steady at 0.9 RPM and doesn't leak any air, otherwise it wouldn't be smooth at idling. This type of thinking, may cause you to overlook the boost leak you have. I did have a problem like this. code 55, Idled fine, revved fine, but bucked when given any kind of throttle while driving and smoked. first thought I blew the head gasket, compression was great. Then I thought MAFS, cause it eventually wouldn't rev past 2500rpm. But it was a boostleak. Meaning vacuum was good but boost leaked. Is there any smoke while driving?

water
10-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Check over ignition and pressure test for boost leaks.

TOMKAIRA93
10-11-2007, 07:09 AM
I will start with the BOV for leaks. Since it was night, I couldn't tell if there was any smoke or not. I will check today and report back. Thanks!

statik
10-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Try adjusting the TPS as well. If you dont have an SR FSM, PM me.

TOMKAIRA93
10-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Yesterday I checked for leaks and found one down in the intercooler area. Fixed it and the car runs a lot better but now it craps out on me at 4k rpm. I can shift fine, but if I rev it up pass 4k, it will start crapping out again. I suspect another boost leak around the hot pipe, it needs some welding. Hopefully this will fix the problem. But if it doesn't, what else?