PDA

View Full Version : any one ever use greddy syn oil?

zaquanh
10-10-2007, 08:37 AM
im tryna figure out whats the best oil for a red top sr20det i know they have talked about this before but im not sure because i dont really understand the weights im wondering because of the fact that im in texas and half the time its over 90 degrees here , greddy sugest there 5-40 weight i was using valvoline 10 30 syn then some one said 10 40 because of the thickness , im confused help me out ok

drifting.8
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Personnaly i had issues with the greddy syn oil.. i had good results with the castrol full syn 10 30... run it try it out find what works for ur driving style..(obvioulsy speaking of a the track)

vvtisupra
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
how often do you change your oil and whats the average temp in san antonio. I'd imagine it being hot over there in Tehas, I'd run something alil thicker if you do many track events. I run 6 quarts of 15-50 mobile 1 synthetic with greddy oil pan and filter relocator with oil cooler and it seems to be doing a okay. on my ka i use to run 10-30 but would eat that stuff for breakfast at the track, that or it would break down so much it'd look like water and drip out the gaskets.

zaquanh
10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
well i havnt had any problems ive ben using 10 30 for the longest just i know that your suposed to use thicker oil for hotter weather

right now daily its ben above 90 and the car has ben heating up so im goin to flush the radiator and use watter wetter and distilled watter and a lil antifreeze

then a thicker oil

and i do events like once a month or so but i daily it sometime and just want the right stuff i baby my engine and i dont wana mess it up lol

lets just say i change the oil too much lol it will still have a nice gold wen it comes out never dark lol

wats good for events cuz i get my oil from auto zone or wallmart who ever has a better price

burnsauto
10-10-2007, 12:06 PM
you may want to look into a 15 50 or a 20 50 for those types of tempatures.

you may want to leave the oil in there a little longer. you dont want it coming out the same color it came in, you want it dirty. it coming out dirty means you're giving the oil time to do its job, helps clean everything out. im not saying leaving it in there until it smells like its been burning when you change the oil..but you need to give it some time. (imo)

BoostedCoupe
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
i use 10w 30 castrol syn blend. and it gets 90+ in the summer all the itme here and i havent had no problems but i have never been to a track event either tho. Like said above dont change you oil to often i think every 2,000 miles is fine or every 3-4 months but thats just me.

opponheimer
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I run amsoil, and like everyone else who runs amsoil, i'm going to say its the best oil in the world, its god's choice..

No but really, i would run synthetic on whatever if you're in an area with drastic temperature changes.. you want to run something with a high viscosity index.

zaquanh
10-10-2007, 02:03 PM
yea i stay with the syn i heard royal purple and amsoil was bad for sr20det's wats ur opinion on that?

and yea ill leave it in there lol

burnsauto
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
yea i stay with the syn i heard royal purple and amsoil was bad for sr20det's wats ur opinion on that?

i run royal purple on my sr, no problems.

DJ_Sunrise
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Ive been running royal purple in my sr for 2 years now. No problems.

-Bart

MomentumGT
10-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Amsoil for years with no problems.

-Jon