PDA

View Full Version : '92 Vert dying at stoplights

240trainee
10-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok, here's the car

92 vert
automatic
bone stock

My Mom has been driving my second car (this one) for a couple months now. It seems that at stoplights, the thing will die and not start again. Now, she says there is nothing out of the ordinary, one moment it is running, the next it's not. The motor turns over, but won't fire. But after a couple minutes it fires right up.

Now, I drove the thing for a couple months before her, never had a problem. I have drive it around since then, and it has never happened to me. I replaced the starter last week, but that was a different issue, wouldn't crank until I hit the starter with a hammer.

The problem here is it cranking but not firing, and dying at stop lights.

I don't know what the fuck it is, and I can't get it to happen to me. but it kinda needs to stop.

any thoughts??

axiomatik
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
hmm, I seem to remember that happening to my car, but that was like 7 years ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it, so all I can do is wish you luck. Sorry I can't help.

steve shadows
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
maybe its the stoplights emitting some odd electromagnetic pulse that offsets the circuits in the ecu?

johngriff
10-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Coolant Temp Sensor?
Bad Spark Plugs?
THE NECRONOMICON??!?
http://members.aol.com/roysteeth/necronom.jpg

axiomatik
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/nbrindley/nelson-800x600.gif

HAHA! steve let his premium membership lapse

S14DB
10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Vacuum leak?
IACV?
TPS?
TB clean?

GSXRJJordan
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
^^^ All the things S14DB posted are great starting places... idle is when the MAF/all vacuum connections are most important... clean that shit out. The fact that after a couple minutes it starts back up makes me thing fueling though... hmph.

240trainee
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Yea, the thing that confuses me is aside from the dying occasionally, it drives perfect. Idles at 700 steady, drives perfectly fine throughout the powerband, etc, etc.

Thats what makes me thing no vacuum leak, but of course I will check anyway. Gonna clean the sensors and shit, and start driving it, as she threw me the keys when I stopped by the house last night and said she wouldn't drive it anymore, lol.

Guess I have my daily back.