PDA

View Full Version : Apex-i dual N1 poorly made?

SlowS14
01-15-2002, 05:49 PM
My dual N1 is falling apart! Two of the hangers on the drivers side pipe broke off of the exhaust. This left two holes, one in the muffler and one 8 inches before the muffler. What the ####! It seems like it couldnt support its own weight. I've had it for like 9 months or so. Its still under warranty but, I would have to ship it to apex-i so they could check it out (make sure i didn't bottom it out on anything,which i did not) before they ship a new one to the shop where I had it put on. This would leave me without transportation! What a headache!!!
A muffler shop said they could fix it for $80 or so.
Has anyone had this happen before?

West
01-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Dual exhausts are heavy. My HKS Dual Dragger ripped through its rubber hanger many times. I had to end up clamping it down with as many metal tie wraps as I could fit over the rubber hanger.

SlowS14
01-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Rubber ripping is one thing but the metal hanger breaking off the pipe sounds like poor engineering or welding.

SlowS14
01-16-2002, 03:39 PM
I got my exhaust fixed today for $70.
Not bad

anthony240
01-16-2002, 10:41 PM
dang, really? I've had mine on for almost 8 months, no signs of falling off, rust, or cracking, and I bottomed it out a bit, scraped it lightly on a curb, and it's still on there. but everyone's not perfect.