PDA

View Full Version : Starter / Starting Problems! HELP!

kuruptR
09-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Another Starter Problems, I'v searched around, but It doesnt seem like mine relates.

I have a Canadian S13 with S14 WC SR20DET. Using S13SR20DET Charging Harness.

Problem: When clicking to ignition, starter does not make a sound. The rest of the car is functioning as it should. As it does start when I short the starter with the ground directly on the unit.

But it doesnt seem to start with the key.

Job 1 was to read the EL electirical system from the 240sx bible. It says theres a RELAY and Clutch Switch on US MODELS only. I know for fact my car does not have clutch switch nor did it ever.

I want to know if this car has a relay, where do I look? On the Relay box near the battery It says:
"IGN COIL/FL 30A ANTI SKID"
"EGI"
"EGI PUMP"
"H/L RET CONT"
"COND FAN RR FOG"

on this box it has large fuse, "IGN SW" I checked this one to see if the fuse was good. Looks good.

It says on electrical diagram that ignition is fused with a 10a. When I read the chart on the driver side interior fuse box, it does say iginition, in the middle writen vertically. So where is the fuse for this??? I know Accessory written vertically has a fuse, its 10A Room Lamp and its highlighted WHITE.

WHERE SHOULD I AND HOW SHOULD I TEST WHERE THERE IS A FAULT IN THE SYSTEM.

Thanks!

kuruptR
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
The car has a Alarm/Starter....most likley the fault could be here but just throwing it up.