PDA

View Full Version : No ABS in 95 SE

NZO
09-10-2002, 09:05 PM
Sry if this is a repeat post, couldnt find it by searching.

Im looking at a 95 se but the owner doesnt know if it has ABS or not and im not about to ask him to look under the hood (i asked if it had abs and he told me it doesnt have a moonroof ). Does having an ABS light on the dash mean it has ABS for sure?

My main question is do i even need abs? I know what abs is but other than the obvious, what are the advantages and disadvantages of abs? I figure if i got one w/abs i could just remove the abs fuse if i didnt like it.

AKADriver
09-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Unless you're an experienced driver with a good command of threshhold braking (modulating braking force right at the edge of lockup), ABS works wonders.  It's a great thing to have if you drive your 240SX in winter, also.

Disadvantage?  I can't think of a real one.  Some people don't like the 'mule kick' pedal feel that some ABS systems give.

If the car has an ABS warning light that lights at startup and then goes off, then ABS is definitely present.  If the light stays on, then the system could be missing or nonfunctional.

The main advantage, as I see it, to getting an S14 with ABS, is that it was always packaged along with a limited slip differential.