PDA

View Full Version : Need Help--Strange Problem

primerprincess
09-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Hey, I need help again. My 95 KA started to shut off on me while driving--no warning or anything. I would have to let it sit and then start it and get it home. Got it scanned and code said that I needed a knock sensor, so I replaced that. Now it scans clean, but now there is a starting problem. The car will start just fine, but only stays running for about a second and then shuts off. Spark is fine, seems to be getting gas no problem, so I am lost. I really want my car back, so I will appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!!

95Kouki
09-23-2007, 10:34 AM
did you recently have any work performed on the car (motor or chassis?)

did you recently was under the engine bay or have a huge amount of rain lately?

to me it sounds as if you're having problems with your TPS/idle adjustment...check using the procedure outlined in the FSM and make adjustments or replace as necessary.

also don't rule out a coolant temp sending unit or MAF...

Best of Luck

Jason

SlidewayzS14
09-23-2007, 11:33 AM
i had this problem on my old acura. It turned out to be the Ignition switch. Might not be your problem, but worth a look.

s13monkey
09-25-2007, 04:29 AM
check your pcv valve if you follow the house that comes from your brake booster you'll see a small valve check itand the hoses that go to and from the booster to pcv to intake manifold.