PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell??!..wiring issue?

JDMS1lv1a
09-22-2007, 04:22 PM
K,here's the deal. I have a 95 s14.My car was sent out for a paint job at a body shop about 3 weeks ago and got it back like a week ago.

Ever since I got it back (like a day or so after),every time I press the brake pedal,it causes the instrument/guage cluster backlighting to turn on including the front corner lights.:confused: Car can be on or off,it happens either way.

It also affects my brake lights when my headlghts are on.

NOTE: a while back I let one of my retard buddies put in an aftermarket head unit and when he was done,my interior lighting/guage cluster lighting was fucked up(it would'nt turn on) and my brake lights were out.
Someone I know re did and fixed the wiring.Everything's been ok till now.

has anyone experienced this problem? or has any suggestions?(I think its a wiring issue,not sure though)

Thanks
-Mike

95Kouki
09-23-2007, 12:44 AM
that sounds like a disaster...you should never have to rewire anything...especially after putting a radio in...worst case scenario he would've popped a fuse...shouldn't require any rewiring...also is the car lowered...if so did you happen to relocate your main harness on the drivers side? great place to start for a problem like that

best of luck

Jason