PDA

View Full Version : Megan racing manifold question

Curb King
09-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Just got my manifold in the mail and i went to go test fit it on the car. I have an s14 sr20det with the stock t28 turbo. Here is the problem i ran into. When i attempted to bolt the turbo to the manifold, the turbo outlet to the intercooler was making contact with one of the runners on the manifold. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Sir
09-14-2007, 07:36 PM
clock the turbo a little, that should help out.

nissanguy13
09-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Make sure to wrap the manifold or get some heavy duty heat shields. I had one on my s13 redtop w/ stock t25 and it was melting rubber hoses and the silicone couplers. The silicone coupler that goes from the turbo to I/C piping actually caught on fire. I had to pull over and extinguish the flames.

Curb King
09-14-2007, 09:50 PM
It wont bolt up. It has the right bolt pattern to bolt up to the head and turbo but that outlet on the turbo is in the way.

codyace
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Easy!

1. Get your stocker back of the shelf
2. Put your turbo back on the stock manifold
3. Put the stock manifold and turbo back on your car
4. Throw the MR maniofld in the brush, or to some new kid that doesn't know

Enjoy :D

statik
09-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Easy!

1. Get your stocker back of the shelf
2. Put your turbo back on the stock manifold
3. Put the stock manifold and turbo back on your car
4. Throw the MR maniofld in the brush, or to some new kid that doesn't know

Enjoy :D

agreed heh, can't say I didn't start with a ssautocrap, but i've learned my lesson (expreme ftw). If you really want to use it, you need to clock the turbo so the outlet doesn't touch and is as far away as possible but still be able to connect the intake/hotpipe.

BoostGetsULaid
09-15-2007, 11:43 AM
depending how how much he needs to clock his turbo his piping will still be the same angle so that might work out. could you post some picture. i have s13 redtop w/ a S15 T28 and had no problem with the MR exhaust manifold.

the only problem i had was that the hose the ran near the manifold i extended so it owuldnt touch but i thats it i had that problem with my stock one too tho. the other problem was i had to get new studs and what not cause the stock manifold had built in studs. it was hard gettign the nuts on hte manifold but i got it