PDA

View Full Version : n/a z32 auto tranny in s14?

madd ocx
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
hey i heard that the auto tranny from an n/a z32 300zx will bolt up to an s14, does anyone know the truth behind it. i plan on supercharing the ka24de and i was told the auto ka tranny might not hold up.. i live in nyc and dont really wanna do a 5 speed mainly because i'm lazy, lol.. but i heard the n/a zx tranny would be better but i think the stock ka tranny should be fine, just weighing the options. so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

Sir
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
google mazworx

Katsumbhong
09-14-2007, 07:59 AM
I know here in Okinawa there are a few peeps using R33 GTS25T Transmissions on their SR20DET engines.

Shops would cut a section of the bellhousing off an SR20DET transmission, measure out then weld it onto a R33 Tranmission with its bellhousing also cut out.

projectRDM
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
The NA Z32 auto is the exact same unit as the S13/S14, with a different bellhousing. Swapping it in will gain you nothing.

The TT Z32 is the stout transmission, but it will not bolt that I know of, it's much larger and has a different design on the bellhousing.

madd ocx
09-15-2007, 09:07 AM
The NA Z32 auto is the exact same unit as the S13/S14, with a different bellhousing. Swapping it in will gain you nothing.

The TT Z32 is the stout transmission, but it will not bolt that I know of, it's much larger and has a different design on the bellhousing.but wouldn't the n/a tranny be capable of holding down more horses. i'm not to sure thats why i'm asking.

Nikeboy355
09-15-2007, 11:47 AM
No... It's the exact same transmission...

madd ocx
09-15-2007, 01:43 PM
ok so if its the same transmission then the ka tranny should be able to support around 250hp right? i know the n/a z32 is about 220hp stock. but if the tranny is the same like you are saying then it shouldn't be a problem.

projectRDM
09-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Bingo. 250whp is fine on an auto transmission, more if you're careful with it and constantly change the filter and fluid.
Just make certain you don't pull the ricer move and unplug the dropping resistor. Doing that will destroy the transmission with half the power you're looking at.

RUTH'LESSDET
09-16-2007, 12:08 PM
hey i heard that the auto tranny from an n/a z32 300zx will bolt up to an s14, does anyone know the truth behind it. i plan on supercharing the ka24de and i was told the auto ka tranny might not hold up.. i live in nyc and dont really wanna do a 5 speed mainly because i'm lazy, lol.. but i heard the n/a zx tranny would be better but i think the stock ka tranny should be fine, just weighing the options. so if anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

who makes a supercharger for the ka motor please post a link i would like to see this:bash:

projectRDM
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
who makes a supercharger for the ka motor please post a link i would like to see this:bash:

Welcome to Earth. Thomas Knight prototyped a kit last year.

madd ocx
09-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Bingo. 250whp is fine on an auto transmission, more if you're careful with it and constantly change the filter and fluid.
Just make certain you don't pull the ricer move and unplug the dropping resistor. Doing that will destroy the transmission with half the power you're looking at.thanks alot! i just wanna try something a little different. now that know that it will be fine i'm going ahead with my plans. of course i'm going with knight supercharger kit being thats the only one available, lol..