PDA

View Full Version : Will Not Fit !!!!!!!

DDSR240
09-13-2007, 01:30 AM
O.K. i'm sure it will fit some how I just need some tips. Here it is I've got a gt35-r on a sr20det blk top in a s13 coupe the down pipe hits the brake lines on the booster cylinder. So my question is is there a smaller or more convienent booster cylender top use. by the way it's a top mount set up turbo 4 all the noobs that are going to ask ''how r the brake lines in the way''

DDSR240
09-13-2007, 03:26 AM
any body pleeeeaaaassee!!!!

Koopa Troopa
09-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Get a new downpipe made

GSXRJJordan
09-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Yeah you're looking at this completely the wrong way. The brake booster needs to be where it's at because of the pedal/dash, and the master cylinder needs to be where it's at because of the booster. Is it the length that's the problem, or the fact that the lines come out on the inboard side of the master cylinder? Pics would help.

Generally speaking, there's plenty of room for a 3" downpipe back there - did you use some crap manifold that mounts the turbo totally parallel to the engine block? Full-Race (among others) 'skew' the turbo so the compressor housing has room, and the downpipe hugs the block/bell housing on it's way down.

The solution might be as simple as making a new downpipe, or you may have to chop/reweld your t3 flange on the manifold to get the angle you need to make the downpipe clear the brake lines. The more room between the turbo/downpipe and the brake system the better, obviously.

lazierhobo
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
or if your looking for a temporary solution that dosent require you to get a new manifold or downpipe, you can do this. oh and dont worry i know this is the worst manifold and turbo, its only there cause i couldnt spend the money just yet. dont worry tho a real turbo and manifold is all coming this summer.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/lazierhobo/Albyandbenscar027.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/lazierhobo/Albyandbenscar026.jpg

chituntang
09-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Am I losing my mind or lazierhobo is not running a SR20DET... Where are the coilpacks??? Or you are running full standalone??

Sir
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Its a SR20DE (at least the vc is)
but it has no dizzy/cas, so Im guessing crank trigger wheel?
but why are your wires going under the hottest place in the engine bay?

shit, now i'm curious, can you post more pics?

Koopa Troopa
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
That's a sweet ass motor... I see even the brake master cylinder has been reworked! Badass! Where did the resevior go though?

Edit - Damn US Govt. internet... pictures finally loaded

GSXRJJordan
09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
That reservoir setup looks good, but using two reservoirs isn't the greatest thing in the world... just keep checking your fluid levels.

That's an NA SR20, out of a S14 or S15. They did make the NA SR's in RWD, people. I am utterly confused as to why those plug wires are down in that spot, though, as I am with why you went NA-T on an engine like the SR.

Finally, is that an ebay manifold? It actually looks like it positions the turbo much better than I would have imagined. Could push it further forward, but shit, for $200...

Neejay
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
bump for more lazierhobo pics...