PDA

View Full Version : Ignition fuse keeps blowing when i get on it HELP!

sleepingGTR
09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
So this just started like 4 days ago i was heading to my shop and i got on it and everything died car, fan, and all, but my dome light and dinger was still working so i went and checked my fuses and it was blowin, so i replaced it with a new 30amp and it did it again later on, and it does it occasionaly now and i dont no what to do, can someone please help me thanks.

MURPHY
09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
mine did that from wiring up a msd blaster..

sleepingGTR
09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
i cant get anymore help, please guys im stumped.

rican_nick
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
background info on the car?

Any wrecks? Any mods that required wiring?? Audio? etc.

fliprayzin240sx
09-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Time to get a FSM and familiarize yourself with the electrical system. STOP PUTTING A HIGHER AMP FUSE!!! All your gonna do is burn your electrical system more and fuck up your car. Get an FSM first and do the half method to figure out which side keeps blowing the fuse.

sleepingGTR
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
well first of all it came with the 30amp in it, i havent done any wiring mods in it, it ran fine until a few days ago so i guess ill just check over some stuff and see what goes on.

Addicted2Kouki
09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
CHECK ALL YOUR WIRING THAT HAS TO DO WITH IGNITION.

you are grounding out somewhere.

trace from your steering column to the fusebox to the ecu.

i had the same problem.

Inlandsilvia
09-11-2007, 07:13 PM
mine alt was hitting the powersteering line causing a short due to weak ass motormounts. every time the engine moved it would touch the metal tube and bam...out goes everything. just put some foam and ziptied it and bam it's fixed.

runyun
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
i had the same problem with my 95 (back when i had one)
one of the wires was grounding the head. it's the wire that goes in front of the valve cover towards the distributor

ck that loom and see if any of the wires are being grounded out

Jbma327
09-12-2007, 03:37 AM
check all the wire you may have done yourself to the car. There is a short circuit somewhere. What I did to test mine was took out all the fuse in my fuse box and replaced the fuse that kept blowing. The put in one fuse at a time to see what cause that fuse to blow. I finally found out that my boost gauge harness was crappy and cause my short.

MURPHY
09-12-2007, 05:11 AM
i had the same problem with my 95 (back when i had one)
one of the wires was grounding the head. it's the wire that goes in front of the valve cover towards the distributor

ck that loom and see if any of the wires are being grounded out
yep that's very common on the s14. what fuse did yours blow? the 75amp one?