PDA

View Full Version : over filled transmission fluid causing clutch to not engage?

ROTTEN EGG
09-06-2007, 05:06 PM
put in a fresh low miles tranny and after install, it started to have problems

while cars running, i can shift through all gears without stepping on clutch pedal. Doing so did not affect the idle nor did it make any sound or vibrations.

step on the clutch, put it in any gear and release the pedal and nothing.

system is bled, i can see the fork move correctly.

brought the car to a shop finally and they are pretty stumped too. clutch was good, tranny shifts good. Im pretty sure the tranny is good because when you spin the shaft inside the bellhousing by hand, it spins the driveshaft yoke accordingly to what gear your in.

one thing the mechanic noticed is that the transmission was overfilled. I guess i forgot i filled it and i put double. could this be the cause of all the tranny/clutch problems i've been having?

ManoNegra
09-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Drain it and refill it to the right level and see. Very odd.

ThatGuy
09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
You should ask ky. gordon. I hear he knows alot about your car.

What do you think?

aznpoopy
09-06-2007, 05:52 PM
there is a front tranny gasket

its possible you blew it out and oil is pouring all over that ish

i would think the shifter and rear seal would be blown too and shit would be leaking out of the sensors as well

Jung918
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
maybe you can ask this guy
http://www.kang.tv/james_files/Test/gordon1.gif

brainfood
09-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I always overfill, alot of guys I know do too since s13 ka and sr transmissions have oiling problems due to lack of baffeling in case. Overfilling seems to work to save them.

steve shadows
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
overfilling would not cause this.

unless mentioned above all the seals blew their loads

DJ_Sunrise
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I throw more than 3 qts in my trans.. I fill it so much that I leave oil stains everywhere I go for atleast 2 weeks. Strange problem. Hmm.. are you sure the transmission actually goes into gear???

-Bart

azndummie
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
maybe you can ask this guy
http://www.kang.tv/james_files/Test/gordon1.gif

What an ugly sac. I guess ugly girls like ugly guys.
You must be dumber then a pile of rocks. If I was your parents, I would have made sure you died when they dropped you as a kid.

I found another pic of the cock holster.
http://www.kang.tv/james_files/Test/gordon2.jpg

Did you get abducted by aliens and rammed up your ass? The government should really start aborting ugly looking cum suckers like you. If I saw your mom, I would punch her in the ovaries just to make sure that she doesn't have any more retarded kids like you.

b4racing
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I found another pic of that scammer. That chick looks like an elf and that guy looks like a hard core hermaphrodite. http://www.kang.tv/james_files/Test/gordon3.jpg

Koopa Troopa
10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Eh.. I disagree on the chick. I'd give her some pen fifteen.

supreme_1
10-12-2007, 03:05 AM
idk about you guys but i would hit that with the lights off

Koopa Troopa
10-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Maybe I'm just desperate but I'd hit it and cuddle afterwords. Then I'd go on my facebook and write about how the world is no longer covered in a blanket of loneliness

aznpoopy
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
she looks normal to me except for the sharpie eyebrows

daryl337
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd definately hit it. but not before I dick slap that guy in the face to get rid of his overbite problem.

DALAZ_68
10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
id hit it...asian girls are freaks and flexible from my experience...toss em around i do.... lol

as far as ur problem bro...

might wanna check the shift linkage ( long rod that connects to ur actual shifter)

i had the same problem of being able to ''shift into gears'' and not go anywhere...had proper fill of fluid... no leaks...

problem was: somehow the linkage jammed between 2 gears and was just basically stuck...

simple way to check for this is put ur car in nuetral...jack up the rear...and turn the main pulley with a socket and breaker bar...if ur wheels move and ur obviously in ur ''neutral'', u have the same prob i did...if they dont...thne im stumped aswell and bid u gl wiht ur situation

s13silvia123
10-12-2007, 12:39 PM
over filling your tranny wouldnt do much but just comes out of your shifter due to oil pressure.

DALAZ_68
10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
over filling your tranny wouldnt do much but just comes out of your shifter due to oil pressure.

especially if ur innner rubber boot is torn the fuck up :-/

Jung918
10-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Rotten egg is a scammer. He used to go by the name K.Y. Gordon but he made a new screen name. Those were my buddies posting pics of him and talking smack.

Hey Tony, go pick up some white strips for them yellow ass teeth.

HalveBlue
10-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Scammers are pieces of shit and should rot in hell. Thus, you should rot in hell you scamming piece of shit, K.Y. Gordon.

I don't know Jung918 or K.Y. Gordon (aka ROTTEN EGG aka douchebag)personally but I have no problem taking Jung's word on this matter, if only for the fact that he hooked me up with a kick-ass Hello Kitty Horn button.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned from Zilvia, yet.

I hope your tranny blows up and sends shrapnel into your testicles.

ROTTEN piece of shit.

BattleRoyale
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
well if you live in the bay you know how the scammer looks now

keep an eye out

babowc
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
lol how did this thread go from tranny fluid to that scammer.

lolol, if the front seal busted, there would probably be a shitload of oil all over the place.

try a new tranny, it doesnt take long putting one in.
that should solve your problem too..

unless you put the shifter in wrong.